Citizens across Middle East celebrate US take down of Qassem Soleimani

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
As politicians and pundits in the United States debated the merits of President Trump's order to take out Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps and Quds Force leader, Gen. Qassem Soleimani, citizens of countries across the Middle East celebrated the swift killing of Iran's top military mind.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo shared a video of Iraqi citizens celebrating in the street after hearing the news of Soleimani's death.

One artist painted a mural of Soleimani in a trash heap with Trump's likeness next to the Iranian general's dead body.

Citizens across Middle East celebrate US take down of Qassem Soleimani

For some reason I couldn't copy the videos and images, but they are worth watching.

You mean like they celebrated the toppling of Saddam which led to years of bloody sectarian civil war, over a million civilian casualties, increased instability throughout the region, the rise of one of the most brutal terrorist regimes since Hitler, and a war of 15 years now that America is STILL engaged in? Like that?

More than likely the celebrating was by Sunni's...........The Sunni's in the Middle East hated him and Iran..........

The Shia versus Sunni War continues.............A major player for decades has been removed.............The War goes on...............The only question will Iran be dumb enough to escalate towards us.............Which would be a HUGE mistake.............and they know it.

You mean like they celebrated the toppling of Saddam which led to years of bloody sectarian civil war, over a million civilian casualties, increased instability throughout the region, the rise of one of the most brutal terrorist regimes since Hitler, and a war of 15 years now that America is STILL engaged in? Like that?
Yea not as if it were never bloody under HIS rule.

Did any one say it wasn’t?

The question is was it worth the cost?

And the cost continues.

And the cost continues.

Yet, what would the cost be if he lived???

And the cost continues.

Nothing like what unfolded.

He would have continued as he had, and in the process continued to have provided a counter balance to Iran’s ambitions.

And the cost continues.

He would have continued as he had, and in the process continued to have provided a counter balance to Iran’s ambitions.

Are you freaking high, he was Iran's influence and projected their ambitions. He destabilized shit all over the ME and North Africa. Hopefully his number 2 is stupid enough to raise his head so we can take it off as well.

And the cost continues.

Nothing???? What about the cost of American lives??? And others?

And the cost continues.
Of that we won't know right off. Speculating doom and failure is fine but no more valid than speculating success.

And a Hitler reference. Nice ouch.

And the cost continues.

Are you freaking high, he was Iran's influence and projected their ambitions. He destabilized shit all over the ME and North Africa. Hopefully his number 2 is stupid enough to raise his head so we can take it off as well.

Believe she's referring to Saddam.

And the cost continues.

Yes :)

And the cost continues.
Of that we won't know right off. Speculating doom and failure is fine but no more valid than speculating success.

Hitler reference is relevant. Frankly - I have not seen another group come as close to the genocidal brutality of Hitler as ISIS did - have you?

My speculation could be wrong, but I do know this:

Invading Iraq was one of the worst decisions we ever made, and it opened up a torrent of instability across the region including the growing influence and power of Iran in the area. Much could have been predicted if people had listened to those that knew the area. Obama's misguided policies in the area only made matters worse.

This latest action, imo - might not be well thought out and I question WHY and WHY NOW? Yes he was a bad dude, but there are a lot of bad dudes out there....actions have consequences and I simply don't trust the Trump administration to have anything like a policy that extends beyond 48 hours. I'm worried...very worried. What if we have turned Iraq against us and sent them right to Iran in totality by this, a brazen act against their sovereignty?

This meme says a lot imo...

giphy.gif

And the cost continues.

Nothing???? What about the cost of American lives??? And others?

I was referring to Sadaam, but in terms of this bad hombre - let's see what the fall out is, then talk about cost. I do not quibble that he is a bad guy, but I question the wisdom of assassinating him at this time and in this way. It doesn't seem well thought out in terms of consequences to us and to our allies in the area.

And the cost continues.

Hitler reference is relevant. Frankly - I have not seen another group come as close to the genocidal brutality of Hitler as ISIS did - have you?

Invading Iraq was one of the worst decisions we ever made, and it opened up a torrent of instability across the region including the growing influence and power of Iran in the area. Much could have been predicted if people had listened to those that knew the area. Obama's misguided policies in the area only made matters worse.

This latest action, imo - might not be well thought out and I question WHY and WHY NOW? Yes he was a bad dude, but there are a lot of bad dudes out there....actions have consequences and I simply don't trust the Trump administration to have anything like a policy that extends beyond 48 hours. I'm worried...very worried. What if we have turned Iraq against us and sent them right to Iran in totality by this, a brazen act against their sovereignty?

View attachment 298344
Maybe but after a thousand Hitler references to the right I just can't take them seriously anymore.

And the cost continues.

My mistake.

And the cost continues.

View attachment 298344

It's pretty simple, he had the shot where there would be very little, if any collateral damage, and he got two terrorist commanders for the price of one.

Last edited:

And the cost continues.

View attachment 298344

It's pretty simple, he had the shot where there would be very little, if any collateral damage, and he got two terrorist commanders for the price of one.

That is debatable.

And the cost continues.

My mistake.

Some convos can certainly be hard to follow at times. :)

Forum List

Back