CNN anti-Law Enforcement Bias

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Watching some of the coverage about the LA homeless man shooting I was struck by how CNN's banner on-screen read "LA Police shoot unarmed man." Not something like "LA Police shoot suspect who went for officer's weapon."

CNN's coverage of law enforcement is coloring the debate on law enforcement's use of force. And by misrepresenting things, they're shaping the debate against police.

Watching some of the coverage about the LA homeless man shooting I was struck by how CNN's banner on-screen read "LA Police shoot unarmed man." Not something like "LA Police shoot suspect who went for officer's weapon."

CNN's coverage of law enforcement is coloring the debate on law enforcement's use of force. And by misrepresenting things, they're shaping the debate against police.
There are thousands of reports on law enforcement brutality, use of unnecessary force, murder, rape, stealing, dealing drugs, and lying under oath. Yes, some of the reports my show bias, but what percentage? There are way too many videos and eye witness accounts to say that the majority of the reports show bias. The stories flood my Facebook page daily, from all over the country. It's very difficult to fabricate and create the things we see and hear on the news concerning law enforcement misconduct. If John Q. Public committed the same acts, we'd have to build very large prisons to hold everyone. The truth is, yes, members of law enforcement are guilty of crimes, abuse and misuse of power and authority, and for the most part, get a free pass in our corrupt legal system. Anyone defending them would have to have their heads buried in the sand to not see their obvious guilt and misconduct.

For the most part, members of law enforcement ignore the Constitution, make their own laws, and consider themselves above the law. In my opinion, the facts speak for themselves. CNN may be guilty at times of bias, as almost all news media is guilty of at one time or another, but when looking at the big picture, most all news media has law enforcement pegged right. Members of law enforcement are thugs, murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, and animalistic barbarian social misfits. It takes a low-life POS to wear the uniform. An honest, moral, decent person would never lower themselves to wear the uniform.

How many times have you seen a single lone officer attack someone? In most cases of brutality, murder, and misconduct, we see several officers ganging up on one individual, and usually the individual is already handcuffed and on the ground when the beatings take place. We see handcuffed individuals beaten severely, tased, choked to death, and in some cases, murdered. CNN may show bias in some cases, I have no doubt. But again, what percentage of stories are doctored, fabricated, or show other than facts?

As with media depictions involving Islam, the depictions are decidely one-way - against. Never see CNN devoting a few days coverage to an officer who rescued somebody, nor of a Muslim charity response after a natural disaster. Only time media covers the police is after the use of deadly force. And instead of taking lae enforcement's side unless evidence to the contrary is found, they always take the side of the criminal suspect.

When the coverage is always against, be it law enforcement, Muslims, or whatever else, a bias forms in people's minds who probably aren't even aware of it. And this is how prejudices form.

that is what they do

As with media depictions involving Islam, the depictions are decidely one-way - against. Never see CNN devoting a few days coverage to an officer who rescued somebody, nor of a Muslim charity response after a natural disaster. Only time media covers the police is after the use of deadly force. And instead of taking lae enforcement's side unless evidence to the contrary is found, they always take the side of the criminal suspect.

When the coverage is always against, be it law enforcement, Muslims, or whatever else, a bias forms in people's minds who probably aren't even aware of it. And this is how prejudices form.
Yes, a lot of people never use their own thinking, their own intelligence, and accept what's fed to them by others, which includes the various sources of news. Yes, a lot of people accept as gospel what they see and hear on the news. Yes, bias is obvious, regardless of subject matter or group involved. Bias and some form of prejudice is common everywhere one looks, especially concerning local, national, and world news events. But, some of us are smart enough to separate the wheat from the chaff, look to more than one source, and think before we pass judgment one way or the other. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of sources for news. We all need to make a habit of getting information from several sources before we give merit to stories reported as being the gospel of how things actually happened.

I used to like Don Lemon for being fairly impartial............until he started hanging around Hollywood-types and chugged the kool-aid.

Forum List

Back