Civics Quiz

Apparently, our kids aren't doing so well on this...

how 'bout us?

Civic Literacy Report - Civics Quiz

I think quite a few of the questions are clearly skewed right and the answer depends on one's political pov. But it's an interesting quiz.

I missed 3. Darn! Something about FDR and the supreme court, Aristotle and crew and Lincoln. I was impressed that the average score for April was nearly 75%. :thup:

Democrats are darlings of Wall St.

Some fear donations will soften attitudes on financial regulation.
CAMPAIGN '08: RACE FOR THE WHITE HOUSEMarch 21, 2008|Janet Hook and Dan Morain, Times Staff Writers

WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, who are running for president as economic populists, are benefiting handsomely from Wall Street donations, easily surpassing Republican John McCain in campaign contributions from the troubled financial services sector.

Democrats are darlings of Wall St. - Los Angeles Times

your party is the dalrling of wall street strappy

No. You are two years too old. Research the RNC's meeting with the bankers (either Senator Cornyn or Kyl was voice for the party) this week, in which they were told the Repubs would try to tone down the legislation in return for increased donations for the fall.

nothing you said changes the facts in my link, wall street donates to the dem party and is still they're darling....all you speak of is possible future donations and all hearsay....

nice try democrat

CAMPAIGN '08: RACE FOR THE WHITE HOUSEMarch 21, 2008|Janet Hook and Dan Morain, Times Staff Writers

WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, who are running for president as economic populists, are benefiting handsomely from Wall Street donations, easily surpassing Republican John McCain in campaign contributions from the troubled financial services sector.

No. You are two years too old. Research the RNC's meeting with the bankers (either Senator Cornyn or Kyl was voice for the party) this week, in which they were told the Repubs would try to tone down the legislation in return for increased donations for the fall.

nothing you said changes the facts in my link, wall street donates to the dem party and is still they're darling....all you speak of is possible future donations and all hearsay....

nice try democrat

Wall Street donated to both parties, and anyone who helps them are their "darlings". To suggest that the Dems are bad for the donations cuts across the Pubs' donations as well.

Think of your logic, please. It doesn't make sense.

nice try democrat

Wall Street donated to both parties, and anyone who helps them are their "darlings". To suggest that the Dems are bad for the donations cuts across the Pubs' donations as well.

actually, you are the one who doesn't make sense

Apparently, our kids aren't doing so well on this...

how 'bout us?

Civic Literacy Report - Civics Quiz

I think quite a few of the questions are clearly skewed right and the answer depends on one's political pov. But it's an interesting quiz.

I missed 3. Darn! Something about FDR and the supreme court, Aristotle and crew and Lincoln. I was impressed that the average score for April was nearly 75%. :thup:

Mind yer manners x - you're actually on topic! :lol:

nice try democrat

actually, you are the one who doesn't make sense

I knew you could not rebut the truth and logic of my statement, so you go for silly remarks. I love when you do that. You and Rabbi are a FAIL on this one.

Wall St is a heavy Democratic contributor. The gov't is being run for their benefit. Follow the money.

If one of us said the world was round, would you insist that it is flat?

Since the Left lies constantly it would make sense to at least get independent confirmation of the fact.

:lol: I rest my case. Now kindly put up some sourced material for all those "lies" we tell. I'd love to compare.

If one of us said the world was round, would you insist that it is flat?

Since the Left lies constantly it would make sense to at least get independent confirmation of the fact.

:lol: I rest my case. Now kindly put up some sourced material for all those "lies" we tell. I'd love to compare.

Check out virtually any post by VaYank, Rightwinger, or any of the other knee-jerk Obamaphiles on this board.

Wall St is a heavy Democratic contributor. The gov't is being run for their benefit. Follow the money.

No.

Well, ironically, "Wall Street" (meaning big investors and big investment banks) will go with whichever party is going to lean on them the least and/or provide the most incentives to further line their pockets. Right now, without question, that is NOT the Democrats. Why do you think the banks that got the huge bailouts were so quick to return the money? They were hoping that by doing so, that would end the crusade by Democrats to reregulate them.

No.

That just confirms what I suggested about WS going with whichever party is most likely to take control and thereby be the easiest to manipulate. Why would they donate to the Republicans who were sure to lose?

No.

Well, ironically, "Wall Street" (meaning big investors and big investment banks) will go with whichever party is going to lean on them the least and/or provide the most incentives to further line their pockets. Right now, without question, that is NOT the Democrats. Why do you think the banks that got the huge bailouts were so quick to return the money? They were hoping that by doing so, that would end the crusade by Democrats to reregulate them.

Wow, you really are clueless, aren't you? Why hasn't GM repaid the money in that case? And how would repaying the money end any crusade by Democrats?

nice try democrat

They have to donate to each, although the amounts will be less to the losing party, because they need to maintain their credibility for the day when the parties flip. Lobbyists will tap both Republicans and Democrats on The Hill regarding any proposed regulation which affects their business. You can't really compare campaign donations to lobbying.

Check out virtually any post by VaYank, Rightwinger, or any of the other knee-jerk Obamaphiles on this board.

What? Get real. I don't check for validity of OPINIONS, just sources, which is what I want from you. I for one rarely, if ever, post an opinion unless I've already made damned sure it's based on fact. Can you and your ilk say the same?

Wow, you really are clueless, aren't you? Why hasn't GM repaid the money in that case? And how would repaying the money end any crusade by Democrats?

You obviously have not followed the entire collapse and resulting TARP loans closely, or you wouldn't be calling ME clueless.

Here's one article of HUNDREDS on the subject, as they began to repay the loans.

Banks eager to pay back TARP loans | McClatchy

As for GM, it doesn't have the liquidity yet to repay their TARP bailout. That too, has been widely reported.

READ!!!

What? Get real. I don't check for validity of OPINIONS, just sources, which is what I want from you. I for one rarely, if ever, post an opinion unless I've already made damned sure it's based on fact. Can you and your ilk say the same?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that a confession?

You're beginning to bore me, Rabbi. G'bye.

You obviously have not followed the entire collapse and resulting TARP loans closely, or you wouldn't be calling ME clueless.

Here's one article of HUNDREDS on the subject, as they began to repay the loans.

Banks eager to pay back TARP loans | McClatchy

As for GM, it doesn't have the liquidity yet to repay their TARP bailout. That too, has been widely reported.

READ!!!
too bad the article does not support your contention that banks are trying to avoid regulation by Democrats.
Fail.

Forum List

Back