ClosedCaptions Technique of the Day! For your Bitch..

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Floating...

I dont play poker but I understand that Floating in poker is a technique used to bluff the opponent. Basically it allows you to observe what the other party is doing without going all the way in to aggressively.

What I use it for: You girl, wife, S/O says some shit clearly out of pocket, wrong, not usual and your instinct is to correct her. WAIT!!! FLOAT!!

What she really wants is a reaction out of you. To see if you are affected by her bullshit! Shes testing you...She is ALWAYS TESTING YOU.

For Example: My wife was prepping dinner and had to inform me (for no reason) that she wasnt going to include an ingredient thats not NEEDED but it adds to the dish and is the usual way we do it. My first instinct was to say (I even mumbled) wtf...thats not how you do that. But I floated...KNOWING she knew the right thing to do and a forceful hand will have the opposite response.

I choose to say nothing. One because thats a battle not a war and two because I KNEW she knew better. Next time I looked in the kitchen...she was adding the ingredients she supposedly wasnt going to use.

Float.....Have fun

Mine old lady asked questions with the answers embedded.

Good times

-Geaux

I just give the look when that happens. Because when you answer it its impossible to not sound like an asshole since the answer is embedded so ignore it and you'll be an asshole either way.

Or repeat the question back with a look of confusion. :lol:

CC is about 4 months away from a divorce.

Thats what the reaction was in my other thread until people realized that what I said was true. The first reaction of men and women when I say stuff is shock because its not that sticom / Vougue / Oprah advice.

Forum List

Back