Citing rise of ‘Christian nationalism,’ Secular Democrats unveil sweeping recommendations for Biden

The republicans have developed a bizarre amalgam of right-wing politics and a radical faction of the Christian faith that ignores Jesus entirely. These people aim to take away the individual right of all Americans to religious liberty. This movement must be stopped and the separation between church and state be affirmed and strengthened.

The trump/pence administration has dedicated itself to advancing this unpatriotic and authoritarian agenda and shoving it down the throats of all Americans. I am not a member of a religious group that is against birth control, abortion, and the civil rights of LGBTQs, and I totally reject the view that any level of government should be involved in these issues. These are matters that must be left up to individual decisionmaking. No one should be forced to live their personal lives according to the dictates of a religious group that s/he has not elected to join.

There is no right to demand that one never come into contact with those whom they don't like or to examine somebody else's sex life. Imagine if other people, maybe LGBTQs, start demanding that they never come into contact with members of these religions or that they have the right to refuse to serve members of these religions. These claims are absurd.

Not a single word of this post has anything to do with the OP.

I think that I made myself perfectly clear. For your further clarification, though, I will explain that I believe that the word "secular," in this context, implies that no belief of any particular sect may be imposed by any level of government on citizens who adhere to other religious beliefs or don't have them. In other words, the government must remain neutral and not take sides in any theological conflict. To do otherwise would constitute an unconstitutional establishment of sectarian religion.

The trump administration openly favored a few religious sects at the expense of other Americans, even going as far as promulgating rules designed to subjugate our LGBT citizens to the hatred of some religious factions and to force female Americans to live under the yoke of these factions. We are supposed to be a free people.

The Rump administration also blatantly disfavored at least one religion, that being Islam.

Yup. They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion! But this is to be expected from people who don't think that any one can follow any Christian sect except for fundie. People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions exist. I thought of not saying this, but I will put it out there: I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian. Frankie doesn't know the difference. Why would he think that an Episcopalian would march to the tune of a Southern Baptist?

I was a history major and am very aware of what damage Christian sectarianism did in Europe. I also have a good friend, who addresses me as "Mama." He is a devout Muslim who has kept the fast of Ramadan for all the years that I have known him. Frustrated at not having a child, he joined the Haj, and now he has a beautiful four-year-old daughter. I guess the Supreme Being answered his prayers. There are many wonderful Muslims in my community, and met many when I was in Turkey as a teenager.

I guess I'm just sick of the sectarian garbage coming from fundie Christians. They have the right to their own, but so does everybody else.

They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion!

NOBODY ever said Islam is not a religion.

People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions existv

NOBODY ever said this either.

I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian.

You have a very flawed understanding of religion in general and Christianity in particular. I get it, you believe how you want to and what you want to. But ALL religions excepet for the New Agers have very specific tenets that must be adhered to to be a part of that religion. Islam is the single most exclusive religion in the world yet you defend it. You use the word "fundie", Islamic fundies will do one of 2 things, make you convert or die OR make you pay a tax to them for the "right" for you to retain your beliefs. It's called Jizzya.
Islam is a cult. Satan it's master.

The republicans have developed a bizarre amalgam of right-wing politics and a radical faction of the Christian faith that ignores Jesus entirely. These people aim to take away the individual right of all Americans to religious liberty. This movement must be stopped and the separation between church and state be affirmed and strengthened.

The trump/pence administration has dedicated itself to advancing this unpatriotic and authoritarian agenda and shoving it down the throats of all Americans. I am not a member of a religious group that is against birth control, abortion, and the civil rights of LGBTQs, and I totally reject the view that any level of government should be involved in these issues. These are matters that must be left up to individual decisionmaking. No one should be forced to live their personal lives according to the dictates of a religious group that s/he has not elected to join.

There is no right to demand that one never come into contact with those whom they don't like or to examine somebody else's sex life. Imagine if other people, maybe LGBTQs, start demanding that they never come into contact with members of these religions or that they have the right to refuse to serve members of these religions. These claims are absurd.

