Clinton, Boxer Want to Squash Conservative Radio Talk Shows

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barbara Boxer have big plans to rein in conservative radio talk shows, according to Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla.

He said Thursday on John Ziegler's evening radio show on KFI in L.A. that he overheard Clinton, D-N.Y., and Boxer, D-Calif., saying they want legislation to control conservative radio talk shows.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285933,00.html

Oh those crazy liberals. They scream and shout over freedom of speech yet things like this go on? Why doesnt Clinton try to shut down Air America? oh yeah ,she doesnt have to they'll go bankrupt again ......

Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barbara Boxer have big plans to rein in conservative radio talk shows, according to Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla.

He said Thursday on John Ziegler's evening radio show on KFI in L.A. that he overheard Clinton, D-N.Y., and Boxer, D-Calif., saying they want legislation to control conservative radio talk shows.

Oh those crazy liberals. They scream and shout over freedom of speech yet things like this go on? Why doesnt Clinton try to shut down Air America? oh yeah ,she doesnt have to they'll go bankrupt again ......

Hillary, Boxer miffed over Inhofe's radio claim
By Kara Rowlan

THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 23, 2007

A political spat involving talk radio emerged in Congress on the heels of a report this week critical of "conservative dominance" of the industry, whose credibility is being questioned separately.

Sen. James M. Inhofe, Oklahoma Republican, said he overheard two influential senators advocating a "legislative fix" for the influence of "extremist" talk-radio hosts.

Democratic Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York and Barbara Boxer of California deny the conversation took place.

"This was on the elevator from the basement to the second floor of the Capitol to vote," Mr. Inhofe told The Washington Times yesterday. "They were upset about something, they hardly noticed I was even there.

"They were complaining about something they heard on talk radio. They said, 'This is just ridiculous — all these talk-radio shows, they're all for right-wing extremists. There ought to be a legislative fix to this,' " Mr. Inhofe said. "I said to them, 'You girls don't understand. Talk radio is all market-driven and there's no market for your liberal tripe.' "

Mr. Inhofe said the conversation took place about three years ago, but noted that he described it to a Los Angeles radio host yesterday as "the other day."

for complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070623/BUSINESS/106230029/1001

<blockquote>"Talk radio is running America. We have to deal with that problem." - Senator Trent Lott (R-MS)</blockquote>

You're forgetting the views of one of your own. Or are you just conveniently ignoring them?

<blockquote>"Talk radio is running America. We have to deal with that problem." - Senator Trent Lott (R-MS)</blockquote>

You're forgetting the views of one of your own. Or are you just conveniently ignoring them?

I have commented on his comments on the thread addressing Lott's comments. Talk radio stood by him when both sides were attacking him for a non racist comment at an old man birthday party

Libs have been wanting to silence conservatives for many years. Ever since Dead Air Amercia went bankrupt, libs have been trying to bring back the Unfairness Dontrine.

Since libs cannot compete with conservatives on the radio, they have no choice but to silence them

And I thought libs were for free speech

You shouldn't assume all Conservatives hold the same positions, just like I wouldn't assume that you and every Liberal agree on everything.

Where is the proof that Hillary said that? Do we have a video or audiotape of her saying that? Do we have a letter from her saying that she wants conservative radio regulated?

Where is the proof that Hillary said that? Do we have a video or audiotape of her saying that? Do we have a letter from her saying that she wants conservative radio regulated?

By Kara Rowlan

THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 23, 2007

A political spat involving talk radio emerged in Congress on the heels of a report this week critical of "conservative dominance" of the industry, whose credibility is being questioned separately.

Sen. James M. Inhofe, Oklahoma Republican, said he overheard two influential senators advocating a "legislative fix" for the influence of "extremist" talk-radio hosts.

Democratic Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York and Barbara Boxer of California deny the conversation took place.

"This was on the elevator from the basement to the second floor of the Capitol to vote," Mr. Inhofe told The Washington Times yesterday. "They were upset about something, they hardly noticed I was even there.

