City Council votes to remove Statue because of "submissive" pose of Sacagawea

So what? The people who live there want a different statue or something else there. Get over it.

"So what the people in Alabama want to ban abortion. Get over it"
So what? The people who live there want a different statue or something else there. Get over it.

Alabamians can also choose what statues they want to display on public property.

Which is quite different from an American women's individual right to choose.

It's the mindset I am trying to point out, something your room temperature IQ fails to grasp.

Whateveryousay Zippy.

Just trying to see the correlation between the rights of citizens to decide what statues to display in public and the rights of a women to choose to abort a pregnancy.

Is the mindset you wanted to point out one that wants to limits both rights?

No, the mindset that if something is not directly related to where you have jurisdiction or location, then you have no "right' to have a say about it.

i.e. dismissing my comment on the idea of removing a statue because it offends some SJW snowflakes because I don't live in the city in question.

Roe v Wade effects individual rights across the entire country. Deciding what statues to display is still State and Local.

Personally I don't care about statues. Just have to pay someone to clean the bird crap off.

Alabamians can also choose what statues they want to display on public property.

It's the mindset I am trying to point out, something your room temperature IQ fails to grasp.

Whateveryousay Zippy.

Just trying to see the correlation between the rights of citizens to decide what statues to display in public and the rights of a women to choose to abort a pregnancy.

No, the mindset that if something is not directly related to where you have jurisdiction or location, then you have no "right' to have a say about it.

i.e. dismissing my comment on the idea of removing a statue because it offends some SJW snowflakes because I don't live in the city in question.

Roe v Wade effects individual rights across the entire country. Deciding what statues to display is still State and Local.

Personally I don't care about statues. Just have to pay someone to clean the bird crap off.

Missing the point still.

How does a woman being able to have an abortion in Alabama affect you in any way?

How does a statue being put up or down in this town affect you in any way?

Neither point has anything to do with having an opinion on the topic.

Late to dinner ... sorry ...

Yeesh, what an awful statue ... it need to come down and be remelted ... it's a damn eye-sore if you want my opinion ... Charlottesville has my 100% support ...

Whateveryousay Zippy.

Missing the point still.

How does a woman being able to have an abortion in Alabama affect you in any way?

If Alabama can do it, then Texas will follow. Then how will I ever finish my Frankenbaby?

Seriously, until the courts say otherwise abortion is a national right for women in every state.

I think the indigenous people might have a point and def. have the right to petition the local government to remove it.

Whateveryousay Zippy.

Missing the point still.

If Alabama can do it, then Texas will follow. Then how will I ever finish my Frankenbaby?

Seriously, until the courts say otherwise abortion is a national right for women in every state.

I think the indigenous people might have a point and def. have the right to petition the local government to remove it.

Probably along a line that straddles the midwest, with the coasts being abortion legal states, and the midcountry being less so.

Would be the best thing to happen to the country.

Whiny bitches, all of them. "She's kneeling and my feeewwwings are hurt!!!!"

It's never enough for the SJW woke idiots.

City Council passes resolution for the removal of Lewis, Clark and Sacagawea statue

The Charlottesville City Council met at Carver Recreation Center Friday morning for a work session in collaboration with members of the Shoshone-Bannock tribe and Monacan Indian Nation to discuss the future of the statue that resides in West Main Street's major intersection and depicts Sacagawea cowering behind Meriwether Lewis and William Clark. The session included a presentation from City staff, statements from the Shoshone representatives and a two part discussion regarding the statue. Roughly 30 local residents were in attendance.

You are comparing a public decoration with the deprivation of a constitutional right. You big government liberals are all the same.

City Council passes resolution for the removal of Lewis, Clark and Sacagawea statue

The Charlottesville City Council met at Carver Recreation Center Friday morning for a work session in collaboration with members of the Shoshone-Bannock tribe and Monacan Indian Nation to discuss the future of the statue that resides in West Main Street's major intersection and depicts Sacagawea cowering behind Meriwether Lewis and William Clark. The session included a presentation from City staff, statements from the Shoshone representatives and a two part discussion regarding the statue. Roughly 30 local residents were in attendance.

You are comparing a public decoration with the deprivation of a constitutional right. You big government liberals are all the same.

Where in the Constitution is the right to Abortion?

Just like the Taliban destroying the Buddhas of Bamiyan.

