Citing rise of ‘Christian nationalism,’ Secular Democrats unveil sweeping recommendations for Biden

Feed em to the lions! :auiqs.jpg:
Do we even have that many lions available?

Church and state are separated for good reasons.
Too much blurring of those lines in the last four decades.
No one is attacking your right to practice your religion.
We just don't want it shoved down our throats...that's all.
well people don't want homosexuality, transgender and so on forced down their throats either.

None of these issues affect you directly. So if you don't identify as one, why do you care?
Unless it's just an excuse to exhibit discrimination and cruelty.
so if i'm not directly impacted i have no say in the matter?

you're screaming RESPECT MY RIGHTS as you trample on others. those days are ending as people are tired of it.

What rights of yours do you think are being trampled? I don't see you being beaten up over the way you dress, or which bathroom you use.
You don't want to bake that cake? Fine. But I also won't care if people excoriate you for it.

Church and state were separated in the founding documents. But religion just seems to crawl its way back into government time and time again.

^^^ Profound lack of Constitutional knowledge
you don't need to quantify that with "constitutional".

I think you mean "qualify".

Sooooo you have no link.

I'm going to pass out from shock.
thud.gif
Please try not to wake up any time soon.

No one is shoving their religion unless it's muslims. Y'all don't mind them as long as you get their votes. If Christians voted Democrat you'd be silent.

According to faggot lore. muslim 'culture' has alwasy been tolerant of butt raping little boys, so Islam is fine with faggots and other deviants, it's just the Evul Xians who get in the way of them feeling 'loved' and 'tolerated' and keeping them from cruusing the grade schools and Jr. highs for kiddies to 'love', the kind of 'tolerance' all the 'progressives' think the country should have.

The republicans have developed a bizarre amalgam of right-wing politics and a radical faction of the Christian faith that ignores Jesus entirely. These people aim to take away the individual right of all Americans to religious liberty. This movement must be stopped and the separation between church and state be affirmed and strengthened.

The trump/pence administration has dedicated itself to advancing this unpatriotic and authoritarian agenda and shoving it down the throats of all Americans. I am not a member of a religious group that is against birth control, abortion, and the civil rights of LGBTQs, and I totally reject the view that any level of government should be involved in these issues. These are matters that must be left up to individual decisionmaking. No one should be forced to live their personal lives according to the dictates of a religious group that s/he has not elected to join.

There is no right to demand that one never come into contact with those whom they don't like or to examine somebody else's sex life. Imagine if other people, maybe LGBTQs, start demanding that they never come into contact with members of these religions or that they have the right to refuse to serve members of these religions. These claims are absurd.

Not a single word of this post has anything to do with the OP.

I think that I made myself perfectly clear. For your further clarification, though, I will explain that I believe that the word "secular," in this context, implies that no belief of any particular sect may be imposed by any level of government on citizens who adhere to other religious beliefs or don't have them. In other words, the government must remain neutral and not take sides in any theological conflict. To do otherwise would constitute an unconstitutional establishment of sectarian religion.

The trump administration openly favored a few religious sects at the expense of other Americans, even going as far as promulgating rules designed to subjugate our LGBT citizens to the hatred of some religious factions and to force female Americans to live under the yoke of these factions. We are supposed to be a free people.

rise of Christian nationalism????? another myth like white supremacy

Kind of true in that it's not a "rise". The Klan was rising on that shit a hundred years ago.
what?????!!!
1. it's a myth
2. again, you leftists idiots concentrate on NON-problems and not THE problems = they go on = idiocy

It ain't no "myth" but it ain't no "rise" either. We could call it a "re-rise" if you like. But that would imply that it went away in between.

Last edited:
The republicans have developed a bizarre amalgam of right-wing politics and a radical faction of the Christian faith that ignores Jesus entirely. These people aim to take away the individual right of all Americans to religious liberty. This movement must be stopped and the separation between church and state be affirmed and strengthened.

The trump/pence administration has dedicated itself to advancing this unpatriotic and authoritarian agenda and shoving it down the throats of all Americans. I am not a member of a religious group that is against birth control, abortion, and the civil rights of LGBTQs, and I totally reject the view that any level of government should be involved in these issues. These are matters that must be left up to individual decisionmaking. No one should be forced to live their personal lives according to the dictates of a religious group that s/he has not elected to join.

There is no right to demand that one never come into contact with those whom they don't like or to examine somebody else's sex life. Imagine if other people, maybe LGBTQs, start demanding that they never come into contact with members of these religions or that they have the right to refuse to serve members of these religions. These claims are absurd.

I think that I made myself perfectly clear. For your further clarification, though, I will explain that I believe that the word "secular," in this context, implies that no belief of any particular sect may be imposed by any level of government on citizens who adhere to other religious beliefs or don't have them. In other words, the government must remain neutral and not take sides in any theological conflict. To do otherwise would constitute an unconstitutional establishment of sectarian religion.

The trump administration openly favored a few religious sects at the expense of other Americans, even going as far as promulgating rules designed to subjugate our LGBT citizens to the hatred of some religious factions and to force female Americans to live under the yoke of these factions. We are supposed to be a free people.

The Rump administration also blatantly disfavored at least one religion, that being Islam.

Paula White (Rumps "pastor") is a Health and Wealth gospel heretic.

