Climate Change Solution that Everyone Will Hate

Even then, I thought that was too many

Way too many of them, just the right amount of you, right?

Hypocrite.
Again, what gives you the right to assume what my motives are? You know nothing about me. I can't help noticing that you posted this away from the original thread. Why? So you could distort what I wrote? There are too many people, period. I do not care what race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or whatever, anyone is. 7.8 BILLION people on Earth is too many. I'm not suggesting that anyone be "eliminated" or anything like that. But if more people did what I did -- not have any children -- that would help. Anyway, stop impugning my motives, asshole.

Great, go to India or Mexico and tell people how to live. In the US and Europe, the native people are having hardly any kids. Most of the births are from Immigrants who come from places with higher birth rates.
And who is to say how many people is too much? The earth can handle it, most of the population problems are due to too many people living in small areas, the Earth itself has plenty of room to support life. People only need to learn to adapt socially and politically to improve their lives
Not only "socially and politically". First of all we need to improve technologies, produce more energy (first of all - clean nuclear energy) and better use it.

During World War II, when the U.S. faced a mortal threat to its very existence, the government imposed rationing -- in particular, gasoline rationing. I believe that the time has come again for gasoline rationing.

Gasoline rationing would accomplish a number of things:
  1. It would emphasize the seriousness of the situation.
  2. It would reduce the amount of greenhouse gases being released into the atmosphere.
  3. It would encourage the use of public transit.
  4. It would encourage the development of alternative forms of transportation and power sources.
  5. It would make almost everyone a participant in the fight against climate change.
I hope that you will support my proposal.

Where's your proposal?? WHO gets "exemptions"?? Does this shut down NASCAR races? Do farmers get stuck 1/3 the way thru the plowing? Do airplanes have to GLIDE into their destinations??

But more importantly, all this sacrifice you're asking for here -- HOW MUCH of a decrease will there be in the 0.6DegC warming that's occurred during your lifetime? You feel that heat daily do you???

My proposal is gasoline rationing. I don't have all the details. When it was done during World War 2, I think there were about 5 levels of rations, depending on your job and your needs. Presumably, people would have the right to appeal the ration level they're assigned. And yeah, maybe it would shut down NASCAR races, or at least reduce them. (I did say that everybody would hate my idea.) I'm not sure how you claim to know that 0.6 Deg C warming occurred during MY lifetime, but the point is this: Either climate change is a global threat to our way of life, human civilization, and life on Earth -- or it isn't. If it isn't, then just carry on the way you have. But if it IS, then we'd better start acting like it.

Let me give you a BETTER SOLUTION that doesn't require massive economic damage or govt involvement.. The answer to the problem TOMORROW, is to build 40 new nuclear plants to replace some of the aging ones and add capacity to remove the CO2 sources that we currently have..

How you feel about that? COMPLETELY reliable nuclear generation with ZERO CO2 emissions.. It's at our fingertips.. Just pull the trigger..

The massive tax breaks and over-emphasis on "electric" vehicles should have made a bigger impact by now and rendered "your plan" unneccesary.. But there's no guarantee that you'll be CUTTING emissions with Nat gas and coal still the dominant power to CHARGE those vehicles.. Hydrogen fuel cells are a BETTER way to power electric cars than batteries.. Not a huge toxic waste stream.. And the hydrogen fuel could be distilled with OFF GRID wind and solar...

All kinds of better ideas than suffering and gliding jetliners with empty gas tanks into their destinations...
I don't like nuclear power. There are many problems with it. However, it may be necessary to use some nuclear power in the short term in order to reduce the use of fossil fuels as quickly as possible. All alternative options should be on the table, at least for now.

Hypocrite.
Again, what gives you the right to assume what my motives are? You know nothing about me. I can't help noticing that you posted this away from the original thread. Why? So you could distort what I wrote? There are too many people, period. I do not care what race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or whatever, anyone is. 7.8 BILLION people on Earth is too many. I'm not suggesting that anyone be "eliminated" or anything like that. But if more people did what I did -- not have any children -- that would help. Anyway, stop impugning my motives, asshole.

