CO2 Has Almost No Effect on Global Temperature, Says Leading Climate Scientist

It is all about the motion of the tectonic plates. NA is moving SW and has for tens of millions of years. But guessing 30 million years ago is when it passed its "closest to the pole" point and, as is motion on the surface of a sphere, started to move away. The angle of the fault at the bottom of the center of the North Atlantic is the key. That has been pushing Greenland NW and Europe SE for over 100 million years. Greenland is where NA was 40 million or so years ago, same arc.

So, NA moved north, got within 600 miles of the North Pole, started to stack ice, grew its continent specific ice age, and then moved away from the pole and the ice age ended because it melted.

These maps show the extent of the "North American Ice Age," but are wrong because they have Greenland frozen too and we know Greenland was GREEN 1 million years ago...
I believe I heard the pole continues to shift today.

It is all about the motion of the tectonic plates. NA is moving SW and has for tens of millions of years. But guessing 30 million years ago is when it passed its "closest to the pole" point and, as is motion on the surface of a sphere, started to move away. The angle of the fault at the bottom of the center of the North Atlantic is the key. That has been pushing Greenland NW and Europe SE for over 100 million years. Greenland is where NA was 40 million or so years ago, same arc.

So, NA moved north, got within 600 miles of the North Pole, started to stack ice, grew its continent specific ice age, and then moved away from the pole and the ice age ended because it melted.

These maps show the extent of the "North American Ice Age," but are wrong because they have Greenland frozen too and we know Greenland was GREEN 1 million years ago...
You could have said it simpler. Plate tectonics were responsible for the northern pole becoming thermally isolated from warmer marine currents and lowered the temperature threshold for glaciation. Plate tectonics play no role in ending glacial periods. We are still in an ice age. It began 3 million years ago.

All of your "terms" are bullshit designed to make Co2 the variable that matters. That thesis is BLOWN AWAY by the DATA that PROVES

Greenland FROZE while NORTH AMERICA THAWED

How did Co2 do both at the same time???

Which data indicates the Greenland is not part of the North American continent? ... see how close they are on the map? ...

You're too stupid to understand ... if we use `100,000,000 years` as our time period, we can demonstrate that indeed continental motion changes climate ... climate would be different if The Amazon and The Congo were connected, and NOT separated by the Atlantic Ocean ... duh ...

We laugh at you because we're talking about Quaternary glaciations, within the past 2 million years ... dumbass ... you know ... with the Atlantic Ocean ...

What did you mean when you said you'd heard the poles continue to shift? The movement of the magnetic poles is not due to plate tectonics.

And out of the other side of your mouth comes this beauty ... so, you now agree Orbital Motions (including Milankovitch cycles) don't have anything to do with climate? ...

Two-faced LIAR ...

And out of the other side of your mouth comes this beauty ... so, you now agree Orbital Motions (including Milankovitch cycles) don't have anything to do with climate? ...

Two-faced LIAR ...
You have completely misunderstood me. I fully accept the role of Milankovitch forcing in our glacial cycles, I was simply wondering, when jc456 said "the poles continue to shift", which poles he was talking about. And guessing that he probably meant the magnetic poles and since the prior conversation had centered around plate tectonics, I thought he might be under the misapprehension that the wandering of the magnetic poles was due to tectonic plate movement.

I do not know HOW you took my query to indicate I rejected Milankovitch forcing. I'm the mainstream science guy around here. If you're ever wondering what I think on any particularl issue, your best guess would be whatever the majority of mainstream scientists are saying.

Last edited:
Which data indicates the Greenland is not part of the North American continent? ... see how close they are on the map? ...

You're too stupid to understand ... if we use `100,000,000 years` as our time period, we can demonstrate that indeed continental motion changes climate ... climate would be different if The Amazon and The Congo were connected, and NOT separated by the Atlantic Ocean ... duh ...

We laugh at you because we're talking about Quaternary glaciations, within the past 2 million years ... dumbass ... you know ... with the Atlantic Ocean ...

You have failed to document anything except you are a science invalid parroting moron who cannot explain how two continents close to each other did the exact opposite, one froze while the other thawed, but you can spew a lot of parroted crap trying to obscure that truth.

Your theory is Co2. How did the SAME AMOUNT of ATMOSPHERIC Co2 melt NA and freeze Greenland AT THE SAME TIME....

I'm the mainstream science guy around here.

LOL...

"mainstream science guy" =

Trending: Parrot may be called to testify in murder trial - CityNews ...

And you are not.

LOL!!!

To a PARROT, everyone is a PARROT, since PARROTING is ALL a PARROT "knows."

Find my "source..."

LOL!!!

Hint - Chris Wray knows who my "source" is....

Science is about TRUTH, not PARROTING.

Finding TRUTH requires THINKING and ASKING QUESTIONS....

You still cannot answer my questions....

LOL!!!

To a PARROT, everyone is a PARROT, since PARROTING is ALL a PARROT "knows."

Find my "source..."

LOL!!!

Hint - Chris Wray knows who my "source" is....

Science is about TRUTH, not PARROTING.

Finding TRUTH requires THINKING and ASKING QUESTIONS....

Kinda harsh on parrots don't you think? ... I've never owned one but I have owned budges and parrotlets ... they are not as stupid as Chick ...

Kinda harsh on parrots don't you think? ... I've never owned one but I have owned budges and parrotlets ... they are not as stupid as Chick ...
Were you ever going to explain how you concluded I rejected the idea of Milankovitch forcing?

No one can separate your "questions" from your butthurt rambling, so you need to be specific about what your "questions" are.

Ahead of time, I'm going to guess that "You're just making stupid crap up" will be the correct response to the "questions".

I base that on the fact that "You're just making stupid crap up" is the correct answer to 95% of questions from deniers. Their questions usually aren't actually questions. They're big ol' lies phrased as questions.

Co2 at it's current level of approx 415 ppm is so bad, the optimum co2 in a commercial greenhouse is 1,500 ppm.

Why?

Most plants evolved in the last 250 million years when co2 levels were around 1,200 ppm. Plants are designed for co2 levels of 1,200 ppm to 1,500 ppm.

New Topics

Forum List

Back