Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Bands Who Place New Songs on Greatest Hits Albums. Why?

I can't see this going anywhere considering the fact that new material has been a part of greatest hit packages since the beginning of time.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Glad you posted in music. You always are posting an unusual collection of trivia stuff from around the country. Sick and tired of the political BS over the last few days. Weird damned place we live in. I looked for a few second reframe of the chorus of Too Much Time on My Hands (not a particular favorite but appropriate), not finding it, I drifted to greatest hits from my younger days, in keeping with your thread title, and pulled up this, as I haven't listened to the remaster all the way through in a long time, notched up the subwoofer, pointed it to the wall, cranking it up, so I could watch the sails on the sailing ships vibrate on the shelf and let it rip at a level, even a retired tanker and weapons geek can hear with perfect clarity, and let it rip, running PJ clean out of the house. No connection really. Only reason I'm posting it is the mouse was in my hand. Strange, the abstract musical associations that pop into the mind for no particular good reason.

what the fuck is this?

Say I like a bands old stuff. Then I buy a "greatest hits" album and it has a new song that I've never heard and/or that I don't like. I was deceived. It makes sense that someone would say "thats a lie"

It's just a sampling of their other music. Some people who want the greatest hits might not otherwise listen to them. They are called "bonus tracks" I think.

Forum List

Back