Climate change tipping points are upon us, draft U.N. report warns: 'The worst is yet to come'

There is NOTHING happening that isn't 100% natural.

The concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing due to the burning of fossil fuels, That is not natural.

What about the CO2 released from volcanos and forest fires?
The Only possibility is that mankind by products could be over stimulating the canopy which could have enough vast coverage to cause something. Mankind via solely mankind is far too puny. Mankind is like dimples on a basketball, 4% missing dimples has no effect. Oceans are the basketball
We have a massive effect on the planet. Mankind regularly makes entire species go extinct. Pretending that what we do does not effect things is silly.

Mankind can certainly have a devastating affect, at the local level. Globally we can do nothing. This has been proven over and over.

I'm an Environmental Engineer. 30 year career. Taught some Environmental Science college courses in retirement. Remediated a lot of pollution in my career. Not a climate expert but I am well read on the subject.

My opinion is that Man is great at pollution. We have done tremendous damage to the Biosphere because of our numbers. Seven billion is too many humans. However, there is no real proof of man made climate change. None at all. Just some unscientific correlations and really bad computer models. Because there is no real proof the Environmental Wacko scammers have to create fraudulent data and they have been caught doing it many times.

I am an environmental geologist, so the bulk of my career was spent cleaning up that pollution. I agree with everything you say except for the number of humans. The planet as it is can support 10 billion. The problems are not because of the numbers of people, but the corrupt evil people who control things.

It will soon be ten billion. Humans like to have a high standard of living and that creates pollution. We are seeing tremendous damage to the oceans and to large amounts of land. Every year we lose the area the size of North and South Carolina combined to deforestation.

Earth would be fine with a couple of billion but we have too many now.

You can blame a lot of the damage to mismanagement but at the end of the day it is a numbers problem.

That is my opinion.

That's fine, but demographers are already showing the population levelling off. If we do nothing at all the population is going to drop back to about 6 billion by the end of the century. Wealth makes people have fewer children, and reduces pollution. You have it backwards.

The concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing due to the burning of fossil fuels, That is not natural.

The Only possibility is that mankind by products could be over stimulating the canopy which could have enough vast coverage to cause something. Mankind via solely mankind is far too puny. Mankind is like dimples on a basketball, 4% missing dimples has no effect. Oceans are the basketball
We have a massive effect on the planet. Mankind regularly makes entire species go extinct. Pretending that what we do does not effect things is silly.
We get lied to every day. We have broken into two distinct major groups. The architects of fear have always been around to scam people.

Mankind can certainly have a devastating affect, at the local level. Globally we can do nothing. This has been proven over and over.

I'm an Environmental Engineer. 30 year career. Taught some Environmental Science college courses in retirement. Remediated a lot of pollution in my career. Not a climate expert but I am well read on the subject.

My opinion is that Man is great at pollution. We have done tremendous damage to the Biosphere because of our numbers. Seven billion is too many humans. However, there is no real proof of man made climate change. None at all. Just some unscientific correlations and really bad computer models. Because there is no real proof the Environmental Wacko scammers have to create fraudulent data and they have been caught doing it many times.

Exactly.

The demleftists will be doubling down on globalclimatewarmingchange and racism leading up to the midterms then shift into hyperdrive for 2024.
They really have nothing else.

Actually you are talking bullshit...

The sea level would have to rise by 8-9 ft to flood his house...
Actually, you are although I'm sure you don't know it.
Obama's mansion wouldn't have to literally be inundated by water
to be a ruined investment and hard to live in.
If roads were flooded. If the land eroded due to flooding. If the mosquito population suddenly exploded
due to the property all around his house being swampy, a bog, a marsh, a quagmire.
If all the land around his home was muddy and soggy, etc. and difficult to get in or out.

Even you can get the picture, probably. If Obama bought a sea side mansion, and truly believed
global warming would raise global water levels, his investment wouldn't be a very good one, would it.

So either Obama doesn't believe global warming bullshit. Or thinks maybe he can always
move provided he can find someone willing to shell out millions of dollars to live in flood plain.
Good luck with that.

It would be like buying a multi million dollar property in Hawaii near an active volcano.
Why would a smart person do that?

