Clean Coal??

Jul 15, 2011
" Evegreen State"
There has been a lot of support for the burning of coal of late, and the insistence that it is economically and environmentally sound.

As a matter of fact there is no clean method of burning coal and the GOP is crying "foul"
for tighter restrictions on coal burning plants.

I am wondering something; How much would a littering ticket set you back in your county, and
is throwing a bubble gum wrapper out the window of a moving vehicle as detrimental
to our ecology as the burning of coal?

I hear a lot from the GOP side that coal burning is "no problem," but where are the stats. that
enforce this belief and is mountain top removal and burning this earthen material a sound
investment into our future?

There has been a lot of support for the burning of coal of late, and the insistence that it is economically and environmentally sound.

As a matter of fact there is no clean method of burning coal and the GOP is crying "foul"

I am wondering something; How much would a littering ticket set you back in your county, and
is throwing a bubble gum wrapper out the window of a moving vehicle as detrimental

I hear a lot from the GOP side that coal burning is "no problem," but where are the stats. that
enforce this belief and is mountain top removal and burning this earthen material a sound

What is the alternative? Unless you've got magic beans, the technology simply does not exist to replace the use of fossil fuels. I'm sure someday it will but until then, what is your alternative?

You seem pretty smart for a guy with his finger up his nose.

Statistics that support burning coal:

The Informative Link Below said:
+PACs and individuals employed by the 48 mining, manufacturing, rail and utility companies that are a part of the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE) contributed $15.6 million to federal candidates in the 2008 election cycle.

+87 percent of all members of Congress collected money from ACCCE members

CPI: Coal Industry Launched "Unprecedented Corporate Campaign" - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

You've convinced me....We all oughtta go back to burning wood to heat our homes.

That'll really clear up the air! :rolleyes:

And we should replace cars with horses because they don't produce ANY CO2 emissions. They fart pure oxygen don't cha know!

What is the alternative? Unless you've got magic beans, the technology simply does not exist to replace the use of fossil fuels. I'm sure someday it will but until then, what is your alternative?
You are not aware of the alternatives?
Solar, wind.

Solar, wind.

Supplemental, at best. They're not concentrated.

You seem pretty smart for a guy with his finger up his nose.
LOL,
Thank you for the compliment, but that is where I do my mining.

Solar, wind.

Feasible alternatives... pedaling bikes is an 'alternative' too... just as unfeasible

Yet we notice you did not mention a viable alternative named Nuke.... Hmmm... I smell an environazi

Fair taxes and a budget balanced by law.

Remember: If the Horse and Buggy Lobby of 1895 was as powerful as the fossil fuel lobby of 1995, things would smell differently today, although not necessarily better.

Fair and simple taxes that subject ALL industries to the same tax rate allows the market to decide instead of the lobbyists.

Who in the GOP is saying it's no problem???

Coal is just carbon atoms. Why do people hate carbon atoms? If we were silicon or sulphur based life forms, I could understand the animosity.

Solar, wind.

Feasible alternatives... pedaling bikes is an 'alternative' too... just as unfeasible

Yet we notice you did not mention a viable alternative named Nuke.... Hmmm... I smell an environazi

I like nuclear. I run my AC all summer and I don't feel guilty at all - I live 10 miles from a nuclear power plant.

New Topics

Forum List

Back