CO Governor Signs Law Banning State-Supported Colleges From Considering Legacies In Admissions

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is a fantastic law. I wish it was nationwide.

Just because someone a person is related to went to a school should never mean that everyone in their family gets automatic acceptance.

It's not fair and should have never happened.

Congratulations to Colorado. I hope the rest of the nation follows your lead.

I don't have a problem with it being a consideration. It shouldn't make it a sure thing but I see no problem with it being one box of many.

I don't have a problem with it being a consideration. It shouldn't make it a sure thing but I see no problem with it being one box of many.

I don't think it has anything to do with a person's intelligence and ability to do the work well.

What one family member does isn't what another one will do.

Just because someone has a family member who went to the college should never guarantee the person is automatically accepted as a student at the college.

It should exclusively be based on what the applicant has done. Not what their family member did.

Good. Far too many colleges get big dollars for buildings and other campus reforms from alumni.

Just because someone a person is related to went to a school should never mean that everyone in their family gets automatic acceptance.

Texas has had this for years.

Colorado is slow on the uptake.

It would certainly hurt schools like Yale, when their agents are seeking donations from well to do alumni.

Paying respect to those who write big checks is a valuable tool for the schools.

I don't think it has anything to do with a person's intelligence and ability to do the work well.

What one family member does isn't what another one will do.

Just because someone has a family member who went to the college should never guarantee the person is automatically accepted as a student at the college.

It should exclusively be based on what the applicant has done. Not what their family member did.

I said nothing about guarantee.

It would certainly hurt schools like Yale, when their agents are seeking donations from well to do alumni.

Paying respect to those who write big checks is a valuable tool for the schools.
In the case of Colorado, the law applies to state supported institutions, not private.

Yeah colleges should financially rape everyone

Forum List

Back