CNN says Trump will win popular vote

How? The margin has only increased since yesterday.

Well the margin I keep seeing is around 300k votes. That's really a small amount given each candidate was pushing 60 million total. The reason it's taking so long is because California takes about a week to tabulate all their votes.

There is a very good and legitimate reason we don't do presidential elections by popular vote. It is because, if we did that, presidential politics would simply be based around what large population centers wanted and the rest of the country could go screw themselves. Candidates wouldn't give two shits what someone in Kansas or Nebraska wanted... as long as they were making the people in Los Angeles and New York happy, that's all that would matter to them.

It's fascinating to me that Democrats (the party of the people) argue against a system that protects the individual over the collectivism of the majority. We have a republic because it protects the interests of the individual better than a democracy. Now, I don't suppose you'd support a popular vote on transsexuals in bathrooms or gay marriage rights... or abortion on demand.... No, no, no... the tyranny of the majority cannot prevail there! You like our system when it protects the individual rights YOU support.... but you reject it when it results in outcomes you don't like.

It's more than just that. If you have a majority rule government, or in other word, a mob rule, then there is no need for a constitution or a Supreme Court. The country is simply run by referendum.

Minorities and the LGBT would be shit out of luck.

Do these people ever even think before opening their mouths?

Actually, minorities and LGBT would've received voting rights/marriage rights far sooner than they did. Both polled over 50% long before the SCOTUS opinions that changed the law.

Regardless, the question wasn't about representative democracy in general, but the electoral college in particular.

yes he will when all is said and done

--LOL

Over 99% of the vote is counted. In several hours she has risen in her lead back from when only 90% of the vote was counted.

Somehow that less than 1% would need to overwhelming go to Trump to make the difference, which is just wishful thinking.

yes he will when all is said and done

--LOL

Over 99% of the vote is counted. In several hours she has risen in her lead back from when only 90% of the vote was counted.

Somehow that less than 1% would need to overwhelming go to Trump to make the difference, which is just wishful thinking.

yeah we will see

your past projections didnt turn out so well

--LOL

yeah we will see
your past projections didnt turn out so well

--LOL

My past projections did not account for an undercover (pussy) Trump vote.

Now we actually have a good idea about what is going on that is not the polls. Wishful thinking on your part.[/QUOTE]

How? The margin has only increased since yesterday.

Well the margin I keep seeing is around 300k votes. That's really a small amount given each candidate was pushing 60 million total. The reason it's taking so long is because California takes about a week to tabulate all their votes.

There is a very good and legitimate reason we don't do presidential elections by popular vote. It is because, if we did that, presidential politics would simply be based around what large population centers wanted and the rest of the country could go screw themselves. Candidates wouldn't give two shits what someone in Kansas or Nebraska wanted... as long as they were making the people in Los Angeles and New York happy, that's all that would matter to them.

It's fascinating to me that Democrats (the party of the people) argue against a system that protects the individual over the collectivism of the majority. We have a republic because it protects the interests of the individual better than a democracy. Now, I don't suppose you'd support a popular vote on transsexuals in bathrooms or gay marriage rights... or abortion on demand.... No, no, no... the tyranny of the majority cannot prevail there! You like our system when it protects the individual rights YOU support.... but you reject it when it results in outcomes you don't like.

Democracy is the rule of the mob. If you are a member of the mob it is great. However, if you are the one being lynched then it pretty much sucks.

Democracy is the rule of the mob. If you are a member of the mob it is great. However, if you are the one being lynched then it pretty much sucks.

Would you cultists be saying the same thing if demigod Donald lost the electoral college, but won the popular vote?

Plot Twist: CNN Now Saying That Donald Trump Will Win The Popular Vote

LMAO! Talk about a COMPLETE repudiation of democrap policies,their candidate,their party,their everything! WOW!
If the popular vote meant as much as the libtards claim, they would have done much better in governors, legislators and senators. They didn't. It was a massive victory for the people with intelligence.

at the state level the dems did really really shitty again

they have all but been vanquished

Would you cultists be saying the same thing if demigod Donald lost the electoral college, but won the popular vote?

I didn't vote for Trump so you can take your partisan pig cultist bullshit and shove it.

The popular vote doesn't decide the President in the US. It is the vote of the Electoral College. Go read the Constitution. It is in there. While you are there trying reading the Bill of Rights. You Moon Bats are always confused about the 1st and 2nd.

LMAO! Talk about a COMPLETE repudiation of democrap policies,their candidate,their party,their everything! WOW!

Complete repudiation?

I guess you missed that Democrats gained seats in both the Senate and the House.
I guess you missed the Repubs hold the White House...the house and the senate....and soon will lock up the SCOTUS for the next quarter century. You might as well shoot yourself.

Complete repudiation?

I guess you missed that Democrats gained seats in both the Senate and the House.
I guess you missed the Repubs hold the White House...the house and the senate....and soon will lock up the SCOTUS for the next quarter century. You might as well shoot yourself.

Are you illiterate?

Complete repudiation?

Are you illiterate?
Pointing out to Lebron James that you have a two inch dick gets you nowhere.

BCD88945-2846-42F5-8461-AD6774E2C272_zpsp1yrodkt.jpg

Forum List

Back