CNN DEBATE...anyone else watch it?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Usually there is a thread created before the debate starts, but I don't see one.

I only caught the end of the debate, Paul and Romney, and I have to say...I was very impressed with both of their preformances...especially Ron Paul's.

It was an interesting format, with all the questioners being Republicans and each candidate appearing one at a time and answering a series of questions after making an opening statement.

The debate will be rebroadcast this evening on CNN. :thup:

EDIT - I can't seem to find when it will rebroadcast on CNN...only South Carolina TV.

If someone finds other information on rebroadcast, please post it...thanks.

Last edited:
Usually there is a thread created before the debate starts, but I don't see one.

I only caught the end of the debate, Paul and Romney, and I have to say...I was very impressed with both of their preformances...especially Ron Paul's.

It was an interesting format, with all the questioners being Republicans and each candidate appearing one at a time and answering a series of questions after making an opening statement.

The debate will be rebroadcast this evening on CNN. :thup:

EDIT - I can't seem to find when it will rebroadcast on CNN...only South Carolina TV.

If someone finds other information on rebroadcast, please post it...thanks.

Well--if you liked what you heard--why do you still have a Perry campaign sticker on your thread? You know last local election cycle for me--I had to change my stickers 3 different times to 3 different candidates--because I made the mistake of jumping on one--before hearing the rest.

I would hope that ALL Republicans--tea party members--watch all the debates--and then make a decision. We have got lots and lots of time--no need to select a candidate--before you've even had the opportunity to watch them in a real debate.

I watched it. All the candidates were good.

I couldn't imagine Palin up there answering those legal questions as well as the others.

Questions not asked:
1. How would you fix social security
2. How would you fix medicare
3. How would you balance the Budget in the short term (cutting taxes and expanding the economy is non-persuasive)
4. How would you actually shrink the size and cost of government?

Perry's still my number one choice...but...I'm getting close to being able to pull the lever for Romney in good conscience if he becomes the nominee.

Paul and I have some deep philosophical differences when it comes to foreign policy...but in most other areas, we are simpatico.

I couldn't imagine Palin up there answering those legal questions as well as the others.

Questions not asked:
3. How would you balance the Budget in the short term (cutting taxes and expanding the economy is non-persuasive)

I didn't see it--I thought they were going to video tape it and play it later again. But no go.

Perry's still my number one choice...but...I'm getting close to being able to pull the lever for Romney in good conscience if he becomes the nominee.

Paul and I have some deep philosophical differences when it comes to foreign policy...but in most other areas, we are simpatico.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but I hope to god you don't change your opinion based on debates and what these politicians are saying. The only thing you should ever take away from a debate is how the candidates can think on their feet. The actual substance of what they say is meaningless. They'll sell you the moon if you vote for them.

History and factual records are the only way to vote for a politician, and records show that Perry and Romney will be status quo politicians through and through.

1) Some idiot women spewing 10 second talking points and God over and over... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbpTw-dN1ok]Palmetto Freedom Forum 09/05 - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

2) Same idiot chick but then Cain gets on and starts to make an ass of himself [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej2eYkDWg9k]Palmetto Freedom Forum 09/05 - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

3) Cain

4) Cain and Newt [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1cBJxbiJ-Y]Palmetto Freedom Forum 09/05 - Part 4 - YouTube[/ame]

5) Newt and then Ron Paul towards the end [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkJbSK_x44]Palmetto Freedom Forum 09/05 - Part 5 - YouTube[/ame]

6) Ron Paul [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTlQ3_PKrUk]Palmetto Freedom Forum 09/05 - Part 7 - YouTube[/ame][

7) Mitt, the guy no one really likes but liberals and the Media

Last edited by a moderator:

Questions not asked:

HUH? So what did they ask them? Hardball questions like what is your favorite color?

Sheesh. There is no real journalism any more.

Questions not asked:

HUH? So what did they ask them? Hardball questions like what is your favorite color?

Boxers or Briefs.. Especially Bachmann.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but I hope to god you don't change your opinion based on debates and what these politicians are saying. The only thing you should ever take away from a debate is how the candidates can think on their feet. The actual substance of what they say is meaningless. They'll sell you the moon if you vote for them.

History and factual records are the only way to vote for a politician, and records show that Perry and Romney will be status quo politicians through and through.

It wasn't what Romney said, but what he didn't say.

My biggest problem with Romney is I believe he will say whatever he thinks people want to hear if that's what it takes to get him elected.

But in the debate he passed up opportunities to give the popular response but instead gave well reasoned less popular replies.

Only his final response seemed fake and pander-y.

Last edited:

Questions not asked:

You should watch it, most of it was fucking bad ass... This is the first time questions have been asked with any depth, meaning not "headline politics" for the masses. The debate or whatever it is was not a big "gotcha" reality TV show with hosts that don’t even know the answers to their dumb questions.

There were a lot of abortion questions but meh, that's why I like Ron Paul =D

It wasn't what Romney said, but what he didn't say.

My biggest problem with Romney is I believe he will say whatever he thinks people want to hear if that's what it takes to get him elected.

But in the debate he passed up opportunities to give the popular response but instead gave well reasoned less popular replies.

Only his final response seemed fake and pander-y.

Mitt always seems fake to me... Now he is a Ron Paul wanabe. Watching him 3 years ago compared to today is amazing how much he panders.

New Topics

Forum List

Back