Church potluck...what to take?

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
I'm thinking I'll take a big roast and potato salad. I have a big roast in my freezer...and all the stuff to make potato salad.

Yupper, I think that's what I'll do!

• Banned
We're all sinners, and I'm taking myself.

I'm thinking perhaps instead of the roast, I'll fry chicken.
Though the roast is easier. But chicken is SOOOOOOO good.

• Banned
I'm really leaning to chicken fricassee.

Then I'm thinking instead of making potato salad, I should make rice instead.

• Banned
Do you think I should?
I could make a cake, just a plain chocolate cake in a disposable pan....

Honest, I go to potlucks and nothing is ever as good as what I make. Someone made these godawful apple tarts last week. I grabbed one because they looked good...but the dough was tough and tastesless, and inside the shell it was like empty with a couple of little slices of un-sweet apple in it.

Do you think I should?
I could make a cake, just a plain chocolate cake in a disposable pan....

Honest, I go to potlucks and nothing is ever as good as what I make. Someone made these godawful apple tarts last week. I grabbed one because they looked good...but the dough was tough and tastesless, and inside the shell it was like empty with a couple of little slices of un-sweet apple in it.

What about parfait? Everybody loves parfait!

Take several homeless people and a few chapters of Jesus' words. Use the opportunity to sit and speak with the lost folk about their current situation and also what awaits them after the first death and share the gospels and fraternity as you share your bounty with the less fortunate.

That's what Jesus would do.

Potato Salad is great. I put lots of things like Relish, spicy mustard, celery, honey turkey slices, in mine.

Go for the roast.

And for desert, I still think the best thing is pineapple cake. I like mine with coconut and maraschino cherries.

You can never go wrong with lasagna

unless they can't have gluten or they're vegan

then they're SOL

These are Baptists. I don't think t here's ever been a vegetarian Baptist.

My mom made pineapple cake for Easter,oh my gosh. It was unbelievable.

I have pineapple, too.

My potato salad is pretty simple...

Potatoes cut small, green onions, olives, dill pickles, salt & pepper, and lots of mayo. A little pickle juice.
Stir VIGOROUSLY so the potatoes really break down, I hate big chunks of cold potato. It's almost a mashed potato salad.

My mom's potato salad is almost exactly the same. I think I use more olives. I always put at least a whole can in, even in a small potato salad, and I don't cut them small, just in half. I don't ever use yellow onions...mom will, if that's what she has. I always use green.

Forty loaves of Wonder Bread and forty cans of tuna. Any brand but Chicken of the Sea.

Forty loaves of Wonder Bread and forty cans of tuna. Any brand but Chicken of the Sea.
1231_hysterically_laughing.gif

Last edited:
For my last potluck, I brought Swedish Meatballs (home made of course) - they were a hit!

Forum List

Back