"They were complaining about something they heard on talk radio. They said, 'This is just ridiculous — all these talk-radio shows, they're all for right-wing extremists. There ought to be a legislative fix to this,' " Mr. Inhofe said. "I said to them, 'You girls don't understand. Talk radio is all market-driven and there's no market for your liberal tripe.' "

Mr. Inhofe said the conversation took place about three years ago, but noted that he described it to a Los Angeles radio host yesterday as "the other day."

for complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...106230029/1001

Like a US Senator would walk around with a recording device

of course the fact Dems wabt to shut down consrtvative talk radio with the Unfairness Doctrine has nothing to do with the comments the Bombo Sisters made

By Kara Rowlan

THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 23, 2007

for complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...106230029/1001

Like a US Senator would walk around with a recording device

of course the fact Dems wabt to shut down consrtvative talk radio with the Unfairness Doctrine has nothing to do with the comments the Bombo Sisters made

And neither James Inhoffe nor <i>The Washington Times</i> are the most objective, non-partisan or reliable resources either. How's about some objective, independent verification. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

And neither James Inhoffe nor <i>The Washington Times</i> are the most objective, non-partisan or reliable resources either. How's about some objective, independent verification. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

I've got an idea, Bully. Why don't we keep an eye on the Fairness Twins, and see if their ACTIONS bear out Inhoffe's claim? I don't think we're going to have to wait long.

Just out of curiosity, what do YOU think should be done about conservative talk radio?

I've got an idea, Bully. Why don't we keep an eye on the Fairness Twins, and see if their ACTIONS bear out Inhoffe's claim? I don't think we're going to have to wait long.

Just out of curiosity, what do YOU think should be done about conservative talk radio?

Is is John Podesta, a former Clinton staffer, who is leading the charge to shut down conservative talk rdio

Of course, to the left - everybody loves Hillary - she is just misunderstood

Attachments

• $At the Arch.jpg
    $At the Arch.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 161
Let's cut to the chase shall we.

Let's forget about what Hilary and Boxer and Pelosi and Lott and what they all might have said or plan to do.

I would simply like the liberal members of the board or anybody for that matter to answer the question:

Should government do something about the dominance of the right in talk radio?

Let's cut to the chase shall we.

Let's forget about what Hilary and Boxer and Pelosi and Lott and what they all might have said or plan to do.

I would simply like the liberal members of the board or anybody for that matter to answer the question:

Should government do something about the dominance of the right in talk radio?

It will be interesting to see the libs try and spin how the left is setting the stage to launch their attack on conservative political speech

No.

It will balance itself out.

There is enough "Leftism" elsewhere, that the right wing radio isnt such a horrible thing.

It has balanced itself out - that is why libs want to regulate it.

They are losing the battle, they can't win, so they have to have the government monitor talk radio in their favor

I have commented on his comments on the thread addressing Lott's comments. Talk radio stood by him when both sides were attacking him for a non racist comment at an old man birthday party

Libs have been wanting to silence conservatives for many years. Ever since Dead Air Amercia went bankrupt, libs have been trying to bring back the Unfairness Dontrine.

Since libs cannot compete with conservatives on the radio, they have no choice but to silence them

And I thought libs were for free speech

Tsk, tsk, silly Liberals.

Of course, conservatives who believe in free speech would allow for the broadcast of al-Jazeera in America. Unless, of course, "free speech" didn't include the right to show pictures of the war in Iraq.

Tsk, tsk, silly Liberals.

Of course, conservatives who believe in free speech would allow for the broadcast of al-Jazeera in America. Unless, of course, "free speech" didn't include the right to show pictures of the war in Iraq.

Not one network carries Al Jazeera becoause there is no demand for it. Like Dead Air Amercia found out- few people want to hear a bunch of idiots bashing Amercia

As far as the war - the ;iberal media has done nothing but play to the anti war left

Forum List

Back