Great, go to India or Mexico and tell people how to live. In the US and Europe, the native people are having hardly any kids. Most of the births are from Immigrants who come from places with higher birth rates.
And who is to say how many people is too much? The earth can handle it, most of the population problems are due to too many people living in small areas, the Earth itself has plenty of room to support life. People only need to learn to adapt socially and politically to improve their lives
Sure, there's plenty of room on Earth to support life -- human life, as long as you don't care about leaving space for other living things. But who needs elephants, anyway?

During World War II, when the U.S. faced a mortal threat to its very existence, the government imposed rationing -- in particular, gasoline rationing. I believe that the time has come again for gasoline rationing.

2. It would reduce the amount of greenhouse gases being released into the atmosphere.
  4. It would encourage the development of alternative forms of transportation and power sources.
  5. It would make almost everyone a participant in the fight against climate change.

Where's your proposal?? WHO gets "exemptions"?? Does this shut down NASCAR races? Do farmers get stuck 1/3 the way thru the plowing? Do airplanes have to GLIDE into their destinations??

But more importantly, all this sacrifice you're asking for here -- HOW MUCH of a decrease will there be in the 0.6DegC warming that's occurred during your lifetime? You feel that heat daily do you???

My proposal is gasoline rationing. I don't have all the details. When it was done during World War 2, I think there were about 5 levels of rations, depending on your job and your needs. Presumably, people would have the right to appeal the ration level they're assigned. And yeah, maybe it would shut down NASCAR races, or at least reduce them. (I did say that everybody would hate my idea.) I'm not sure how you claim to know that 0.6 Deg C warming occurred during MY lifetime, but the point is this: Either climate change is a global threat to our way of life, human civilization, and life on Earth -- or it isn't. If it isn't, then just carry on the way you have. But if it IS, then we'd better start acting like it.

Let me give you a BETTER SOLUTION that doesn't require massive economic damage or govt involvement.. The answer to the problem TOMORROW, is to build 40 new nuclear plants to replace some of the aging ones and add capacity to remove the CO2 sources that we currently have..

How you feel about that? COMPLETELY reliable nuclear generation with ZERO CO2 emissions.. It's at our fingertips.. Just pull the trigger..

The massive tax breaks and over-emphasis on "electric" vehicles should have made a bigger impact by now and rendered "your plan" unneccesary.. But there's no guarantee that you'll be CUTTING emissions with Nat gas and coal still the dominant power to CHARGE those vehicles.. Hydrogen fuel cells are a BETTER way to power electric cars than batteries.. Not a huge toxic waste stream.. And the hydrogen fuel could be distilled with OFF GRID wind and solar...

All kinds of better ideas than suffering and gliding jetliners with empty gas tanks into their destinations...
I don't like nuclear power. There are many problems with it. However, it may be necessary to use some nuclear power in the short term in order to reduce the use of fossil fuels as quickly as possible. All alternative options should be on the table, at least for now.

THe fact you don't LIKE it doesn't change the fact that it's complete solution to CO2 emissions.. And that, on the whole, those plants have operated safely and reliably all over the world...

What other energy generator can power a whole house on 0.7 ounces of waste a year??? That's the weight of AAA battery or the size of shirt button... CLEARLY, we can handle that waste stream if we wanted to...

There ARE NO other 'great alternatives'... Wind and solar are SUPPLEMENTS, not alternatives to schedulable, reliable power generation...

Last edited:

Hypocrite.

Sure, there's plenty of room on Earth to support life -- human life, as long as you don't care about leaving space for other living things. But who needs elephants, anyway?

