CNN/ORC Poll: Dems>GOP, Obama~Boehner

ladyliberal

Progressive Princess
Aug 5, 2011
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/09/27/rel16c.pdf

The newest poll numbers put the Democratic Party's fav/unfav at 44/48 to the Republican Party's 39/54. Boehner, on the other hand, at 37/39, is fairly comparable to recent numbers for Barack Obama (Poll: Obama's Favorability Rating Upside-Down for First Time - Hotline On Call).

At a glance, these numbers look quite bad for incumbents, but encouraging overall for Congressional Democrats in 2012. Republicans aren't going to get much from either the GOP or Tea Party brand this time around.

Last edited:

The newest poll numbers put the Democratic Party's fav/unfav at 44/48 to the Republican Party's 39/54. Boehner, on the other hand, at 37/39, is fairly comparable to recent numbers for Barack Obama (Poll: Obama's Favorability Rating Upside-Down for First Time - Hotline On Call).

At a glance, these numbers look quite bad for incumbents, but encouraging overall for Congressional Democrats in 2012. Republicans aren't going to get much from either the GOP or Tea Party brand this time around.

I watched an interview with a GOP strategist last night discussing this very thing. Boehner has fallen out of favor with centrist GOP voters and currently only resonates with the far right Tea Party wing. As a whole, this strategist believed Cain won the straw poll in FL as a way of telling the GOP, "we want another option". The current candidates in the lead cater to the Tea Party and Boehner and Cantor are willing to send our economy over the cliff just to prove a point (to the Tea Party). The centrist GOP voters want people in office who will actually do something POSITIVE for the country. Not shut it down.

What's a CNN?

Here's your sign....

morans.jpg

I watched an interview with a GOP strategist last night discussing this very thing. Boehner has fallen out of favor with centrist GOP voters and currently only resonates with the far right Tea Party wing.....
Bullshit he does.

In the view of the TP folx I know of IRL, Mr. Iwannabe George Hamilton is the avatar for everything that is wrong with the District of Criminals in general and the GOP in particular.

This raises the question: What's in it for a media flack dressed up as a "GOP strategist" to tell such a BS story?

I watched an interview with a GOP strategist last night discussing this very thing. Boehner has fallen out of favor with centrist GOP voters and currently only resonates with the far right Tea Party wing. As a whole, this strategist believed Cain won the straw poll in FL as a way of telling the GOP, "we want another option". The current candidates in the lead cater to the Tea Party and Boehner and Cantor are willing to send our economy over the cliff just to prove a point (to the Tea Party). The centrist GOP voters want people in office who will actually do something POSITIVE for the country. Not shut it down.

Absolutely. :clap2:

That's funny. Various media sources had led me to believe that the Tea Party was angry at Boehner.

As a more moderate Republican I am greatly impressed by Boehner and how he handles the pressures from all sides, especially how he handles Obama's brattiness.

I think the thing that's hurting the GOP/Tea Party is their protectionist attitude towards the wealthy and corporations. As every poll I've seen shows, Main Street America seems to be wondering why the GOP has made no movement in doing something positive for them. Main Street America has suffered the brunt of the recession and they are fully aware that the wealthy and corporations are doing just great.
Yet, every time there's a stalemate in Washington, it's because of the GOP/Tea Party wanting to make cuts in programs that help Main Street America or wanting to protect those with Big Money.
It's not class envy, it's class injustice in the minds of Main Street America.
The far right that now dominates the GOP/Tea Party draws a line in the sand and refuses to budge (which at times can be an admirable characteristic). The Democrats are wimps and give in, which isn't often isn't a strong characteristic. But it seems to translate to many people as compromise. A large majority of American people want compromise in Washington. Who'd ever think that being wimpish would be a winning move?

Last edited:
I think the thing that's hurting the GOP/Tea Party is their protectionist attitude towards the wealthy and corporations. As every poll I've seen shows, Main Street America seems to be wondering why the GOP has made no movement in doing something positive for them. Main Street America has suffered the brunt of the recession and they are fully aware that the wealthy and corporations are doing just great.
Yet, every time there's a stalemate in Washington, it's because of the GOP/Tea Party wanting to make cuts in programs that help Main Street America or wanting to protect those with Big Money.
It's not class envy, it's class injustice in the minds of Main Street America.
The far right that now dominates the GOP/Tea Party draws a line in the sand and refuses to budge (which at times can be an admirable characteristic). The Democrats are wimps and give in, which isn't often isn't a strong characteristic. But it seems to translate to many people as compromise. A large majority of American people want compromise in Washington. Who'd ever think that being wimpish would be a winning move?