Last edited:
It would be the very worst place to live in 20 or 30 years, not today. Considering that Obama is unlikely to even be alive by then, has massive amounts of cash to live anywhere at any time, it certainly does not look like there is any contradiction there at all to me. I waste money all the time on things that are not going to pay off later. This is not Obama's only home, not a place he is going to be stuck at and, if he even lives long enough, having that home wash away will have almost zero effect on their bottom line or comfort.

Simply put, it is a nice place to live today.
Still, even people with lots of money don't like to waste it on foolish investments.
Not even billionaires have so much money they can afford to throw it away.

Yes, a nice home today but for how much longer if the Obama's put any credence at all in
the theory of anthropogenic global warming?

They say one thing. Their investment says another.

If roads were flooded. If the land eroded due to flooding. If the mosquito population suddenly exploded
due to the property all around his house being swampy, a bog, a marsh, a quagmire.
If all the land around his home was muddy and soggy, etc. and difficult to get in or out.

Even you can get the picture, probably. If Obama bought a sea side mansion, and truly believed
global warming would raise global water levels, his investment wouldn't be a very good one, would it.

So either Obama doesn't believe global warming bullshit. Or thinks maybe he can always
move provided he can find someone willing to shell out millions of dollars to live in flood plain.
Good luck with that.

It would be like buying a multi million dollar property in Hawaii near an active volcano.
Sorry but you have to look what I posted... His house is over 9 feet above sea level...

Sound investment and Obama is optimistic that the GOP won't get a chance to ruin the world and it can bee turned around...

So nice try but house is safe for 50 years at least

Sorry but you have to look what I posted... His house is over 9 feet above sea level...
And you should look at what I posted. I spent a lot of time detailing what would happen to the land and property around the house. But I guess your mind wouldn't let you deal with that reality, and I can
see why.
Sound investment and Obama is optimistic that the GOP won't get a chance to ruin the world and it can bee turned around...
If he believes what he preaches (IF) the world is headed for calamity. His pals in China themselves
are pumping an unprecedented amount of CO2 into the atmosphere from the hundreds of
coal fired plants they are building every year.
Is Joe Biden going to save the world? No one seems to think so.

Okay, Nostradamus. Did you tell Greta Thunberg your good news? The UN thinks you are full of crap
and no one that truly believes they are pouring millions of dollars into a flood plain would do what
Barack Obama did. That's just a fact unless Obama loves loosing millions of dollars.

Good luck with that.

Alright. Let's go for something more immediate. The Maldives are, according to climate propagandists, in IMMEDIATE danger of drowning.

They have invested hundreds of millions of dollars building nice shiny new international airports all over the place to bring tourists in. The Maldives are AT SEA LEVEL. So, that investment shows all of these claims to be horseshit.

It would be the very worst place to live in 20 or 30 years, not today. Considering that Obama is unlikely to even be alive by then, has massive amounts of cash to live anywhere at any time, it certainly does not look like there is any contradiction there at all to me. I waste money all the time on things that are not going to pay off later. This is not Obama's only home, not a place he is going to be stuck at and, if he even lives long enough, having that home wash away will have almost zero effect on their bottom line or comfort.

Simply put, it is a nice place to live today.
Still, even people with lots of money don't like to waste it on foolish investments.
Not even billionaires have so much money they can afford to throw it away.

Yes, a nice home today but for how much longer if the Obama's put any credence at all in
the theory of anthropogenic global warming?

They say one thing. Their investment says another.
The rich blow money on niceties all the time. They do a shit ton of it and where they live is no exception. We used to build homes for the wealthy - they spent ten times what they would be able to sell them for because of all the asinine things they wanted put into it. We had one guy that, essentially, wanted his home built out of almost all glass.

This is par for the course. That YOU think no one would buy a home that was a piss poor investment does not mean Obama who has absolutely zero connection with even the concept of limited resources, would not for the sake of spending his time in a nice place.

Particularly when he will be dead by the time it even becomes a bad investment.

Lol well the UN is saying it so....

In all seriousness, get ready to be taxed to death middle class.

Here it comes
Climate change is the biggest hoax on the planet. Find a way to control the sun, moon and the revolutions of the earth and you MAY control the climate.

It is a money maker for some. Al Gore laughed his way to the bank with the money he got from his CC gig.

What a hoax and some idiots are buying it.

You can't fix stupid.

Forum List

Back