CNN: Pelosi Process "Beyond Sleazy"

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
CNN's John Cafferty - hardly a conservative, blasts Nancy Pelosis intent to pass the healthcare bill without actually voting on it - a process Cafferty describes as "Beyond sleazy"...

___

Should Pelosi be allowed to push health care through House without a vote?

Posted: 05:00 PM ET
FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Should Pelosi be allowed to push health care through House without a vote?
Posted: 05:00 PM ET
FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Just when you think you've seen it all in Washington... along comes something like this:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may call for a vote on a rule that would simply 'deem' the Senate health care bill passed.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may try to pass the controversial health care reform bill without making members vote on it. Unbelievable.

Pelosi says she might use a procedural tactic where the House will vote on the package of fixes to the Senate bill... and then that vote would signify that lawmakers "deem" the health care bill to be passed.

Politically speaking, this is beyond sleazy. It's meant to protect Democrats - especially those up for re-election in November - from having to make a tough vote. Pelosi says of this process, "I like it... because people don't have to vote on the Senate bill." In Nancy Pelosi's world, accountability is a dirty word.

Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Should Pelosi be allowed to push health care through House without a vote? - Blogs from CNN.com

Yea when CNN (Communist News Network) is calling their fellow Democrats out,you know things are pretty bad. Pelosi & Reid gotta go. Nuff said.

I wonder if the Democrats are playing a game of slight of hand with this talk of "deeming a bill has passed". Everybody knows this is bullshit and even Pelosi does too. It's unconstitutional and all the democrats know it. Is this really a distraction for the public while they're up to something else? Look what happened today with Dennis Kucinich announcing he will vote for the health care bill. This talk of "deeming" was just a way to get us talking about them doing something unconstitutional so that we don't bother contacting our CongressAssholes anymore.

I don't know who this John Cafferty is, but when CNN appears to be against the liberal democrat agenda, something's up folks.

Last edited:
Yea when CNN (Communist News Network) is calling their fellow Democrats out,you know things are pretty bad. Pelosi & Reid gotta go. Nuff said.

Pretty bad??? PRETTY BAD??? In order for CNN to run that on air, the shit is about to hit the fan and they want to make sure they are on the back side of said fan.....

I dont trust the motives of Anyone who bought the lies to war.

Hes NOT CNN by the way , he is NOT a reporter

I wonder if the Democrats are playing a game of slight of hand with this talk of "deeming a bill has passed". Everybody knows this is bullshit and even Pelosi does too. It's unconstitutional and all the democrats know it. Is this really a distraction for the public while they're up to something else? Look what happened today with Dennis Kucinich announcing he will vote for the health care bill. This talk of "deeming" was just a way to get us talking about them doing something unconstitutional so that we don't bother contacting our CongressAssholes anymore.

I don't know who this John Cafferty is, but when CNN appears to be against the liberal democrat agenda, something's up folks.

AG, it's completely constitutional and legal...that's what makes it even worse. It CAN happen and there's not much that can be done to stop it. They DO however have to vote to allow the process to be used. So, that vote would technically be the vote to pass the bill. If the process is allowed, then those who voted in favor of using the DEEM AND PASS process are the culprits. They know this...so, it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Regardless, the phone calls SHOULD continue as a reminder to them that we're not gonna take this lying down and we know who controls the polls. Life after healthcare for the democrats depends on how they vote.

I've called already this morning.

Chicken S**t housemembers are too afraid to vote on something deemed as toxic as healthcare. But they are all gung ho about going to war in Iraq!!

Come to think about it, when will the Democrats end the Iraq war? They ran on that platform too. Chicken s**t! Democratic representatives.

If they were conservatives, they would have ran this down our throats last year--and bragged about it!!

Well... it's not sleazy...

It's fraud, deceit and THEFT... It's intellectual DISHONESTY... it is a LIE.

And it's pretty much what one expects from an ideology which overtly rejects sound, sustainable moral principle...

The truth is; they're going to pass this and they're going to use whatever means they feel is necessary to do so.

And they're doing so on the premise that there's nothing that anyone can do to stop them; and there's no one or nothing which can hold them accountable for doing so.

And THAT premise rests upon THEIR BELIEF that THEY ARE SITTING AS THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY...

Big mistake...

But hey... That's evil for ya.

See ya in court; where we'll block the legislation; and again in November when we kick your collective asses to the political curb.

Enjoy the lesson girls... Immutable principle; can be a real BITCH!

The republicans used it too but then it was OK with you huh?

Show me one time it was used to pass a bill as massive as healthcare reform and I will consider your comment as valid.

Clearly you don't think before you post.

EVERY news source has reported that DEEM AND PASS has NEVER been used on a bill of this magnitude. What news have you been watching? Rachel Madcow?

New Topics

Forum List

Back