Clean Coal??

Drill it, dig it, excavate it, mine it, blast it, dredge it, dynamite it,....are my mottos.

the greenies won't let us burn our own coal so the mining companies sell it to others to use and guess what the smoke goes up in the same air we use and breath. make any sense? same goes with drilling in the gulf. we are afraid of an oil spill, but many other countries like China are still drilling for oil in the gulf stealing our oil resource and guess what if there is a spill we then get the oil, If we had a president with any brains he would make a goal like Kennedy did when he made the goal to go to the moon in 10 years. make a goal to be energy independent in say twenty year. and start using our GOD given energy resources that we have in the mean while!!!! We have plenty of resources but are to stupid to use them. not to mention all the jobs that would be created finding, making and using our energy resources... There is no energy shotage only a supply shortage. Now thats the kind of hope and change we need not the kind of bullshit Obama pedled like in the last election!!!! every time I fill up I blame the Greenies and the Democrats and Mainly Obama for the $4.00 dollar a gallon gas I have to buy

Really?

I have a ski condo in Steamboat Springs...I'll likely be hanging out there this winter.

G'head and do a Google search on Hayden and Craig, Colorado.

Take your time...I'm not going anywhere.

I lived in craig for 13 years...still have property there.
Yeah...And the town is far from being the environmental disaster area that the anti-coal nutbars want you to believe that coal towns are, right?

Really?

I have a ski condo in Steamboat Springs...I'll likely be hanging out there this winter.

I lived in craig for 13 years...still have property there.
Yeah...And the town is far from being the environmental disaster area that the anti-coal nutbars want you to believe that coal towns are, right?

well, not since the reclamation act...before that coal producers were pretty cavalier about their "mess". there are quite a few superfund sites in colorado as you know, brought on by old and antiquated mining practices!

Let me ask you....do you think coal companies would of voluteered to clean up their mess if "greenies" hadnt made it law? Now...try to be honest.....

do you remember the hayden Power Plant controversy..where PSC spent years dragging their feet on the pollution and it's effects...lying about the pollution...then admitting the greenies were right and they had to install scrubbers? creating jobs in the valley? and now the yampa valley isnt full of pollution and the lakes arent suffering from acid rain? did you even know about it? PSC sure cost tax payers a lot of money with their dishonesty...too bad they werent honest from the beginning.

NW Colorado is one of my favorite places on the planet. excellent elk deer hunting, and fantastic trout fishing, hiking, boating, atving places known to...me!

well, not since the reclamation act...before that coal producers were pretty cavalier about their "mess". there are quite a few superfund sites in colorado as you know, brought on by old and antiquated mining practices!

Let me ask you....do you think coal companies would of voluteered to clean up their mess if "greenies" hadnt made it law? Now...try to be honest.....

do you remember the hayden Power Plant controversy..where PSC spent years dragging their feet on the pollution and it's effects...lying about the pollution...then admitting the greenies were right and they had to install scrubbers? creating jobs in the valley? and now the yampa valley isnt full of pollution and the lakes arent suffering from acid rain? did you even know about it? PSC sure cost tax payers a lot of money with their dishonesty...too bad they werent honest from the beginning.
Oh, I'm not claiming that the coal companies and power plants have clean hands here, insofar as their past deeds are concerned....And I do remember all the crap gone through with PSC.

My point is that the power plant and mining practices, as they currently exist, put the total lie to the enviroloon claim that the locals are suffering under any kind of environmental nightmare scenario.

Last edited:

Oh, I'm not claiming that the coal companies and power plants have clean hands here, insofar as their past deeds are concerned....And I do remember all the crap gone through with PSC.

My point is that the power plant and mining practices, as they currently exist, put the total lie to the enviroloon claim that the locals are suffering under any kind of environmental nightmare scenario.

yep. took a while but it's getting better. see what happens when folks work TOGETHER? you are also probably aware how the ranchers and "greenies" have banded together against the gas companies that have been building gas wells everywhere on the BLM land out there.
interesting stuff.

Really?