Bullshit! the reason Elephants are dissapearing is not because there are too many people. It's because they are being wrongfully slaughtered because of greed. The buffalo in the U.S. were almost nearly made extinct when the population was much smaller than it is today for much of the same reason. They figure that the wooly mammoth was also hunted to extinction when again, the native American population was much smaller.
Humans can either choose to take care of animal species or they can choose to treat them badly, but its not directly tied to the population, you could cut the worlds population in half and as long as China still has a market for Ivory you will still see the elephant population decline.

But who needs elephants, anyway?

Billiard ball makers?

Don't have a button for that kind of funny..

The actual salvation of the elephant population has more to do with convincing the LOCALS to protect them. Informing them they are being robbed of a precious and valuable resource..

It's not MAGNITUDE of the population that leads to this kinda crisis, it's the education and AWARENESS of the consequences of inaction that matters....

THe fact you don't LIKE it doesn't change the fact that it's complete solution to CO2 emissions.. And that, on the whole, those plants have operated safely and reliably all over the world...

What other energy generator can power a whole house on 0.7 ounces of waste a year??? That's the weight of AAA battery or the size of shirt button... CLEARLY, we can handle that waste stream if we wanted to...

There ARE NO other 'great alternatives'... Wind and solar are SUPPLEMENTS, not alternatives to schedulable, reliable power generation...
Euurm. I thought that I was kind of agreeing with you... Although I don't think it's a COMPLETE solution.

Hypocrite.

I support your decision not to breed.

Thank you.

Yepo...he would probably just indoctrinate them into his bigoted way of thinking then there would be more of them calling for less of us.

Hypocrite.

You have already said what your motives are....population control...population reduction. Do you think it isn't obvious in your everything you say and how you say it. All of you overpopulation mothers are cut from the same cloth. You think population reduction is a great idea....you just don't want to go on record saying it...like he said...you are a hypocrite lacking the courage of your convictions.

You have already said what your motives are....population control...population reduction. Do you think it isn't obvious in your everything you say and how you say it. All of you overpopulation mothers are cut from the same cloth. You think population reduction is a great idea....you just don't want to go on record saying it...like he said...you are a hypocrite lacking the courage of your convictions.

I'm a BIG fan of population control ... we can start by killing off all the white people ... filthy spawn of the filthy spawn of SATAN !!! ... who's making the carbon dioxide emissions, white people ... who's filling the oceans with plastics, white people ... who's poisoning the environment with plutonium, white people ...

As proof of concept ... we can start with the English ...

Euurm. I thought that I was kind of agreeing with you... Although I don't think it's a COMPLETE solution.

You WERE !! Just not on the nuclear options.. The tech has changed GREATLY since the old plants were built.. It's time to accelerate "demonstration" sites so we can get the licensing and approvals done in less than 12 years..

Hypocrite.

Well, thanks for putting words in my mouth instead of asking me what I think. How can I lack the courage of my convictions when you don't even let me say what my convictions are? But I guess that you wouldn't listen anyway.

I'm a BIG fan of population control ... we can start by killing off all the white people ... filthy spawn of the filthy spawn of SATAN !!! ... who's making the carbon dioxide emissions, white people ... who's filling the oceans with plastics, white people ... who's poisoning the environment with plutonium, white people ...

Seriously? All these problems are the exclusive fault of white people? That's so ridiculous, it's sad. These problems are the collective fault of the whole human race, and if you deny that, you're part of the problem.

Hypocrite.

Well, thanks for putting words in my mouth instead of asking me what I think. How can I lack the courage of my convictions when you don't even let me say what my convictions are? But I guess that you wouldn't listen anyway.

Sorry guy...guess you don't realize that when we talk, we say a whole lot more than just what we type. If you were unaware of that, perhaps you might think about it a bit before you start typing again...

Seriously? All these problems are the exclusive fault of white people? That's so ridiculous, it's sad. These problems are the collective fault of the whole human race, and if you deny that, you're part of the problem.

Humorless to boot... self hating liberals who favor population control and reduction tend to be a humorless lot.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm. Lol.

Yes .. I am white ... that's how I know how evil white people are ... I'm definitely part of the problem ...

Forum List

Back