Climate change is causing people to lose 44 hours of sleep a year

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Eco-anxiety is real! :laugh:

Eco-anxiety is already causing people to lose sleep over climate change. Now, a global study has found that a warming planet is also affecting how long people sleep, and the problem will get significantly worse this century even if humanity manages to rein in its carbon emissions.

Our measurements of the impact of above-average night temperatures on sleep have previously been limited by being confined to single countries, lab studies or notoriously unreliable self-reporting of sleep.

Eco-anxiety is real! :laugh:

That is about .005 hours a day lost in sleep. I am not worried about Global Bullshit Warming.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Upper Midwest is about to plunge into a deep freeze. The National Weather Service says the wind chill factor could dip to 40 to 50 degrees below zero (40 to 45 below zero, Celsius) in parts of Wisconsin and Minnesota and to 30 to 35 below (34 to 37 below, Celsius) in the Dakotas starting Thursday night.

Deep freeze, wind chills of minus 50 coming to Upper Midwest - A…

apnews.com/58d9db8e02bd4df48c8096e5b565b738

Wouldn't the best way to reduce eco-anxiety be for the alarmists to stop making absurd predictions about the Earth becoming uninhabitable?

The disinformation system has been around for decades. The propagandists just play their games to make us think we are winning even if public pressure pushes them back.

No, the fear created and manufactured about climate change is causing anxiety which leads to less sleep.

Meanwhile people like me don't lose any sleep over it because we have actually read and understand the reality is that earth always been and always will be in a constant state of change. We know 350 millions ago Antarctica had no ice and was a continent with life on it, that about 600 million years the ozone layer was gone causing a mass extinction, we realize that earth has countless amounts of what we consider to be catastrophic events millions of years before we ever showed up.

I sleep fine knowing we have no control over the planet and all I can do is just go on as best I can and enjoy the good days.

Forum List

Back