City Council Member Resigns As He Defies Coronavirus Order

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Since he is also the Pastor at Godspeak Calvary Chapel, and to avoid a conflict of interest, he stepped down as a city council member in order to defy a stay at home order.
Ventura County’s stay-at-home order prohibits gatherings of more than 10 people.

"It wasn’t a decision Pastor Rob McCoy took lightly. On Saturday night, he resigned from his post on the Thousand Oaks City Council, saying he planned to violate orders that deem churches nonessential."

"“He did the right thing in resigning, because he’s going ahead with the services at his church that are just incompatible with the county guidelines that we’re trying to maintain here in the city of Thousand Oaks,”

Since he is also the Pastor at Godspeak Calvary Chapel, and to avoid a conflict of interest, he stepped down as a city council member in order to defy a stay at home order.
Ventura County’s stay-at-home order prohibits gatherings of more than 10 people.

"It wasn’t a decision Pastor Rob McCoy took lightly. On Saturday night, he resigned from his post on the Thousand Oaks City Council, saying he planned to violate orders that deem churches nonessential."

"“He did the right thing in resigning, because he’s going ahead with the services at his church that are just incompatible with the county guidelines that we’re trying to maintain here in the city of Thousand Oaks,”

I'm not sure that I agree with Pastor McCoy, but I understand him.

Back in the bible, Almighty God delivered the sermon on the mount before huge multitudes, and that was during a tremendous Leprosy Pandemic. His actions aren't unprecedented.

Back in the bible, Almighty God delivered the sermon on the mount before huge multitudes, and that was during a tremendous Leprosy Pandemic. His actions aren't unprecedented.
Leprosy is no where near as infectious as coronavirus and takes 20-30 years to even show up. Plus it's curable now. Also there is much debate on whether that even really happened.

What he is doing is criminally stupid, and I seriously doubt his god would approve of him putting his "flock" in mortal danger.

Check out some things about Calvary Chapel. Besides being a sue-happy organization, they are well known for their problems:

The “ten person” limit is ridiculous. More than ten people can gather while maintaining distance, or they can wear masks.

The “ten person” limit is ridiculous. More than ten people can gather while maintaining distance, or they can wear masks.
Hey, I didn't make the rule. The community as a whole should all take heed.

Rushing to self-destruction...and this FOOL is supposed to be leading a flock?!??!?

I'm glad he had the sense enough to step down.

Leprosy is no where near as infectious as coronavirus and takes 20-30 years to even show up. Plus it's curable now. Also there is much debate on whether that even really happened.

What he is doing is criminally stupid, and I seriously doubt his god would approve of him putting his "flock" in mortal danger.
Tyrannies always begin with the aid of the cowardly.

Tyrannies always begin with the aid of the cowardly.
Don't be stupider than you have to be, Son.

This isn't a tyranny, it's your duly elected representatives trying to save lives.

No one is perfect, therefore screw ups are going to happen. Besides the wrong doing, what is done by the wrong doer after they mess up is just as important if not more. The big question is, is resigning the best way to clean up a mess once it has been made? To me, that only means leaving the mess behind for someone else to take care of.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back