Cinquefoil

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
It's the worst weed to have in your lawn. If you see it, get it out quick. It'll take over your lawn quick if you're not on top of it. It has little yellow flowers.

It's a creeping vine with very long, tough taproots. It makes a new taproot every foot or so.

The only way to pull it out without breaking the long root off is when the ground is saturated. And it's still hard to do without breaking the root. If you don't get the root, it grows back.

I'm fixing to break out the chemicals for this stuff. I'm not screwing around with it. Think it's making its way into my lawn from my neighbor's place.

cinquefoil-weed-400x266.jpg

Cinquefoil Weeds

I don't know what I have on my lawn?

I just mow the shit.

There is one little section over by the rose bushes and the little Christmas Trees where weeds grow up that annoys me.

That is just because the Mrs. pisses and moans about it.

God forbid there are some weeds by her damned roses.

I am half a mind to just go out there and pour turpentine on all the shit and blame a fungus for it.

That way I can just lay concrete and paint the shit green like they do in Arizona.

Stupid GD roses.

I don't know about cinquefoil but I do know about Garlic Mustard, the weed. it invades everything. No bugs eat it, no wildlife eats it. Humans CAN eat it. It is invasive and emits a chemical in the soil that retards the growth of everything else. It is taking over North American forrests. If you have it in your yard, if you start pulling it out and discarding it now you may be able to rid yourself of it in 5 years...it throws out that many seeds.

Initially it turned up in my shrub bed and i thought it was something else so i let it sit. One evening i happened to find it on the internet...830pm...i grabbed a garbage bag and went outside to pull every last piece out. the good thing is that i had all along confined it to one area but it never produced what i thought it was going to produce.

Japanese stiltgrass is our trendiest new weed. I actually don't mind it that much other than it is now impossible to get out of a hillside I planted in monkey grass.

It's the worst weed to have in your lawn. If you see it, get it out quick. It'll take over your lawn quick if you're not on top of it. It has little yellow flowers.

It's a creeping vine with very long, tough taproots. It makes a new taproot every foot or so.

The only way to pull it out without breaking the long root off is when the ground is saturated. And it's still hard to do without breaking the root. If you don't get the root, it grows back.

I'm fixing to break out the chemicals for this stuff. I'm not screwing around with it. Think it's making its way into my lawn from my neighbor's place.

cinquefoil-weed-400x266.jpg

Cinquefoil Weeds

Just saw this thread Natural, hows the plant going?

Just saw this thread Natural, hows the plant going?

I don't think I've completely eradicated that stuff yet.

But I did get it under control.

It's probably gonna be an easy kill-off in the early spring, but I'll have to keep an eye out for any new tap roots that pop up in the lawn.

I'm gonna widen a driveway this spring. So I'll have to dig quite a bit. Thankfully, the place I need to dig up the section of lawn is where most of the remnants of the cincuefoil are scattered.

Then I'm just gonna drop crush n run, mix concrete and fill the area.

I'm gonna do all of that by hand, too. Gosh darned man shit, whoisit. I gotta get fit. This is gonna be my first year over the course of the last three years that I'll be able to do that kind of stuff. ughtta be a hoot.

It's probably gonna be an easy kill-off in the early spring, but I'll have to keep an eye out for any new tap roots that pop up in the lawn.

I'm gonna widen a driveway this spring. So I'll have to dig quite a bit. Thankfully, the place I need to dig up the section of lawn is where most of the remnants of the cincuefoil are scattered.

I'm gonna do all of that by hand, too. Gosh darned man shit, whoisit. I gotta get fit. This is gonna be my first year over the course of the last three years that I'll be able to do that kind of stuff. ughtta be a hoot.

It is hard sometimes but I just tell myself there is plenty of rest in the ground where we are all going and that picks me up,lol.
Natural you can do it its that first step for me that is always the hardest. After that it takes off .

I misunderstood what I read so replied from that.

Did you have something happen over last 3 years I don't know about Natural? Its been a rough last 3 for me too, had a stroke, heart surgery is why I answered like I did.

Forum List

Back