CNN’s Tapper Confronts Treasury Secretary: Isn’t Biden’s Spending Plan ‘Pouring Gas on the Inflation Fire?’

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I spent over $200.00 today shopping for groceries. Putting it away at home, I just couldn't believe how little I actually got for that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...lowing-wilson-injury/ar-AAPUcqe?ocid=msedgntp
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...against-crown-prince/ar-AAPUsZy?ocid=msedgntp
1635132636552.png

CNN’s Jake Tapper questioned Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen about the possibility that the Biden administration’s spending endeavors will drive up inflation.

Yellen joined Tapper on Sunday for CNN’s State of the Union, where their back-and-forth turned to the $5 trillion President Joe Biden is looking to spend with his infrastructure and Build Back Better package

I spent over $200.00 today shopping for groceries. Putting it away at home, I just couldn't believe how little I actually got for that.

Wait'll the debt $pending kicks into overdrive! A short ways up the road it'll cost you $200.00 for a three pack of rubbers, a bottle of Anne Green Springs rot gut wine & two cans of Vienna Sausage for you & your dates dinner. If you & your date ride bicycles to the local bus stop you can save a fortune in gas savings! The fancier all glass bus stop covers may seem plain Jane compared to the now defunct 5 star restaurants of the pre C-19 virus era, but a couple cans of Vienna sausages, music from the ole smart phone turns an ordinary bus stop shelter into a top end restaurant instantly and you don't need to leave a tip!!! It's called the "Venezuela Night Out On The Town"!

No, inflation would be helped by it. I never seen bare shelves, only on Fox Cable news. The more people that have money makes the world go around, in this case its the US.

Her answer was correct: It's spread out over years, so the paranoia is overstated.

She also pointed out that inflation figures are becoming more favorable as supply chains slowly catch up to demand.

It could also be correctly stated that slack remains in our system in the form of spending power.

This is only complicated for those who are going through life with only one eye open.

Her answer was correct: It's spread out over years, so the paranoia is overstated.

She also pointed out that inflation figures are becoming more favorable as supply chains slowly catch up to demand.

It could also be correctly stated that slack remains in our system in the form of spending power.

This is only complicated for those who are going through life with only one eye open.
Plus, the $3.5 Trillion of new spending costs nothing!!!

CNN has told Tapper to become like the Chris Wallace of FOX, as a last ditch effort to save the network’s image as a Leftwing propaganda outfit. But to do that, they need to fire a whole bunch of people to get there, starting with Lemon and Cuomo

No, inflation would be helped by it. I never seen bare shelves, only on Fox Cable news. The more people that have money makes the world go around, in this case its the US.
1) you should get out more....they are bare
2) hahah yeah...pouring more money will help inflation....grow at a much larger rate...that's the problem

How does spending more money and increasing our debt improve inflation?

Only on Fox news huh?

I can keep posting original sources other than Fox news if you want.

How does spending more money and increasing our debt improve inflation?

Only on Fox news huh?

I can keep posting original sources other than Fox news if you want.
Easy the more money everybody has the less inflation there is. As long as there is Supply there will be Consumption if all the people have money. Same thing during the pandemic, the gov't kept money flowing by handing out money helping individuals and business.

The container ships is another story, I'm sure there will be truck drivers in no time.

Last edited:
Inflation would be helped by it? How are you defining helping inflation--forcing the prices up higher which is going to harm the elderly and the poor the most?

Forum List

Back