CO Highway Patrol declares war on text-drivers: "Get your head out of your app"

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This will help but they really should be more strident. Something like " Texting drivers are psychopaths with no concern for the safety of others". Let's stop coddling these killers and maimers.

Get your head out of your apps says state patrol

march 20 2015
KUSA - The Colorado State Patrol is starting a new distracted driving campaign encouraging drivers to stay off their phones while driving.

Starting Friday, drivers will see the message "Get your head out of your app" on variable message boards across the state.

The law says that any driver under the age of 18 is prohibited from using a phone while driving. All drivers are prohibited from texting while driving.

Last edited:
This will help but they really should be more strident. Something like " Texting drivers are psychopaths with no concern for the safety of others". Let's stop coddling these killers and maimers.

QUOTE]

Get your head out of your apps says state patrol

march 20 2015
KUSA - The Colorado State Patrol is starting a new distracted driving campaign encouraging drivers to stay off their phones while driving.

Starting Friday, drivers will see the message "Get your head out of your app" on variable message boards across the state.

The law says that any driver under the age of 18 is prohibited from using a phone while driving. All drivers are prohibited from texting while driving.

AGREE....

People need to upgrade their phones.
Talk to text is the shit!
If you have to touch that phone for any reason, then at that point you were distracted.

If that phone was mounted in a mount on the dash once enter the vehicle, and you could set the talk function on the device before moving or driving the vehicle off, and this so it would be hands free from that point forward then that might be OK. All functions should be talk/voice activated, and totally hands free in this mode, including answering the phone or making a call out.

If a person has to pick their phone up to use it, then they are distracted if even for a millisecond, because that is all that it takes to get in an accident or worse to cause one that kills someone because of the idiocy.

Touch screen phones in vehicles are a complete disaster if trying to use one in a vehicle not in hands free mode. Talk about a distraction I mean WOW!

I have friends who are truck drivers, and they say that they see people holding their phones in their hands all the time while driving, and worse actually texting while driving. Even though laws have been put in place to stop it. They (many) still do it according to these friends who can see down into these vehicles when driving along. If the police want to catch them, then they need a high lift pick up truck that is unmarked in order to ride up along side of them, then they can see what is going on with all of this mess.

My mom was hit in the rear of her vehicle by a young man who was texting while she was stopped behind a school bus letting off the children. It totaled her vehicle out. I'm against texting and driving, but it appears that corporations have won out for quite sometime on the matter, because look how long it has taken to address the problem, and you know why that is don't you ? It's because no one wants to be the one that appears to be the one standing in the way of progress, and corporations who make this stuff have since set them selves up as the super cool and hip creators of today as found in the young folks minds, and you know who is backing up the young folks that are spoiled with this stuff don't you ? It is their parents who want to give them everything these days, and even if it gets them killed they would have still done it for them, because they wanted them to have the newest and the best in order to keep up with everyone else. The corps love it all, because they are counting their fortunes all the way to the bank, and no matter how much blood gets on their hands, they just keep on counting and counting.

Last edited:
People need to upgrade their phones.
Talk to text is the shit!
If you have to touch that phone for any reason, then at that point you were distracted.

If that phone was mounted in a mount on the dash once enter the vehicle, and you could set the talk function on the device before moving or driving the vehicle off, and this so it would be hands free from that point forward then that might be OK. All functions should be talk/voice activated, and totally hands free in this mode, including answering the phone or making a call out.

If a person has to pick their phone up to use it, then they are distracted if even for a millisecond, because that is all that it takes to get in an accident or worse to cause one that kills someone because of the idiocy.

Touch screen phones in vehicles are a complete disaster if trying to use one in a vehicle not in hands free mode. Talk about a distraction I mean WOW!

Thats the neat thing about modern phones. You can use voice commands to access talk to text.

The auto industry loves distracted drivers. Car crashes mean car sales.

[
Do you talk to people in your vehicle while driving? Because I dont see the difference between talking to your phone or talking to a person.

Hey einstein. How do you legislate against drivers talking to passengers.?

Text-driving is worse than drunk driving. The DUI can say "i didn't know i was drunk" and sometimes that's true. But the text-driver knows exactly what she is doing. And yes - i mean she. Nearly all text drivers are females.

[
Do you talk to people in your vehicle while driving? Because I dont see the difference between talking to your phone or talking to a person.

Hey einstein. How do you legislate against drivers talking to passengers.?

How do you legislate against people talking to a phone?
I can text without touching my phone so whats the difference?

Auto industry is simply giving people what they want...... I know lets outlaw cell phones

They're giving SOME people what they want. Just like some people think hand grenades should be legal. Most people hate text-drivers. THINK

How much distracted driving do cops do
Whats your point, because who ever is guilty is guilty, and this be it the cops or anyone else out there. Most police precincts have their in house rules also, and if the cops are in violation of the rules then they are wrote up and even fired maybe. Hating on the cops are we ? Someone has to enforce the laws, even if we have flaws in that area of life also. Hopefully they are under as much scrutiny that anyone else is, and if they violate the law, then they should get the same as anyone that they are charged with watching over and protecting also.

Right only you think...........police drive distracted far more than the avg person does. People whine about policing for profit and then support policing for profit

Forum List

Back