CNN, FOX, MSNBC in the morning

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Y5zYReChTtKlHhJEzryZ_watching-news-online.jpg

Some serious kudos to FOX News here.

DirecTV has a neat "News Mix" channel that allows you to see what the various news and weather channels are doing and discussing at any given time. You can flip back and forth on that channel to hear what's happening. This is my preferred news channel, and I watch it every morning. Well, along with the Sports Mix channel, which does the same thing.

The difference in the coverage of stories between CNN/MSNBC and FOX, particularly since the Ukraine war has started, could not be more stark. I would guess that roughly 75% of the morning news on CNN and MSNBC is currently devoted to the war in some way, whether it's about attacks or individual human stories or a general providing strategic analysis and predictions. Global stuff.

FOX? No. In a typical morning, it may spend about 5% of its time and attention on the war at the top of the hour. What does it do after that? It jumps right into the news stories its viewership is interested in, and most of the time it (a) focuses on the cultural issues that gets its base fired up, such as race, CRT, BLM, sexual issues in education, the border and inflation, and (b) includes a pretty strong dose of partisanship, where the hosts and guests are pointing the finger at Biden and/or the Democrats.

Here's the deal, though. Outside of the blatantly (to the point of sometimes being comical) partisan slant that is put on virtually every news story, the stories they cover are legitimate and defensible. Is inflation not an issue? Is the border not an issue? Is what's being taught to our children not an issue? The problem, of course, is the blatantly one-way approach in which it's presented. But the issues themselves are legitimate.

I wonder if CNN and MSNBC think about that. FOX sure as hell does. And it sure works for them.

At the moment they are live streaming and trying to do commentary on the Pirates of the Caribbean actor suing ex-wife for liable. You don't get kudos for that kind of hard hitting, he said/she said BS.

Shepard Smith has not worked at Fox News for years, how old is your photo there buddy?

David Shepard Smith Jr. is an American broadcast journalist for NBC News and CNBC, where he serves as chief general news anchor and hosts The News with Shepard Smith, a daily evening newscast launched in late September 2020. Wikipedia

Shepard Smith has not worked at Fox News for years, how old is your photo there buddy?

David Shepard Smith Jr. is an American broadcast journalist for NBC News and CNBC, where he serves as chief general news anchor and hosts The News with Shepard Smith, a daily evening newscast launched in late September 2020. Wikipedia
I just grabbed that photo off the internet. It's close (enough) to the format they currently use.

Not only that, but Anderson Cooper is not on at the same times as Shepherd either

Depp trial is just the latest reason not to watch cable news for me.

and not just Fox.

Plane disappeared, 24/7 news.

Girl disappeared/murdered? 24/7 news.

I watch the news, I want a general all round take on ALL the news, not just one story.

DirecTV has a neat "News Mix" channel that allows you to see what the various news and weather channels are doing and discussing at any given time. You can flip back and forth on that channel to hear what's happening. This is my preferred news channel, and I watch it every morning. Well, along with the Sports Mix channel, which does the same thing.

The difference in the coverage of stories between CNN/MSNBC and FOX, particularly since the Ukraine war has started, could not be more stark. I would guess that roughly 75% of the morning news on CNN and MSNBC is currently devoted to the war in some way, whether it's about attacks or individual human stories or a general providing strategic analysis and predictions. Global stuff.

FOX? No. In a typical morning, it may spend about 5% of its time and attention on the war at the top of the hour. What does it do after that? It jumps right into the news stories its viewership is interested in, and most of the time it (a) focuses on the cultural issues that gets its base fired up, such as race, CRT, BLM, sexual issues in education, the border and inflation, and (b) includes a pretty strong dose of partisanship, where the hosts and guests are pointing the finger at Biden and/or the Democrats.

Here's the deal, though. Outside of the blatantly (to the point of sometimes being comical) partisan slant that is put on virtually every news story, the stories they cover are legitimate and defensible. Is inflation not an issue? Is the border not an issue? Is what's being taught to our children not an issue? The problem, of course, is the blatantly one-way approach in which it's presented. But the issues themselves are legitimate.

I wonder if CNN and MSNBC think about that. FOX sure as hell does. And it sure works for them.
Bringing up the Kardashians gets better ratings than Fox News… that must make Kardashians reliable news.

Goal at Fox is to stir up passion, not inform. Everything you listed that Fox covers is bullshit. Cultural issues? They want dumb rednecks to think teachers are teaching them to be gay or hate being white. They are morons.

Fox’s take on immigration and inflation isn’t to inform, it’s to scare and blame.

Yes. My point is the last sentence of my OP. They have a formula and it works for them.

We're beyond traditional ethics and morality right now. Will we get back there? I sure don't know.
I’m not sure either. It’s too easy to flame passions these days.

Who da fk has time to watch news in the morning?? Mac's job must be posting here. Lol

CNN is force feeding a constant barrage of Russia in Ukraine today because they hope to God it will distract people just enough to maybe not think about how fucking broke they are from, very soon to be, 50 year inflation.
They hope people also forget about nation-wide staggering crime rates.
They hope they forget about a border that is crippling southern cities,
They hope they forget that the President of their country literally cannot say a single sentence without misspeaking.

Does Fox News have an agenda? - Is the Pope Catholic?
Does CNN have an agenda? - Is Biden senile?

FOX? No. In a typical morning, it may spend about 5% of its time and attention on the war at the top of the hour. What does it do after that? It jumps right into the news stories its viewership is interested in
That is why more people watch FNC instead of the left-wing pro-war channels.

That is why more people watch FNC instead of the left-wing pro-war channels.

Yep, people care more about Johnny Depp and a war in some country they could not find on a map if they tried.

I think that CNN and MSNBC's issue with that is that they cannot report on things like the economy, the border, crime, etc. with any accuracy, or it will make the ruling Dems look bad. If they report it dishonestly, their more moderate viewers will pick up on the dishonesty.

So, they pretend that Ukraine is the big story that Americans need to focus on.

Obviously another lie from the USMB resident liar. Smith has not been on Fox for over a year

Forum List

Back