She delivers her show for the paying nuts. She´s some kind of pocketfilling Guru. No wonder, Trump likes her. But I think it is dangerous to strengthen the nuts´ religious craze. Only a matter of time until they blow something up.

So what? As blowing shit up, that would be Democrats running around assasinating people and black vermin running around looting and committing violent hate crimes, , i.e. pissant whiners like yourself, not church congregations. Crawl back up that skunk's ass you crawled out of and stay there.

Are those looting criminals really Democrats or just looting criminals?

Let's see if they keep looting when a democrat is president.

Do you have an example of these rules that President Trump promulgated?

You did, crystal clear but basically you just tried to turnit around to be about what you thought and NOT about the pointd the article actually made.

Just another front for sexual deviants and sociopaths, especially faggot pedophiles and S&M sickos.

LOL! Pedophiles are criminals because they prey on those under the age of consent. And consent is the key.

"S&M sickos"? Exactly why should adults who willingly engage in S&M be prosecuted? Or persecuted?

The Rump administration also blatantly disfavored at least one religion, that being Islam.

Yup. They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion! But this is to be expected from people who don't think that any one can follow any Christian sect except for fundie. People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions exist. I thought of not saying this, but I will put it out there: I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian. Frankie doesn't know the difference. Why would he think that an Episcopalian would march to the tune of a Southern Baptist?

I was a history major and am very aware of what damage Christian sectarianism did in Europe. I also have a good friend, who addresses me as "Mama." He is a devout Muslim who has kept the fast of Ramadan for all the years that I have known him. Frustrated at not having a child, he joined the Haj, and now he has a beautiful four-year-old daughter. I guess the Supreme Being answered his prayers. There are many wonderful Muslims in my community, and met many when I was in Turkey as a teenager.

I guess I'm just sick of the sectarian garbage coming from fundie Christians. They have the right to their own, but so does everybody else.

You did, crystal clear but basically you just tried to turnit around to be about what you thought and NOT about the pointd the article actually made.

What point did this article actually make? You just commented that somehow this was a "direct attack on religious liberties," which is a pile of horseshit. Your religion is not entitled to special treatment, nor is it entitled to interfere with the rights of other Americans, regardless of their faith or lack thereof. The so-called "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" has been used aggressively to interfere with the rights of other Americans, but no religion has the right to do so. You can do as you wish, but not at the expense of others. You seem unable to understand this simple concept.

Kind of true in that it's not a "rise". The Klan was rising on that shit a hundred years ago.
what?????!!!
1. it's a myth
2. again, you leftists idiots concentrate on NON-problems and not THE problems = they go on = idiocy

It ain't no "myth" but it ain't no "rise" either. We could call it a "re-rise" if you like. But that would imply that it went away in between.
just like white supremacy--it's a myth

Yup. They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion! But this is to be expected from people who don't think that any one can follow any Christian sect except for fundie. People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions exist. I thought of not saying this, but I will put it out there: I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian. Frankie doesn't know the difference. Why would he think that an Episcopalian would march to the tune of a Southern Baptist?

I was a history major and am very aware of what damage Christian sectarianism did in Europe. I also have a good friend, who addresses me as "Mama." He is a devout Muslim who has kept the fast of Ramadan for all the years that I have known him. Frustrated at not having a child, he joined the Haj, and now he has a beautiful four-year-old daughter. I guess the Supreme Being answered his prayers. There are many wonderful Muslims in my community, and met many when I was in Turkey as a teenager.

I guess I'm just sick of the sectarian garbage coming from fundie Christians. They have the right to their own, but so does everybody else.

They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion!

NOBODY ever said Islam is not a religion.

People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions existv

NOBODY ever said this either.

I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian.

You have a very flawed understanding of religion in general and Christianity in particular. I get it, you believe how you want to and what you want to. But ALL religions excepet for the New Agers have very specific tenets that must be adhered to to be a part of that religion. Islam is the single most exclusive religion in the world yet you defend it. You use the word "fundie", Islamic fundies will do one of 2 things, make you convert or die OR make you pay a tax to them for the "right" for you to retain your beliefs. It's called Jizzya.

They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion!

NOBODY ever said Islam is not a religion.

People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions existv

NOBODY ever said this either.

I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian.

You have a very flawed understanding of religion in general and Christianity in particular. I get it, you believe how you want to and what you want to. But ALL religions excepet for the New Agers have very specific tenets that must be adhered to to be a part of that religion. Islam is the single most exclusive religion in the world yet you defend it. You use the word "fundie", Islamic fundies will do one of 2 things, make you convert or die OR make you pay a tax to them for the "right" for you to retain your beliefs. It's called Jizzya.

My understanding of religion in general and Christianity in particular is fairly complete. Christianity itself is huge. All religions, even all Christian religions, have specific tenets. I "defend" Islam to the point of recognizing that it a religion that people practice, and as long has they do no harm to others they are fine. It actually is not a religion known for exclusivity. Now defend such people as frankie graham and the rest of his mess. He's a fundie and the morons sure do kiss his sorry little butt. I don't think that he represents Jesus or the Christian faith in any way, shape, or form. He is a cult leader.

Unless you are Muslim, libs are fine with satan's religion.

what?????!!!
1. it's a myth

just like white supremacy--it's a myth

Of course that's a myth.
But the existence of these wankers who clamor FOR it ---------- sadly is not.

Forum List

Back