CO town proposing mandatory voting

Me neither although its an interesting proposition. I just think voting is license to bitch. If you don't participate - STFU.

So if there's no one on the ballot you feel is worthy of your vote, you don't get to complain?

Not voting is as much of a statement as voting is. You're saying you don't endorse the system or the horrible choices put forth.

Me neither although its an interesting proposition. I just think voting is license to bitch. If you don't participate - STFU.

perhaps NOT voting is a persons' way of expressing his/her political beliefs.

seems to me that freedom of speech means that a person has a right to NOT vote AND to complain...

Oy vey, some of the shit you hear coming out of colorado is unbelievable.

Forced voting. First off, do you really want people that don't care voting in elections because they are forced to.

Forced voting. First off, do you really want people that don't care voting in elections because they are forced to.

Some countries understand it as your duty to vote. For example: Australia.

Well we value liberty here in the U.S. There is no duty to vote, only the individual choice to do so.

Yeah, it could be like that group who campaigns to "vote for the worst" on American Idol.

Well we value liberty here in the U.S. There is no duty to vote, only the individual choice to do so.

I understand. I like I don't need to vote when I'm disappointed from politics.

I must say, I do find it uncomfortable that there is compulsory voting in Australia. I am not a citizen here so don't vote. I probably won't become one either unless the country really starts going to the dogs.

You get fined $50 per election if you don't vote. Some people are more than happy to pay the price. The original logic behind the compulsory voting was to force people to become involved in their democracy (I know, irony abounds). However, you don't have to vote for anybody. You can just put a line through your ballot. In saying that, Australia has one of the most complicated, but fair, voting systems in the world...

Voting is a privilege granted to registered voters. It is not required to vote. Colorado is full of shit.

All I really have to do is be white and die!

YOu really want people that don't care to vote based on eeny meanie miney mo, which I'm sure they would do

Forum List

Back