On February 26, 2010, local citizens staged a protest at the haed quarters for Xcel Energy in opposition to the utilitys plan to build a new coali fired power plant, Camanche3 , in Pueblo, Co.
The plant would be the largest in the coal-fired power plant state. Protesters sited environmental as well as social and economic issues as resons for their actions.
"Our leaders are failing to lead and Xcel is failing to take their responsibility seriously.
Xcel should expect more protests and actions unless they start closing down coal plants
and moving Colorado to 100% renewable electricity."

The protest was part of an ongoing (series) of actions by concerned (citizens) in (Colorado) who seek to end coal-power in the (state).

What do ya know goof-ball

Protests by a bunch of enviroloons don't change the fact that coal towns are not the environmental disaster areas that you claimed they were.

You gotta try harder than that, if you're going to try and change the subject.

but be honest...coal companies fought enviro regulations and were forced by law to clean up their "act". surely you know this. the hayden power plant issue is a great example of how corporations use the system....and cost everyone money. If mining cvompanies were "good neighbors" in the first place, we wouldnt need any regulations at all. the idea that pollution is an acceptable exchange for profit is old-school and out-dated.

Last edited:
Protests by a bunch of enviroloons don't change the fact that coal towns are not the environmental disaster areas that you claimed they were.

but be honest...coal companies fought enviro regulations and were forced by law to clean up their "act". surely you know this. the hayden power plant issue is a great example of how corporations use the system....and cost everyone money. If mining cvompanies were "good neighbors" in the first place, we wouldnt need any regulations at all. the idea that pollution is an acceptable exchange for profit is old-school and out-dated.
I get that part.

However, protesting a brand new plant, with all the compliant scrubbers and converters, in order to pimp far more inefficient "renewables", is plain old ridiculous.

I get that part.

However, protesting a brand new plant, with all the compliant scrubbers and converters, in order to pimp far more inefficient "renewables", is plain old ridiculous.

well, I'm kinda on the middle here.....I do think we need to rethink our energy needs.....but I dont have any solutions!!!!! :)

I get that part.

Now you're making get all nostolgic about NW Colorado. man, do I miss elk hunting there! you ever go up into the flat tops? I could show you some serious trout holes up there!

After the environmental disasters that lay in the wake of nuclear fallout; surely you jest.

Do you realize that natural gas kills far more people (about 50 per year) than nuclear power radiation leaks ever have? It's true.

Not fair! This only works because nukes kill so few people! Using this form of measure, if we could just stop people from driving, think of the thousands we could save!

Here is the pile of dog shit you stepped in dude:

September 2011: Boulder citizens for renewal municipality;

Citizens of Boulder, Colorado started a group called Renewables Yes to push for the
formation of a municipality to provide its citizens with electrical services in Boulder.
The group has held meetings and is working on creating a municipal electric utility
for the town (powered by renewables).
I have a whole lot more info, but I am waiting to hear from you to either put up, or shut up
because so far nothing of substance has come from your assertions.

Last edited:
You've convinced me....We all oughtta go back to burning wood to heat our homes.

That'll really clear up the air! :rolleyes:
That is not anybody's wish even for myself.
But we need to make the changes where they are most needed with the alternatives that are at our availability. But no one should be expected to live in a cave as a result either, the best of both world.

Citizens of Boulder, Colorado started a group called Renewables Yes to push for the
formation of a municipality to provide its citizens with electrical services in Boulder.
The group has held meetings and is working on creating a municipal electric utility
I have a whole lot more info, but I am waiting to hear from you to either put up, or shut up

So, a bunch of Boulder environutters forms a group, to nag politicians to get involved in the "renewables" scam, turns coal towns like Craig and Hayden into environmental wastelands?

Talk about offering up nothing of substance! :lol:

Last edited:

Renewables in Boulder?? what exactly would that be? Got a list? Think Boulder is a great place for a solar farm?

Hey I've got -- it's Biomass ain't it? Cut down trees and burn them to boil water. Eco-nut blessed aint' it? How's that diff from burning coal?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back