Clinton Campaign Says She Misspoke, Did Not Land Under Sniper Fire

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Hillary Clinton’s campaign backed off Monday from a disputed campaign claim, saying Clinton “misspoke” when she said she landed “under sniper fire” during a 1996 trip to war-torn Yugoslavia.

There were reports of snipers in nearby hills, but no known shots were taken at the landing craft or tarmac in Tuzla, Clinton campaign spokesman Howard Wolfson told reporters on a conference call.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...-she-misspoke-did-not-land-under-sniper-fire/

The video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pef5AUt-tic

Trying to look tough and got busted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7313117.stm

From link:
The row over Mrs Clinton's 1996 Bosnia visit follow a speech she made on Iraq last week, in which she described herself and her daughter Chelsea being at some risk as they arrived.

She said: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

The video clip played by CBS on Monday shows Mrs Clinton and Chelsea walking across the tarmac smiling and waving before stopping to shake hands with Bosnia's acting president and meet an eight-year-old girl.

And she claims she "misspoke!" I'm sorry, but that isn't something anyone would accidentally forget or misspeak about. She's a bold-faced liar.

LOL:cuckoo:
Yeah, that's what happened at the family picnic this weekend....I remember dodging napalm and sniper-fire. We were going to have a picnic outside, but instead we headed for our cars.

What a load of crap.

its just a lie..no big deal..not like it would exclude her from public office or anything..no we will just point out a McCain lie call it even and carry on
we have been programed to accept lies through new-speak as spin or misspoke..everyone does it

Wow, she's got some imagination!

It reminds me of the time I had to help a busload of senior citizens from an alien attack. To this day, my 5th grade teacher still doesn't believe that's why I was late.

She "misspoke??" How, how out of touch with reality is she??

Wow, she's got some imagination!

It reminds me of the time I had to help a busload of senior citizens from an alien attack. To this day, my 5th grade teacher still doesn't believe that's why I was late.

She "misspoke??" How, how out of touch with reality is she??

You're not voting for her anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Now... about McCain wanting to stay in Iraq for 100 years.....

you guys are so busy getting caught up in minutia that you miss the big picture.

and it didn't make a difference to you guys when he was. so all in all, i'm not really interested in hearing y'all talk about hillary's or obama's or anyone else's peccadillos really...

unless, of course, you want to talk about john mccain's flip flopping.

Okie dokie. :cuckoo:

And, of course, it's never actually been proven that Bush did lie to start a war. THat's just spin.

Hillary, however, has admitted to lying. Just as she was caught hanging onto documents she said had been lost, but were actually in her closet, just as her husband lied under oath.

They lie because they believe they're entitled, and therefore, above the law and much smarter than the people they claim to wish to represent. They lie because they want power and will do anything to obtain it, and because lying means less than nothing to them. They lie because they have no sense of honor, and care nothing for the people they are lying to.

Now I'll agree that lying is lying, however, If you incinuate that Bush lied for the war, why would Hillary lie about something like this? possibly to get the attention off of Obama? (I'm really not sure). But it sure makes her lose her credibility before possible presidency...

Forum List

Back