I think that I made myself perfectly clear. For your further clarification, though, I will explain that I believe that the word "secular," in this context, implies that no belief of any particular sect may be imposed by any level of government on citizens who adhere to other religious beliefs or don't have them. In other words, the government must remain neutral and not take sides in any theological conflict. To do otherwise would constitute an unconstitutional establishment of sectarian religion.

The trump administration openly favored a few religious sects at the expense of other Americans, even going as far as promulgating rules designed to subjugate our LGBT citizens to the hatred of some religious factions and to force female Americans to live under the yoke of these factions. We are supposed to be a free people.

The Rump administration also blatantly disfavored at least one religion, that being Islam.

Yup. They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion! But this is to be expected from people who don't think that any one can follow any Christian sect except for fundie. People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions exist. I thought of not saying this, but I will put it out there: I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian. Frankie doesn't know the difference. Why would he think that an Episcopalian would march to the tune of a Southern Baptist?

I was a history major and am very aware of what damage Christian sectarianism did in Europe. I also have a good friend, who addresses me as "Mama." He is a devout Muslim who has kept the fast of Ramadan for all the years that I have known him. Frustrated at not having a child, he joined the Haj, and now he has a beautiful four-year-old daughter. I guess the Supreme Being answered his prayers. There are many wonderful Muslims in my community, and met many when I was in Turkey as a teenager.

I guess I'm just sick of the sectarian garbage coming from fundie Christians. They have the right to their own, but so does everybody else.

They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion!

People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions existv

I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian.

You have a very flawed understanding of religion in general and Christianity in particular. I get it, you believe how you want to and what you want to. But ALL religions excepet for the New Agers have very specific tenets that must be adhered to to be a part of that religion. Islam is the single most exclusive religion in the world yet you defend it. You use the word "fundie", Islamic fundies will do one of 2 things, make you convert or die OR make you pay a tax to them for the "right" for you to retain your beliefs. It's called Jizzya.

Oh look, Church Lady's here.

rise of Christian nationalism????? another myth like white supremacy

Kind of true in that it's not a "rise". The Klan was rising on that shit a hundred years ago.
what?????!!!
1. it's a myth
2. again, you leftists idiots concentrate on NON-problems and not THE problems = they go on = idiocy

It ain't no "myth" but it ain't no "rise" either. We could call it a "re-rise" if you like. But that would imply that it went away in between.
just like white supremacy--it's a myth

Of course that's a myth.
But the existence of these wankers who clamor FOR it ---------- sadly is not.
another post from you that doesn't make sense

It's a political ideology, a violent one that requires the subjugation and extinction of non-believers. That's why it isn't a 'religion' that should enjoy being protected by faux 'secularism'. The fact is only mentally ill sexual deviants and commie sociopaths think its 'equal' and that it should have the same protections as Christianity or Buddhism.

What do you think Jesus meant when he warned his followers of "wolves in sheep's clothing"?

It's a political ideology, a violent one that requires the subjugation and extinction of non-believers. That's why it isn't a 'religion' that should enjoy being protected by faux 'secularism'. The fact is only mentally ill sexual deviants and commie sociopaths think its 'equal' and that it should have the same protections as Christianity or Buddhism.

Actually the United States Constitution thinks so too.

"cult" and "religion" are not mutually exclusive.

You did, crystal clear but basically you just tried to turnit around to be about what you thought and NOT about the pointd the article actually made.

What point did this article actually make? You just commented that somehow this was a "direct attack on religious liberties," which is a pile of horseshit. Your religion is not entitled to special treatment, nor is it entitled to interfere with the rights of other Americans, regardless of their faith or lack thereof. The so-called "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" has been used aggressively to interfere with the rights of other Americans, but no religion has the right to do so. You can do as you wish, but not at the expense of others. You seem unable to understand this simple concept.

hat point did this article actually make? You just commented that somehow this was a "direct attack on religious liberties," which is a pile of horseshit.

Lie. It IS a direct assault and I went to their document posted 1 example.\\

Your religion is not entitled to special treatment, nor is it entitled to interfere with the rights of other Americans, regardless of their faith or lack thereof.

