<blockquote><blockquote>
<hr color="red" size="2">
<br>

<h2>Cindy Sheehan Occupies John Conyers' Office</h2><br>
by bob fertik<br>
<p>

Mon Jul 23, 2007 at 10:45:33 AM PDT
<p>
Cindy Sheehan led 2-300 impeachment activists on a march from Arlington Cemetary to the Congressional office of Rep. John Conyers, whose job as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee puts him in charge of impeachment. <a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/23/AR2007072300697.html">AP reports</a>:
<p><blockquote><i>
"Impeachment is not a fringe movement, it is mandated in our Constitution; Nancy Pelosi had no authority to take it off the table," Sheehan told her group of orange-clad activists Monday. "If Nancy Pelosi doesn't do her constitutionally mandated job by midnight ... I will announce that I'm going to run against her."</i>
<p></blockquote>
I just got a live report from David Swanson, who says Conyers is nowhere to be found - but Sheehan, Rev. Lennox Yearwood, and former CIA presidential briefer Ray McGovern are inside his office holding a press conference!
<p>
In fact, there are so many reporters with Cindy that they are taking turns going into the packed office to ask questions.
<p>
At least 300 activists are lining the halls outside the office, both the marchers and those who went directly to the Capitol.
<p>
Update 1:30: Conyers staff is negotiating with activists to move the protest to a larger room.
<p>
In Detroit, 50 people went to Conyers' district office, but they only let 5 people in and wouldn't let them keep their cellphones so we're not getting any reports.
<p>
Update 1:35: Conyers just arrived!! As he walked down the hall, activists shouted IMPEACH so loud the whole floor echoed. Conyers and his staff took Cindy, Rev., and Ray into a private office without the media. Stay tuned!

<p>
</blockquote></blockquote>

This is a real American, whether you like her or not.

At least she gets up off her ass and acts.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/7/23/134354/715

<blockquote><blockquote>
<hr color="red" size="2">
<br>

<h2>Cindy Sheehan Occupies John Conyers' Office</h2><br>
by bob fertik<br>
<p>

Mon Jul 23, 2007 at 10:45:33 AM PDT
<p>
Cindy Sheehan led 2-300 impeachment activists on a march from Arlington Cemetary to the Congressional office of Rep. John Conyers, whose job as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee puts him in charge of impeachment. <a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/23/AR2007072300697.html">AP reports</a>:
<p><blockquote><i>
"Impeachment is not a fringe movement, it is mandated in our Constitution; Nancy Pelosi had no authority to take it off the table," Sheehan told her group of orange-clad activists Monday. "If Nancy Pelosi doesn't do her constitutionally mandated job by midnight ... I will announce that I'm going to run against her."</i>
<p></blockquote>
I just got a live report from David Swanson, who says Conyers is nowhere to be found - but Sheehan, Rev. Lennox Yearwood, and former CIA presidential briefer Ray McGovern are inside his office holding a press conference!
<p>
In fact, there are so many reporters with Cindy that they are taking turns going into the packed office to ask questions.
<p>
At least 300 activists are lining the halls outside the office, both the marchers and those who went directly to the Capitol.
<p>
Update 1:30: Conyers staff is negotiating with activists to move the protest to a larger room.
<p>
In Detroit, 50 people went to Conyers' district office, but they only let 5 people in and wouldn't let them keep their cellphones so we're not getting any reports.
<p>
Update 1:35: Conyers just arrived!! As he walked down the hall, activists shouted IMPEACH so loud the whole floor echoed. Conyers and his staff took Cindy, Rev., and Ray into a private office without the media. Stay tuned!

<p>
</blockquote></blockquote>

This is a real American, whether you like her or not.

At least she gets up off her ass and acts.

Yes yes, she shilled out her dead son as a prop to gain fame , we all know.

PLEASE WRITE your Congressman and DEMAND impeachment. It is a suicide pact for the democrats and I can not WAIT for it to be used.

