Citizens across Middle East celebrate US take down of Qassem Soleimani

Yea not as if it were never bloody under HIS rule.

Did any one say it wasn’t?

The question is was it worth the cost?

And the cost continues.
Of that we won't know right off. Speculating doom and failure is fine but no more valid than speculating success.

And a Hitler reference. Nice ouch.

Hitler reference is relevant. Frankly - I have not seen another group come as close to the genocidal brutality of Hitler as ISIS did - have you?

My speculation could be wrong, but I do know this:

Invading Iraq was one of the worst decisions we ever made, and it opened up a torrent of instability across the region including the growing influence and power of Iran in the area. Much could have been predicted if people had listened to those that knew the area. Obama's misguided policies in the area only made matters worse.

This latest action, imo - might not be well thought out and I question WHY and WHY NOW? Yes he was a bad dude, but there are a lot of bad dudes out there....actions have consequences and I simply don't trust the Trump administration to have anything like a policy that extends beyond 48 hours. I'm worried...very worried. What if we have turned Iraq against us and sent them right to Iran in totality by this, a brazen act against their sovereignty?

This meme says a lot imo...

View attachment 298344

It's pretty simple, he had the shot where there would be very little, if any collateral damage, and he got two terrorist commanders for the price of one.

That is debatable.

Really, do tell.

You mean like they celebrated the toppling of Saddam
Totally different, actually, in that it is the minority Sunnis celebrating the recent events, while it was the majority Shi'ia celebrating Saddam's fall.

Neither is really a good gauge for right & wrong. This is poisonous religion, on display for the world.

Forum List

Back