The GOP's latest attempt to shut down our government over disaster aid (for Main Street America) through FEMA is a prime example of what you are saying here.

What's a CNN?

Here's your sign....

morans.jpg

Ah fraud, what would you fascists be without it?

{The street theater action was committed on April 4th in near blizzard
conditions when 20 "fanatical pro-war" supporters occupied the opposite side of the downtown street to rally in support of the war and oppose of the peace activists who gather every Friday for the weekly peace vigils.

The 20 "pro-war" supporters dressed in suits, waved American Flags, chanted slogans in fierce support of war, death, and killing. Rush hour traffic drove by and honked in approval to the flags and signs that read: "Freedom Is The Enemy", "Get A Brain Morans", "Iraq Out Of Iraq", "Draft My Child", "Send Our Infants", "Soccer Moms For Blood", "War Is Peace", "I'm Pro Life And Pro Death", "Stop Reporting The Facts", "Peace Is For Pussies", "Bush Is The Savior", "This Is No Time For Thinking", "Pro Bush Lesbian", and "Ask Me About My Baby Killing Honor Student" among other slogans.}

http://24ahead.com/blog/archives/000472.html

What's a CNN?

Here's your sign....

morans.jpg

Ah fraud, what would you fascists be without it?

{The street theater action was committed on April 4th in near blizzard
conditions
when 20 "fanatical pro-war" supporters occupied the opposite side of the downtown street to rally in support of the war and oppose of the peace activists who gather every Friday for the weekly peace vigils.

The 20 "pro-war" supporters dressed in suits, waved American Flags, chanted slogans in fierce support of war, death, and killing. Rush hour traffic drove by and honked in approval to the flags and signs that read: "Freedom Is The Enemy", "Get A Brain Morans", "Iraq Out Of Iraq", "Draft My Child", "Send Our Infants", "Soccer Moms For Blood", "War Is Peace", "I'm Pro Life And Pro Death", "Stop Reporting The Facts", "Peace Is For Pussies", "Bush Is The Savior", "This Is No Time For Thinking", "Pro Bush Lesbian", and "Ask Me About My Baby Killing Honor Student" among other slogans.}

http://24ahead.com/blog/archives/000472.html

Yeah, it really looks like "blizzard conditions"!!!!!!

I can just see the poll. They call everyone over age 18 in Manhattan and Los Angeles and ask: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view of the Democratic Party, the party that is working for free benefits for you and against millionaires and billionaires? And, "Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view of Sarah Palin's GOP, the party that wants you to die if you get sick?"

"Get A Brain Morans", "Iraq Out Of Iraq", "Draft My Child", "Send Our Infants", "Soccer Moms For Blood"

WUZ TU REEL....

You fascists are something else...

Standard Disclaimer: Something else as in something other than honest...

Ha! :lol: Nice comeback! And how are the "blizzard conditions" working out for you in the honesty section?

"Get A Brain Morans", "Iraq Out Of Iraq", "Draft My Child", "Send Our Infants", "Soccer Moms For Blood"

WUZ TU REEL....

You fascists are something else...

Standard Disclaimer: Something else as in something other than honest...

Ha! :lol: Nice comeback! And how are the "blizzard conditions" working out for you in the honesty section?

Give him a minute, he's still working on his "something else" comeback....

Borscht Belt Commedians famously retire to Florida, or the audience goes to live there, or something. Their kids go to Spring Break there, or something.

Years ago, Orange Juice was homosexual, according to ads, in Florida. Unlike the Republican Presidential candidates, however, Anita Bryant was actually thought pretty.

Anita Bryant

Now they are not. . .and so in contrast. . . .Nein! Nein! Nein! is still about GOP, even now! It seems to resonate, with some people--even across the sea!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Many young braves waited patiently for President Clinton to leave town: "Go Bill, Go! Get Into A Bronco And Don't Go Slow!" and, "Run Bill, Run! Stay Outside. . . .And Get Some Sun!" Many not disappoiinted With Clinton Administration! Many know Florida Chamber of Commerce stunt when they see one!)

Forum List

Back