Never said it was and never claimed it could. My problem is with people like you, I don't care who or what you sleep with unless it isn't legal. As usual you are trying to turn this around, you can in no way interfere with our right to practice our religion.

The so-called "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" has been used aggressively to interfere with the rights of other Americans, but no religion has the right to do so.

Cite your sources, you're over your head here kid.

Last edited:
Those wealthy tv evangelists are not christians. They worship the $ first and foremost. This nation has moved away from Christian principles due to greed and power.

You did, crystal clear but basically you just tried to turnit around to be about what you thought and NOT about the pointd the article actually made.

What point did this article actually make? You just commented that somehow this was a "direct attack on religious liberties," which is a pile of horseshit. Your religion is not entitled to special treatment, nor is it entitled to interfere with the rights of other Americans, regardless of their faith or lack thereof. The so-called "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" has been used aggressively to interfere with the rights of other Americans, but no religion has the right to do so. You can do as you wish, but not at the expense of others. You seem unable to understand this simple concept.

hat point did this article actually make? You just commented that somehow this was a "direct attack on religious liberties," which is a pile of horseshit.

Your religion is not entitled to special treatment, nor is it entitled to interfere with the rights of other Americans, regardless of their faith or lack thereof.

Never said it was and never claimed it could. My problem is with people like you, I don't care who or what you sleep with unless it isn't legal. As usual you are trying to turn this around, you can in no way interfere with our right to practice our religion.

The so-called "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" has been used aggressively to interfere with the rights of other Americans, but no religion has the right to do so.

It is not an assault on anybody's religious liberty. You can do what you wish as long as it doesn't interfere with someone else and doesn't involve the government. who is bitching about somebody else getting married and who isn't?

It is not an assault on anybody's religious liberty. You can do what you wish as long as it doesn't interfere with someone else and doesn't involve the government. who is bitching about somebody else getting married and who isn't?

You're so full of crap. You either can't or didn't read the document.
Tell you what, you bang who you want and I'll not bake a cake for you.
It's only fair right?

Actually it didn't originally; 9 of the 13 colonies had established sects and the establishment clause is clearly meant to apply to Christian sects, and while many states chose to tolerate outliers and crank cults they were clearly not legally required to. They still aren't today, either.

Actually it didn't originally; 9 of the 13 colonies had established sects and the establishment clause is clearly meant to apply to Christian sects, and while many states chose to tolerate outliers and crank cults they were clearly not legally required to. They still aren't today, either.

Check your First Amendment there Mr. Peabody.

But I suppose it's progress of a sort that you've been forced to admit "Islam" isn't the monolith you tried to sell in your last post. Did you think nobody would notice that?

Those wealthy tv evangelists are not christians. They worship the $ first and foremost. This nation has moved away from Christian principles due to greed and power.

So what percentage of evangelical pastors do TV preachers make out of the total numbers of pastors, and for that matter how many of the wealthy ones take a thin dime out of their ministries? Since you apparently do all their books for them you should know, right?

The fact is you're full of shit and lying. You want to complain about some of them getting rich take it up with the book publishers who give some of them $14 million advances on their 25 to 30 best sellers they produce and sell. In any case even the few crooks give far more to charities in a month just for appearances sake than you ever will in your entire life, so your sniveling means exactly nothing since you have no more morals or principles than they do.

Why not snivel about movie stars or rock n roll fags?

But I suppose it's progress of a sort that you've been forced to admit "Islam" isn't the monolith you tried to sell in your last post. Did you think nobody would notice that?

Smoke some more meth and pretend you're not a loon again; it's entertaining, especially since you're too stupid to notice.

Smoke some more meth and pretend you're not a loon again; it's entertaining, especially since you're too stupid to notice.

No, no. POGO is the smartest little boi in the room, just ask him.

Yes. Cognitive dissonance is considered an asset among deviants.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the point stands, untouched. Better "luck" next time, assholes.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the point stands, untouched. Better "luck" next time, assholes.

You don't HAVE a point kid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back