What will be the best part is reading the supposed charges that warrent Impeachment to begin with.

Wow dude...

What a fucked up thing to say.

Can't handle the truth? Ask her family why they spend as little time with her as possible, ask her "husband" why the marriage went south. Hell read what her son thought and believed and then tell me how her perverted jihad "honored" him in any way.

They never found WMD's in Iraq. Was OJ found guilty?? I can't remember.... Saddam never had them, and the President knew this and lied to Congress, whom had the exact same information available. Tennet calls it a slam dunk about such WMD's. Hell, he would know...They have the receipt for the damn things in Washington. WMD's aren't Nuclear Weapons...Bush never said Iraq had Nukes...He said WMD's.....This includes chemical and biological weapons, as well as Nukes....Saddam did posses these at some point. People mislead this as a war on Iraq...This was a war on all terrorist. It started in Iraq and Afghanistan; However, people are delusional if they think it's a quick fix and will end there. This will be a problem for years to come. Thinking doesn't change overnight. Now there are more reports of civilians helping the US. It's starting to take effect in Iraq. Yes Impeach Bush just because Clinton got impeached. I fear we are on a verge of hearing this about the next few Presidents. The trend has just started.

Can't handle the truth? Ask her family why they spend as little time with her as possible, ask her "husband" why the marriage went south. Hell read what her son thought and believed and then tell me how her perverted jihad "honored" him in any way.

Listen brother, I don't know her family, and i'll assume you don't either. If you do, then my assumption made an ass out of me. Oh well.

What her family thinks about her is none of my business, and has nothing to do with her intentions. I listen to the woman speak. I see her conviction. It's the same thing with Bush...you feel as though Bush is truely acting from his heart. I feel that way about Cindy.

Who cares what her son thought? What the fuck does that have to do with how Cindy perceives this current war? She feels as though her son has died in vain. She feels as though corruption within the White House led to an unjust war, and she forever lost her son because of it. She learned new things since day 1 of Iraq. Did you ever read the letters he wrote to his mom as his time in Iraq went on?

You can think what you want about her, but no matter what, she's getting something done. She's doing what Americans as a whole are SUPPOSED to do.

You turn it into a partisan issue. I don't argue this kind of stuff for political reasons, I couldn't care less if the Democrats get screwed by proceeding with impeachment. I think 99% of congress is fucking cowardly and corrupt, REGARDLESS of political affiliation.

I support impeachment because I want accountability of the people that are elected into office of the country I live in.

Get the fuck over it.

Listen brother, I don't know her family, and i'll assume you don't either. If you do, then my assumption made an ass out of me. Oh well.

What her family thinks about her is none of my business, and has nothing to do with her intentions. I listen to the woman speak. I see her conviction. It's the same thing with Bush...you feel as though Bush is truely acting from his heart. I feel that way about Cindy.

Who cares what her son thought? What the fuck does that have to do with how Cindy perceives this current war? She feels as though her son has died in vain. She feels as though corruption within the White House led to an unjust war, and she forever lost her son because of it. She learned new things since day 1 of Iraq. Did you ever read the letters he wrote to his mom as his time in Iraq went on?

You can think what you want about her, but no matter what, she's getting something done. She's doing what Americans as a whole are SUPPOSED to do.

You turn it into a partisan issue. I don't argue this kind of stuff for political reasons, I couldn't care less if the Democrats get screwed by proceeding with impeachment. I think 99% of congress is fucking cowardly and corrupt, REGARDLESS of political affiliation.

I support impeachment because I want accountability of the people that are elected into office of the country I live in.

Get the fuck over it.

I call bullshit. NAME the supposed charges.

"If Nancy Pelosi doesn't do her constitutionally mandated job by midnight ... I will announce that I'm going to run against her."

Great! I'm all for anything to knock out Nanny Pelousy. I wonder if Sheehan ran as an independent, would she be able to split away enough votes away from Pelosi to possibly allow for a Republican win?
:eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back