Cleveland, or anywhere else

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where steel was once produced bringing high paid jobs and bringing money into Cleveland. Now there is retail providing low wage jobs and money leaving the city.

How can this be sustainable?

5 guys is too expensive. I'd be worried about environmental hazards arounds there. Where were they dumping all the slag, hmm?

It is not sustainable. Great Nations do not have forgotten rust-belts.
The question is what government policy and business planning causes these problems and how do you fix them?

Several years ago somebody floated a plan to revitalize the downtown. It was called the jobs and housing plan. Sounds good. However, when looking at the plan, All of the jobs would be restaurant and retail. All of the housing would be for people making $100k and up.

It was like WTF? How is that going to work?

Where steel was once produced bringing high paid jobs and bringing money into Cleveland. Now there is retail providing low wage jobs and money leaving the city.

Democrats refuse permits for manufacturing that will omit carbon, that means all middle class jobs are gone, millions forced on welfare.

The reason many states and cities experience job growth is they have become very business friendly. High taxed states and cities usually do not do well. High crimes rates do not help very much either.

Democrats refuse permits for manufacturing that will omit carbon, that means all middle class jobs are gone, millions forced on welfare.

This happened before that.

Nice try though.

Nice try though.

So why not manufacturing?

Nice try though.

That's the question. Most manufacturing is not that dirty.

Nice try though.

According to democrats it is.. AND WONT PERMIT. Gotta vote out democrats

Nice try though.

Link?

Nice try though.
Link?
You just said it.. used to be a steel plant now it’s a burger joint

Nice try though.
Link?
Nice link???

Link?
Nice link???
You want me to link you your own op?

Link?
Nice link???
Are you here to discuss issues or just to slime Democrats?

Link?
Nice link???
I’m telling you the reason manufacturers don’t build in these areas. Democrats say smog so no permits

Nice link???
I’m telling you the reason manufacturers don’t build in these areas. Democrats say smog so no permits
You are just making up excuses.

Nice link???
You are just making up excuses.
You can’t tell me why a manufacturing plant wasn’t built there. I’m tell you.. unless you know something else

I hate going to steelyard commons. Too many people get murdered down there. Hell, the walmart can't even stay opened past midnight. My Dad work down there when I was a kid, sad that many jobs have left this city/county, that includes the car industry, and all the other industries that have left since then. It cannot sustain itself at this rate.

I hate going to steelyard commons. Too many people get murdered down there. Hell, the walmart can't even stay opened past midnight. My Dad work down there when I was a kid, sad that many jobs have left this city/county, that includes the car industry, and all the other industries that have left since then. It cannot sustain itself at this rate.

Boy, you ought to see the seaside Causeway where I live.

I've seen guys get their eyeballs popped on sideview mirrors. Not very nice.
That never is a good thing.

Forum List

Back