Classic rock songs that are better than the stuff on the radio.

The problem with todays music (it sounds like an old man thing to say, but it isnt in this case!) is that no one uses an instrument anymore and probably 90% of the stuff they play on the radio is autotuned. You simply cant capture emotion or even singing talent when you use autotune. You wont get chills from some dude who is autotuned like you would if you listened to Whitney Houston sing her heart out.

I hereby submit that todays music is mostly a bunch of lazy bullshit. Its not a matter of opinion, its an empirical fact.

The problem with todays music (it sounds like an old man thing to say, but it isnt in this case!) is that no one uses an instrument anymore and probably 90% of the stuff they play on the radio is autotuned. You simply cant capture emotion or even singing talent when you use autotune. You wont get chills from some dude who is autotuned like you would if you listened to Whitney Houston sing her heart out.

I hereby submit that todays music is lazy bullshit. Its not a matter of opinion, its an empirical fact.
Maybe 2020 will be some kind of 'musical reset' period. (having been the worst year ever for the music industry)

Last edited:

I hereby submit that todays music is lazy bullshit. Its not a mat

I hereby submit that todays music is lazy bullshit. Its not a matter of opinion, its an empirical fact.
Maybe 2020 will be some kind of 'musical reset' period. (having been the worst year ever for the music industry)
We can only hope. What is coming out today is nearly all done with sequencers, loop tracks, and all sorts of bells and whistles that get spliced together by a clever producer. Oh and somebody sings with a highly 'processed' voice.

There are at least three classic rock stations on the air here in DFW. Somebody must be listening. With rampant piracy the norm for the last 40+ years touring is where the money is, and when that starts back up they now need to hope people have the disposable incomes to buy tickets again, a dicey proposition. I think the 'streaming' scam pays maybe a penny a stream at best, and with CD's going away and fewer and fewer people able to afford innernetz services and downloading, the music biz is in a permanent decline. Not that there are all that many talented people in rock and pop anyway, so a few with real talent will survive just fine.

I hereby submit that todays music is mostly a bunch of lazy bullshit. Its not a matter of opinion, its an empirical fact.

True enough, but then it's never been much else, just a market for parting teenagers from a big part of their allowance cash. A study of the Billboard charts from 1950's on shows a large majority of the Top 500 to be largely forgettable and truly odious crap, not waves of 'golden oldies' and 'greats'. In fact in many years the most fondly remembered 'oldies' will be down around #35 and even #75 before one sees a recognizable tune.

1618985063588.png

#3 the only decent one on the list. The other 490 go rapidly downhill from there. lol @' Crocodile Rock'; the ultimate in bad taste in the masses. Thanks for posting that.

ZZ Top's Tres Hombres album doesn't get past #44, though it's probably the best rock album of the year, the decade, actually.

Last edited:
is it just me or are Weezer copying classic rock hit "Don't Fear The Reaper" here?

Yeah, pretty much that.

You can only hope.....

Forum List

Back