CIA coined and weaponized the term “conspiracy theory”.

And ever since Trump was elected 4 years ago, it's been the left's favorite label for anyone who disagrees with them about pretty much anything.

Ever been called a “conspiracy theorist”? Ever wonder where that term came from?

In 1976 the New York Times obtained a document they requested via the Freedom of Information Act.

This document was a C.I.A. Dispatch labeled “psych” for “psychological operations” that was distributed in 1967, indicating they coined the phrase “conspiracy theory” and “conspiracy theorists” to attack anyone who challenged the official narrative from the Warren Commission. It also has a CS indicated on it, which stands for “clandestine services” unit.

These labels have continued ever since they coined the phrase in the 1960’s, with the intention of stifling any truths from getting out. Pay close attention to those using the labels and the information they are referring to. This will be your first clue that truth lies within and they are trying to deflect it. The bottom line is there are hundreds if not thousands of conspiracies taking place all around us – legitimate ones. While they are busy misdirecting with their “conspiracy theorist” labels, evidence is being dug up, they are being exposed, and what they claim to be theory is TRUTH.

Conspiracy theories are crackpot scenarios.. The CIA didn't coin the term at all. Who writes this ignorant crap?

Trump loves conspiracy theories .. Its embarrassing because is shines a spotlight on how stupid he is.

You really don't know you're history do you? Very sad indeed.
He clearly knows it better than you.

The term was in use as a perjorative long before the CIA was created.

You're not understanding. Let me speak slowly. YES the term was created before the CIA. THEY USE IT AS A TOOL AND WEAPON. I am not sure why you don't understand that.

I do understand it

What you fail to grasp is YOU ARE PROVEN wrong.

They do not use it that way and never have, now read it again boy

I have not been proved wrong. The only thing you proved is that you are ignorant to what is really goes on or you are covering it up because you are a paid troll.
Yes you have,

I have proven you wron with facts citations and evidence which you have massively failed to challenge and you know it.

Which is why yoiu now concede by resorting to the word troll which is what all conspiracy theorists say when they lose an argument.

And now you are a liar.
No I am stating fact and you are the one proven to be wrong and a liar.

You are resorting to calling someone a troll because you have been disproven and you fucking well know it

That is precisely how all people who love conspiracy theories operatew.

You have been owned and made a fool of LIAR

You haven't stated any facts, you have stated only opinions.
I have stated facts and backed them up proving you wrong

Keep believing you're delusions if you want.
I do not.

You do.

I have proven you wrong and delusional.

On the other hand you have failed to provide evidence for your claims

I have provided you with much evidence but you choose to be gullible and not look into any of this. You're only going by the MSM narrative. In which they want you to believe.
No you have not, you are now posting lies.

You posted links which refer to documents which they in turn DO NOT SHOW.

I have cited no MSM narrative. I have posted links WITH THE documents in question and those documents prove you wrong.
You are dealing with a person or people who have never been required to write a thesis.

And ever since Trump was elected 4 years ago, it's been the left's favorite label for anyone who disagrees with them about pretty much anything.

Ever been called a “conspiracy theorist”? Ever wonder where that term came from?

In 1976 the New York Times obtained a document they requested via the Freedom of Information Act.

This document was a C.I.A. Dispatch labeled “psych” for “psychological operations” that was distributed in 1967, indicating they coined the phrase “conspiracy theory” and “conspiracy theorists” to attack anyone who challenged the official narrative from the Warren Commission. It also has a CS indicated on it, which stands for “clandestine services” unit.

These labels have continued ever since they coined the phrase in the 1960’s, with the intention of stifling any truths from getting out. Pay close attention to those using the labels and the information they are referring to. This will be your first clue that truth lies within and they are trying to deflect it. The bottom line is there are hundreds if not thousands of conspiracies taking place all around us – legitimate ones. While they are busy misdirecting with their “conspiracy theorist” labels, evidence is being dug up, they are being exposed, and what they claim to be theory is TRUTH.

Exactly! And now they have all kind of new words like Anti-Vaxxer and Covid denier or Anti Science. They will use these words as tools to stop critical thinking and put you back to sheeple thinking or mainstream thinking which is hive mind. A hive mind is easier to control.

Yeah, new words like dipshit, dingbat and dumbass to describe people who continue to believe in conspiracy theories based on shoddy evidence.

Conspiracy Theory is an incorrect term

They should be called....Moron Theories
After those who spread them

This guy nailed it.

EsZHRrGXcAEiY3-

Wrong and proven false.

The term conspiracy theory was around long before the CIA was even created. The document in question which you cite makes no mention of weaponizing the term conspiracy theory.

It is natural that the CIA would be concerned about conspiracy theories because it is often the target of such lame theories especially in the case of JFK. Producing a document where conspiracy theories are discussed proves NOTHING.

Your entire premise is an old one and is false and constitutes nothing more than a stupid and unsupported conspiracy theory about conspiracy theory.

