Clinics offer free vasectomies, citing a surge in demand

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Pretty good idea...pointing out that 'choice' is not just a female prerogative. In that vasectomies are reversible, I'd recommend one for most young men, as well as those who are done with fathering children:

Denny Dalliance had long worried about what would happen if he fathered a child because his job as a truck driver keeps him away from home most of the week.
But after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in June, the 31-year-old Independence, Missouri, man decided it was time to take action — and jumped at the chance to sign up for a free vasectomy.
“These are grim circumstances under which I made this decision," he said as he drove a load of cardboard boxes through Kansas this week.
The vasectomy he is scheduled to get next month is part of an effort that involves Planned Parenthood and a physician with a mobile vasectomy clinic. Sixty vasectomies will be offered over three days in and outside Planned Parenthood clinics in St. Louis, Springfield and Joplin to uninsured patients during the first week of November amid what the clinics say is a surge in demand for the procedure.
Dr. Esgar Guarin then plans to take his mobile clinic — a vehicle decorated with large images of sperm that his friends have jokingly dubbed the “Nutcracker" — on the road the following week to offer 40 more free vasectomies in several towns across Iowa.
Guarin also plans to offer discounted vasectomies that month at his regular clinic in the Des Moines area.
“It’s a very particular moment in reproductive rights in the United States. And we need to we need to talk about it,” he said, adding that vasectomies are performed far less often than the tubal ligation method of female sterilization, even though they are cheaper, have a shorter recovery time and require local, rather than general, anesthesia.
Dalliance, the truck driver, said he didn't want to thrust the responsibility of birth control on partners anymore, especially with abortions harder to get. His home state of Missouri was among the first in the country with a trigger law in effect to ban abortions at any point in pregnancy.
“I don’t want to come off as though I’m like unhappy to be doing this, but this is a situation where my hands kind of got forced with regards to the Roe v. Wade decision," he said.

“I feel like that with the extreme cost involved with having a child in the United States, I kind of got priced out," he said. “And so this is me cashing out my chips as it were. It’s the right ethical decision for me, but it’s not one that’s made lightly.”

The Left is obsessed with population control, so making this free, like they want to make all abortion free, makes sense.

“I feel like that with the extreme cost involved with having a child in the United States, I kind of got priced out," he said.

Something I have been pointing out for a long time and this guy notes is a point of concern.

Pretty good idea...pointing out that 'choice' is not just a female prerogative. In that vasectomies are reversible, I'd recommend one for most young men, as well as those who are done with fathering children:

Denny Dalliance had long worried about what would happen if he fathered a child because his job as a truck driver keeps him away from home most of the week.
But after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in June, the 31-year-old Independence, Missouri, man decided it was time to take action — and jumped at the chance to sign up for a free vasectomy.
“These are grim circumstances under which I made this decision," he said as he drove a load of cardboard boxes through Kansas this week.
The vasectomy he is scheduled to get next month is part of an effort that involves Planned Parenthood and a physician with a mobile vasectomy clinic. Sixty vasectomies will be offered over three days in and outside Planned Parenthood clinics in St. Louis, Springfield and Joplin to uninsured patients during the first week of November amid what the clinics say is a surge in demand for the procedure.
Dr. Esgar Guarin then plans to take his mobile clinic — a vehicle decorated with large images of sperm that his friends have jokingly dubbed the “Nutcracker" — on the road the following week to offer 40 more free vasectomies in several towns across Iowa.
Guarin also plans to offer discounted vasectomies that month at his regular clinic in the Des Moines area.
“It’s a very particular moment in reproductive rights in the United States. And we need to we need to talk about it,” he said, adding that vasectomies are performed far less often than the tubal ligation method of female sterilization, even though they are cheaper, have a shorter recovery time and require local, rather than general, anesthesia.
Dalliance, the truck driver, said he didn't want to thrust the responsibility of birth control on partners anymore, especially with abortions harder to get. His home state of Missouri was among the first in the country with a trigger law in effect to ban abortions at any point in pregnancy.
“I don’t want to come off as though I’m like unhappy to be doing this, but this is a situation where my hands kind of got forced with regards to the Roe v. Wade decision," he said.

“I feel like that with the extreme cost involved with having a child in the United States, I kind of got priced out," he said. “And so this is me cashing out my chips as it were. It’s the right ethical decision for me, but it’s not one that’s made lightly.”
Good solution.

Honestly I wish they would offer reduced sentences to prisoners if they volunteer for a vasectomy. Free of charge obviously.

Forum List

Back