Closing Mosques to Fight Terrorism

I am surprised. The new laws in Egypt----if applied to the USA would not
only close some of the storefront mosques in the slums of my city----(maybe--
they look kinda tiny to me) ---it would close Hospital "chapels"---used by "all"

I ---rosie, the oracle at Delphi----predict that this law will galvanize violence

they look kinda tiny to me) ---it would close Hospital "chapels"---used by "all"

I ---rosie, the oracle at Delphi----predict that this law will galvanize violence

Egypt and Islam are not like the US and christian church or clinics
The right of protected religion is quite different that what americans have.
Mosques are places to gather, they do not hold the same "holy" connotation as a church. Only a few places and shrines are considered sacrosanct, but muslims have been known to violate those places as well throughout history.

Mosques are places to gather, they do not hold the same "holy" connotation as a church. Only a few places and shrines are considered sacrosanct, but muslims have been known to violate those places as well throughout history.

They used mosques to fire at US forces and as ammo depots in Iraq. Nothing is sacred to them. Egypt is doing the right thing. It's called "cleaning house". I envision a similar if not worse treatement should the Islamist regime in Iran fall, inshallah.

uhm......not what I have been told. sorry aris------I have it from muslims that the
building of a mosque or conversion of a building to a mosque---renders the land upon which it sits "MUSLIM LAND FOREVER" Muslims in India went a bit
nuts when hindus reclaimed their temple which was situated under a mosque in
AYODHIYA

Govt is alrdy trying to close hospital chapels.[/QUOTE

Phone doesn't post text and links on this site very well for some reason. know it was a VA hospital

news to me -----got a link?

there was ONE instance in which the government tried to close a chapel in
a VA HOSPITAL? do you know what the reason was? Military
bases have chapels Every hospital in which I have worked had a chapel

One is a start....... Think the issue was all religious symbols had to be removed ........ Case they offended

One is a start....... Think the issue was all religious symbols had to be removed ........ Case they offended

do you have any idea what interest group demanded the removal of
religious symbols from the 'chapel'? I can see their point----chapels
in hospitals are supposed to be for "ALL" Chapels in hospitals
in which I worked were often devoid of specific religious symbols----they
just looked kinda-----churchy-----I know of no religion that REQUIRES
the presence of religious symbols for prayer.

Believe it was a govt edict What is churchy..,,....

com'on now-----it was a choice between statues of jesus hanging off a cross---
and closure. Muslims cannot pray in the presence of such a statue.
My experience does not count that much----at least half of the chapels
in hospitals I saw were in jewish hospitals. -----"churchy" in this context
means---quiet----subdued ------and sometimes even a bit of stained glass on
the window but no "symbols" at all ------muslim docs could use them without any problem and did. Have you no consideration for muslims? JW s don't like
that cross thing either. There is nothing that bothers me----but I am not the issue

I doubt Muslims would pray anywhere a Jew had....

which only goes to show how little you know. Muslims even EAT where jews eat.
Even in the homes of jews.------most can and do. Jews ---strictly speaking---
cannot eat the food of muslims. <<< not kosher. In my town there is a kosher lunch place ---near a muslim enclave. I sometimes end up in it when in the neighborhood.
It is always chock full of women covered in black rags and in the company of
their spawn. -------I try not to stare. Muslim women tend to have vulgar
tongues------you have to know the Arabic vulgarities to appreciate their wit.
(vulgar is just about the only Arabic I know)

Never claimed to know everything..I merely pointed out the effort is in progress and watching the local Somali invaders they aren't satisfied with indeterminent rooms with no symbols. Myself,never used a hospital chapel..

uhm......not what I have been told. sorry aris------I have it from muslims that the
building of a mosque or conversion of a building to a mosque---renders the land upon which it sits "MUSLIM LAND FOREVER" Muslims in India went a bit
AYODHIYA

Muslim, perhas, but what christians consider as holy and inviolable is not how muslim view mosques. Any gathering place where muslim might go to pray can be a mosque. It is not even necessary for muslims to pray at a mosque. It is not a holy sanctuary, there should be no relics or tombs. There should be no images, only a qibla designating the direction of prayer, perhaps a minbar or platform, rugs and qurans. Any room or building can be a mosque.

AYODHIYA

Muslim, perhas, but what christians consider as holy and inviolable is not how muslim view mosques. Any gathering place where muslim might go to pray can be a mosque. It is not even necessary for muslims to pray at a mosque. It is not a holy sanctuary, there should be no relics or tombs. There should be no images, only a qibla designating the direction of prayer, perhaps a minbar or platform, rugs and qurans. Any room or building can be a mosque.

I see no difference between that idea------and Christians gathering anywhere----
like a tent for a "prayer meeting" ------so how are muslims complaining that
their "mosques" have been "destroyed" --------here and there? they were just
nondescript rooms. For some reason all mosques I have seen have a PROMINENT clock -----ie spaces used as mosques. Of all complainers from
religious groups -----muslims seem to CONTRADICT themselves the most----
people DIED in the AYODHIYA fight------the space is called "muslim land"--
because a disgusting pig named "barbur" pissed there. ---uhm ---
****THE BABRI MOSQUE**** << for my fellow posters who are googlers

Forum List

Back