CNBC: Republicans have a new plan to repeal Obamacare — and here it is

NightFox

Wildling
Jul 20, 2013
North beyond the Wall
Source: CNBC.COM
Republicans have a new plan to repeal Obamacare — and here it is

Republican lawmakers have a new plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, according to a document obtained by CNBC.

Politico first obtained the document about the health-care bill proposal, which is the latest summary of negotiations between moderate GOP and House Freedom Caucus members.

A Freedom Caucus source told CNBC that the changes to the health bill would secure 20 to 25 votes, and the new bill would get "very close" to 216 votes. Two senior GOP aides told CNBC no vote is scheduled for next week, but a discussion is expected via conference call on Saturday."

MacArthur Amendment to the American Health Care Act - 4/13/17

Insurance Market Provisions
The MacArthur Amendment would:
Maintain the following provisions of the AHCA:
1. Prohibition on denying coverage due to preexisting medical conditions
2. Prohibition on discrimination based on gender
3. Guaranteed issue of coverage to all applicants
4.Guaranteed renewability of coverage
5.Coverage of dependents on parents' plan up to age 26
6.Community Rating Rules, except for limited waivers

Sorry Republicans, I know the douche bags in your party have been promising it for the last 7 years and President Donald Duck promised it on the campaign trail but this is no Obamacare repeal, this is just another government controlled health care scheme that keeps much of the egregious, unconstitutional, liberty destroying BS from Obamacare and adds more egregious, unconstitutional, liberty destroying bullshit.

That is if the Pachyderm Congress Critters can even manage to get this through the House and Senate this time around, which is still a big if, after all they're just as incompetent and full of shit as the Democrats are.

"Oh, I say and I say it again, ya been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok!" -- Malcolm X

You anti-ACA people were told that once enacted in law that the ACA would continue, that it would never be repealed.

I thought keeping all those provisions would either blow the budget or sink the insurers?

I thought keeping all those provisions would either blow the budget or sink the insurers?

What budget? You mean the faux one that's currently running over a half a trillion dollars a year in the red and doesn't even address the gigantic future obligation problems with entitlements? What the heck, if you're going to impoverish future generations might as well do it full tilt..... warp speed captain! spend, borrow, print ! buy votes, screw the dollar!

As far as the insurers go, this just makes their predicament worse, they are still forced to provide coverage to all applicants yet won't even be able to rely on the (weak) individual mandate incentive and risk corridors to mitigate the effects of this idiotic scheme.

Republican lawmakers have a new plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, according to a document obtained by CNBC.

Politico first obtained the document about the health-care bill proposal, which is the latest summary of negotiations between moderate GOP and House Freedom Caucus members.

A Freedom Caucus source told CNBC that the changes to the health bill would secure 20 to 25 votes, and the new bill would get "very close" to 216 votes. Two senior GOP aides told CNBC no vote is scheduled for next week, but a discussion is expected via conference call on Saturday."

Sorry Republicans, I know the douche bags in your party have been promising it for the last 7 years and President Donald Duck promised it on the campaign trail but this is no Obamacare repeal, this is just another government controlled health care scheme that keeps much of the egregious, unconstitutional, liberty destroying BS from Obamacare and adds more egregious, unconstitutional, liberty destroying bullshit.

That is if the Pachyderm Congress Critters can even manage to get this through the House and Senate this time around, which is still a big if, after all they're just as incompetent and full of shit as the Democrats are.

"Oh, I say and I say it again, ya been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok!" -- Malcolm X
Maybe all they really need is drugs, so they can stay up late at night, and tweak the democrat's plan.

What budget? You mean the faux one that's currently running over a half a trillion dollars a year in the red and doesn't even address the gigantic future obligation problems with entitlements? What the heck, if you're going to impoverish future generations might as well do it full tilt..... warp speed captain! spend, borrow, print ! buy votes, screw the dollar!

As far as the insurers go, this just makes their predicament worse, they are still forced to provide coverage to all applicants yet won't even be able to rely on the (weak) individual mandate incentive and risk corridors to mitigate the effects of this idiotic scheme.
Right, so far as I've heard, this only makes the problem of congressional approval worse.
I'm not there, though. They may have something in the works, but where are the improvements.

The devil is in the details, I wouldn't celebrate until we're able to read the Bill itself.

Right, so far as I've heard, this only makes the problem of congressional approval worse.
I'm not there, though. They may have something in the works, but where are the improvements.

"Improvements"? Do you really expect "improvements" from Washington? After all WASHINGTON created the lions share of the problems in the health insurance and provisioning markets in the first place. This whole Obamacare->Trumpcare imbroglio is just an example of politicians attempting to cure the cancer they caused with more cancer.

Do yourself a favor and don't expect any "improvements" to the current mess, just expect that you'll get a bigger mess with a different label stuck on the front of it, that way you won't be disappointed. ;)

It's the same as it is now except states could set up markets where policies don't have to include all the benefits in Obamacare, and if a state opts out of prohibitions on not insuring people with pre-existing conditions, the state has to provide a high risk pool. I'm not sure where that money would come from or if there is any mandate that such high risk insurance would actually be affordable.

I assume it ends the personal mandate too. If so, I don't see how it penalizes, or deinsentivies (-: a guy who is healthy and in his 20s or 30s who chooses to gamble by not buying HC and who then gets cancer, and wants to jump on the bandwagon. He'd still get the benefits of getting in the high risk pool, I guess.

It's not a repeal, but there are some aspects of it that aren't horrible. It's pretty bad when people have HC that they can't afford to use.

"Improvements"? Do you really expect "improvements" from Washington? After all WASHINGTON created the lions share of the problems in the health insurance and provisioning markets in the first place. This whole Obamacare->Trumpcare imbroglio is just an example of politicians attempting to cure the cancer they caused with more cancer.

Do yourself a favor and don't expect any "improvements" to the current mess, just expect that you'll get a bigger mess with a different label stuck on the front of it, that way you won't be disappointed. ;)
What is "provisioning markets?"

Healthcare provisioning, the part of the market that actually PROVIDES healthcare, aka doctors, nurses, hospitals, etc..,

There should be a grandfathering provision for existing medical conditions, but new medical conditions should be covered by voluntary insurance or Medicaid.

Done.

Congress is proposing what it does best.......name changes of existing laws.

Healthcare provisioning, the part of the market that actually PROVIDES healthcare, aka doctors, nurses, hospitals, etc..,
I don't understand what you're saying. It's true that govt essentially determines how much a "medical procedure" or hospital room is worth. Medicare reimbursement rates are used in part to determine how much, for example, Blue Cross will pay your local hospital. Rates, vary greatly from state to state however, You pay much higher costs per procedure on NYC than in Podunk Miss, for example. But it costs more to live in NYC, and govt has not effect upon that. And Blue Cross and private healthcare providers outside the VA are not govt actors.

It's also true that in order to be licensed as a MD or various kinds of nurses one has to meet minimum levels of education training and pass tests. I hope you are not one who wants "open competititon" by people without training and proven competence. Hospitals also have to meet minimum qualifications. But so do lawyers, accountants, fire departments, police, aviation mechanics and even some certification of auto mechanics

There should be a grandfathering provision for existing medical conditions, but new medical conditions should be covered by voluntary insurance or Medicaid.

Unenforceable. Can you imagine that bureaucracy? Hell they can't THIS system straight.

Unenforceable? There already is a provision for preexisting medical conditions. All I am proposing is that, as of a certain date, currently insured people would be able to roll over their coverage into a private plan without penalty. After that date, people would have to voluntarily enroll in an insurance plan or else rely on Medicaid for the indigent.

Forum List

Back