CNN: Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) exempts staff from Obamacare

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
"Regulations for thee, but not for me."

I guess the President isn't the only one unilaterally changing Acts of Congress. If he can do it, why shouldn't others do it too?

We elected these people. We get the government we deserve.

---------------------------------------

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare exchanges - CNN.com

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare exchanges

by Chris Frates, CNN Investigative Correspondent
updated 10:19 AM EST, Wed December 4, 2013

Washington (CNN) -- Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, one of Obamacare's architects and staunchest supporters, is also the only top congressional leader to exempt some of his staff from having to buy insurance through the law's new exchanges.

Reid is the exception among the other top congressional leaders. GOP House Speaker John Boehner, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell have all directed their staffs to join the exchange, their aides said.

The CNN: Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) exempts staff from Obamacare is misleading, of course, as all of Congress, including Harry's staff, is compliant with the law.

the real issue here is that congress and their staffs will be receiving a larger subsidy from US so that they will not feel the financial impact of the higher cost of obamacare in their paychecks.

So, once again the lawmakers pass laws that make them exempt from the impact of a law that will have financial impacts on the rest of us.

I think the word is corruption.

"exempt from the impact of a law" is not breaking the law, son.

Negative impact? I have no negative impact, and millions of Americans don't.

The GOP added the amendment which requires congressional staffers to use ObamaCare exchanges.

And yet dingbats on this forum said the ACA was passed with no GOP input! :lol:

Positively schizophrenic.

Anyway, the whole point of making staffers use ObamaCare was so they could experience the pains and pitfalls of using the system which they want their fellow Americans to use. The employer subsidy problem was an unintended consequence.

The bigger point is that they should have to use the same PPOs and insurance payment schemes they are forcing everyone else to use.

I have no problem with them continuing to receive subsidies from their employers. That's how most Americans get their insurance. Employer subsidies. Once again, Republicans are being schizophrenic. For the past few weeks, they have been falsely screaming that 80 million Americans are going to lose their employer subisidies.

Last edited:
"exempt from the impact of a law" is not breaking the law, son.

Negative impact? I have no negative impact, and millions of Americans don't.

No, technically it is not breaking the law, but it still stinks. Why should congress have its insurance subsidy increased to offset the obamacare increases?

You have no impact, great. I don't either because I am on medicare and pay for a medicare advantage plan. But the vast majority of americans will see their insurance costs go up, and will be financially hurt by this foolish law.

The GOP added the amendment which requires congressional staffers to use ObamaCare exchanges.

And yet dingbats on this forum said the ACA was passed with no GOP input! :lol:

Positively schizophrenic.

Anyway, the whole point of making staffers use ObamaCare was so they could experience the pains and pitfalls of using the system which they want their fellow Americans to use. The employer subsidy problem was an unintended consequence.

The bigger point is that they should have to use the same PPOs and insurance payment schemes they are forcing everyone else to use.

I have no problem with them continuing to receive subsidies from their employers. That's how most Americans get their insurance. Employer subsidies. Once again, Republicans are being schizophrenic. For the past few weeks, they have been falsely screaming that 80 million Americans are going to lose their employer subisidies.

which other group of employed americans will have their employer subsidies increased to offset the higher cost?

the 80 million is probably low, employers will be faced with either much higher premiums, or paying the fines------the fines will cost less. employed people will be sent to the exchanges and will either pay the higher costs or be uninsured.

New Topics

Forum List

Back