The "mindset" that you can dick-tate from New York, what a city in Virginia can do with its own property?

Is there something about the phrase "its own property" that eludes you?

Suppose I tell you to plant elderberries in your front yard. I know it's none of my business but it's your logic, innit.

How 'bout this. Just sign over your USMB account to me for the rest of the weekend so I can, y'know, "fix" things.

Same thing.

Who is dictating? I am calling their actions stupid, woke SJW bullshit stupid.

You are trying to change the topic, it isn't working.

Do you find the statue offensive or not?

I'm not native American nor a descendant of the subject. THEY have a problem with it.

Where in the Constitution is the right to Abortion?
Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia

In January 1973, the Supreme Court issued a 7–2 decision holding that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides a "right to privacy" that protects a pregnant woman's right to choose whether or not to have an abortion.
You're welcome....

I don't give a fuck about Alabama. They can secede for all I care. It would be great for America. Now if you want to allow for states to ignore the Constitution, then go ahead and try to get the votes, snowflake.
Tell us where it talks about statues in the constitution, liar.

The "mindset" that you can dick-tate from New York, what a city in Virginia can do with its own property?

Is there something about the phrase "its own property" that eludes you?

Suppose I tell you to plant elderberries in your front yard. I know it's none of my business but it's your logic, innit.

How 'bout this. Just sign over your USMB account to me for the rest of the weekend so I can, y'know, "fix" things.

Same thing.

Who is dictating? I am calling their actions stupid, woke SJW bullshit stupid.

You are trying to change the topic, it isn't working.

Do you find the statue offensive or not?

I haven't even looked at the statue. Know why? IT'S NOT MY CONCERN, that's why.
It's not my CITY, it's not my STATUE, it's not my STATE, it's not my BUSINESS. Whatever I would or would not think about it means NOTHING.

Whateveryousay Zippy.

Do you have wankers from Charlottesville trying to dick-tate what your town can do with its public squares?
Because if you do you have standing to tell them to FUCK OFF.

Now reverse that.

maybe YOU want piss and shit on America and the American flag--but we don't

Number one, Paywall.

Number two (actually let's make it number one) ----- does not the city council supervise the city's own land?

On what basis shall we purport to tell somebody else's city what to do with their own property? Shall the city council of Dubuque purport to tell you what to do with your back yard?

Start there. If you get anywhere at all, we'll continue. But you won't.

We should hasten to add here that this is the exact same place where others from far outside the town thought they too should dick-tate what somebody else's town can do with its own property and monuments, and proceeded to litter the landscape with Tiki torches, chants of "Jews will not replace us" and one klown who drove all the way down from northern Ohio to run people over with a car. He's now in prison for the rest of his life.

This is where control-freak fascism leads. You worry about your own town and let other towns deal with their own business.

Funny from someone who wants more federal government control over more people's lives.

Link?

^^ How to keep a moron busy
confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Number one, Paywall.

Number two (actually let's make it number one) ----- does not the city council supervise the city's own land?

On what basis shall we purport to tell somebody else's city what to do with their own property? Shall the city council of Dubuque purport to tell you what to do with your back yard?

Start there. If you get anywhere at all, we'll continue. But you won't.

We should hasten to add here that this is the exact same place where others from far outside the town thought they too should dick-tate what somebody else's town can do with its own property and monuments, and proceeded to litter the landscape with Tiki torches, chants of "Jews will not replace us" and one klown who drove all the way down from northern Ohio to run people over with a car. He's now in prison for the rest of his life.

This is where control-freak fascism leads. You worry about your own town and let other towns deal with their own business.

Funny from someone who wants more federal government control over more people's lives.

Link?

^^ How to keep a moron busy
confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thanks for the reminder Harry. He's still looking for it. :abgg2q.jpg:

I don't give a fuck about Alabama. They can secede for all I care. It would be great for America. Now if you want to allow for states to ignore the Constitution, then go ahead and try to get the votes, snowflake.

What will you do when it comes to your STATE CITY TOWN HOME STREET it's hitting us all and in every way there is......

What you like someonne else doesn't do you want them to have that rigght ot take it c'monn augie. LOL
What a braindead, retarded comment. I bet I won't react like a crying little snowflake, like you pussies.

You are a freaking moron.
You're a cum guzzling dipshit, fuck off

Forum List

Back