Much like the JFK assassination itself in which ALL of the conspiracy theories have been disproven and all of the evidence once used to support them has been debunked. The Warren Commission was correct and their findings have never been succesfully challenged.

Sorry but the fact is conspiracy theory still refers to a delusional fantasy dreamed up by someone trying to sell a book or movie and belived only by gullible saps.

It said Coined not started. Learn to read bud.
It was neither coined nor started by the CIA i can read fine it is you lacking in comprehension.

Read it a again

How the CIA Invented and Promoted 'Conspiracy Theories' to Discredit Controversial Views

During the mid-1960s there had been increasing public skepticism about the Warren Commission findings that a lone gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald, had been solely responsible for President Kennedy’s assassination, and growing suspicions that top-ranking American leaders had also been involved. So as a means of damage control, the CIA distributed a secret memo to all its field offices requesting that they enlist their media assets in efforts to ridicule and attack such critics as irrational supporters of “conspiracy theories.” Soon afterward, there suddenly appeared statements in the media making those exact points, with some of the wording, arguments, and patterns of usage closely matching those CIA guidelines. The result was a huge spike in the pejorative use of the phrase, which spread throughout the American media, with the residual impact continuing right down to the present day. Thus, there is considerable evidence in support of this particular “conspiracy theory” explaining the widespread appearance of attacks on “conspiracy theories” in the public media.

The CIA coined "conspiracy theory" Hahahaha.. This is just another conspiracy theory.. The term dates way back ... to the early 18th century or even France during the Reign of Louis the 14th.

No, I actually understand our federal Constitution and how it is supposed to work. The term came from right wingers simply making stuff up and implying they are for the "gospel Truth" according to Scripture simply because they are on the right wing.

They didn't coin the phrase. It has been around in print and word since at least the late 1800s.
One way to destigmatize the term conspiracy theorist is to actually focus on things that may be a real conspiracy....Instead of inventing them.
Wrong and proven false.
The CIA did not invent the term 'conspiracy theorist' or 'conspiracy theory', that in and of itself is a conspiracy theory.
The CIA coined "conspiracy theory" Hahahaha.. This is just another conspiracy theory.. The term dates way back ... to the early 18th century or even France during the Reign of Louis the 14th.

There are some disputes out there as to whether the C.I.A. was the first to use the term because it has been printed in a handful of political books from the late 1800’s. The inception of the C.I.A. was in 1947 and this “psych” dispatch went out in 1967. It is from that point on that the term “conspiracy theory” and “conspiracy theorist” have been shoved down our throats. It was weaponized, just as so many other labels have been used to distract, manipulate and change the narrative to suit their agenda.

Read the full C.I.A. Dispatch below.
1611415391161.png

1611415416116.png

Last edited:
No, I actually understand our federal Constitution and how it is supposed to work. The term came from right wingers simply making stuff up and implying they are for the "gospel Truth" according to Scripture simply because they are on the right wing.

What would you rather we call you?

Conspiracy theories are crackpot scenarios.. The CIA didn't coin the term at all. Who writes this ignorant crap?

Trump loves conspiracy theories .. Its embarrassing because is shines a spotlight on how stupid he is.

You really don't know you're history do you? Very sad indeed.
He clearly knows it better than you.

The term was in use as a perjorative long before the CIA was created.

You're not understanding. Let me speak slowly. YES the term was created before the CIA. THEY USE IT AS A TOOL AND WEAPON. I am not sure why you don't understand that.

I do understand it

What you fail to grasp is YOU ARE PROVEN wrong.

They do not use it that way and never have, now read it again boy

I have not been proved wrong. The only thing you proved is that you are ignorant to what is really goes on or you are covering it up because you are a paid troll.
Yes you have,

I have proven you wron with facts citations and evidence which you have massively failed to challenge and you know it.

Which is why yoiu now concede by resorting to the word troll which is what all conspiracy theorists say when they lose an argument.

And now you are a liar.
No I am stating fact and you are the one proven to be wrong and a liar.

You are resorting to calling someone a troll because you have been disproven and you fucking well know it

That is precisely how all people who love conspiracy theories operatew.

You have been owned and made a fool of LIAR

You haven't stated any facts, you have stated only opinions.
I have stated facts and backed them up proving you wrong

Keep believing you're delusions if you want.
I do not.

You do.

I have proven you wrong and delusional.

On the other hand you have failed to provide evidence for your claims

I have provided you with much evidence but you choose to be gullible and not look into any of this. You're only going by the MSM narrative. In which they want you to believe.
No you have not, you are now posting lies.

You posted links which refer to documents which they in turn DO NOT SHOW.

I have cited no MSM narrative. I have posted links WITH THE documents in question and those documents prove you wrong.
You are dealing with a person or people who have never been required to write a thesis.
And never learned selective quoting. No wonder this thread is 4 pages long already.

Forum List

Back