Chucky's Fantasy Football: Dr. Who (USA)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a Fantasy-Football diorama I couldn't resist making, now that the Goliath-like New England Patriots (NFL) QB Tom Brady is finally (seemingly at least) at the twilight of his celebrity-sports career.

Anyone a fan of Dr. Who?

ajay6.jpg

====

"Hello, America! My name is Chucky. I'm a huge fan of the NFL, but I'm also a zombie-like demon-possessed doll who likes to wield knives and terrorize shoppers during the holidays. Nevertheless, I wanted to talk today about Fantasy Football, which has grown in popularity in this new millennium (maybe because fans crave a more personalized format for sports-fanfare and avoid the sophistication of sports-writers/critics). Let's take a look at yesteryear American football and sub in our Fantasy Football [FF] aesthetics, almost as if we're time-travelers. I don't have much time(!), since Dr. Who is chasing me across the universe and wants his time-teleportation phone-booth (which I stole) back!"

chucky1.jpg

"Americans love comic book art and comic book avatars and comic book aesthetics since they speak to a low-brow intellectualism and pedestrian flowery and basic philosophy colloquialisms. Americans love bizarre heroes and villains found in comic books --- e.g., Plastic Man (DC Comics), Richie Rich (Harvey Comics), She-Hulk (Marvel Comics), and Captain America (Marvel Comics). Americans like to transport everyday serious emotions/ideas (e.g., time-travel) onto fantastic/outlandish colorized 'avatars' such as the Flash (DC Comics) and Ant-Man (Marvel Comics). In other words, Americans crave popcorn and bubble-gum! That's why we Americans love Fantasy Football [FF]. FF caters to our 'child-like' sensibilities!"

chucky2.jpg

"Dr. Who might land on 2018 Earth/America and be intrigued by the kinds of eccentric sports/NFL fans who prepare every NFL Sunday with their charts/rosters for FF which they've organized during the regular week. Dr. Who might say, 'It's almost like they're 'armchair-warriors' who want to 'synthesize' participation in the game with home-based analysis!'. Dr. Who would be correct, my sensitive/sensitized friends! Sports and the NFL and FF are totems of great socialization-intrigue and pedestrian chatter, which is why we use FF to re-cast NFL athletes/stars into workable 'demo-avatars'."

chucky3.jpg

"As your kids play in the backyard this autumn on NFL Sunday, cheering on their teams in fan-gear your bought them, you sit inside eating pizza and wings and drinking ale/beer and looking at your FF charts while enjoying your favorite NFL game on Fox or CBS. After you saw the aspiring Philadelphia Eagles down the titan-like New England Patriots in Super Bowl 52, you wondered about how new age fanfare opened the field up to all kinds of 'shock-value fanfare'. Well, that's what FF is all about. So unwind this October, and prepare for both Halloween and the early portion of the 99th season of the NFL [or the 53rd season after the 1st Super Bowl in 1966!]."

chucky4.jpg

"So let's open up our FF mock-chart in the 1990s and propose that stalwart Houston Oilers QB Warren Moon was 'called into being' by a Texas NFL fan who 'prayed and prayed' for a triumphant and classy African-American QB who would bring Texas a form of 'prestige.' That's just what Warren Moon did during his career with the Oilers, in a time when African-American QBs who stood out naturally became 'celebrities' (e.g., Randall Cunningham, Doug Williams). Warren Moon is our 'poster-child' for miracles and magic in our proposed FF chart. He's the guy we think of when we crave 'strange omens' for NFL Sunday!"

chucky5.jpg

"We'll throw in modern-day Patriots QB Tom Brady (the official Super Bowl QB of the New Millennium!) as another star-QB in our FF charts. True, he's not from the 1990s, but since we're using Dr. Who's nifty time-travel card, we can be more 'liberal.' Brady's won 5 Super Bowl trophies. That's enough. We'll make him the giant snake of our FF chart, so if anyone wants 'real magic,' they have to find ways to overcome the Goliath we know as Tom Brady. Brady is the 'terrorist' of our FF chart and offers us machine-like precision every NFL Sunday."

chucky6.jpg

"FF is good fun, since it invites fans to daydream about the activities involved with nonviolent competitive sports and sportsmanlike behavior. It's really a psychiatry-tool, and it wards off our demons of malice and mischief, so our fanfare doesn't become...chaotic. As a devilish doll, I, Chucky, know what it's like to be completely swept up in passions and prejudice, and I crave anything that reminds me of drama and action, which is why I play FF. If the NFL is art, then I am your personal museum-guide."

chucky7.jpg

"Finally, let's throw in Buffalo Bills receiver-great James Lofton who helped his team reach multiple Super Bowl games but never won one. Lofton is the 'dark-horse' of our FF chart. Every time you're looking for grace and charm and basic sports fanfare, look to Lofton on our proposed FF chart. Lofton provides us something unique every NFL Sunday...novelty!"

chucky8.jpg

"Now, we all remember cheering for the Washington Redskins when they won the Super Bowl with African-American QB Doug Williams. Is he the only ethnic-minority NFL QB to win a Super Bowl? Ya know, after Super Bowl 42 (when Eli Manning's NY Giants shocked Tom Brady's undefeated New England Patriots 17-14), fans asked, 'Should we crave more Manhattan (NY) Clam Chowder (the red one) more than New England Clam Chowder (the white one)?'. Well, our proposed FF chart should help fans consider why new age NFL fanfare involves a good deal of 'lifestyle insight'. Hey, if you fail to heed my advice, I might terrorize ya this Halloween, so beware (hehe)."

chucky9.jpg

"I personally have been a fan of the New Orleans Saints (NFL) for as long as I can remember. You wanna know why? Every time I think of my hapless victims, those stupid enough to cross my devilish path, I think about them being 'spiritually transported' to New Orleans where they become part of the Saints FF chart/roster! I cheered for the Saints when Drew Brees helped them grab a Super Bowl title. I'll continue to cheer for the Saints using my FF chart. Uh-oh, my time's almost up (since Dr. Who is on his way)."

chucky10.jpg

"Remember friends, FF and NFL fanfare is a lot like comic book fun. It's all about personalizing passions/emotions regarding justice, politics, culture, derring-do, and creativity. Invite your girlfriend to play FF with you, and if she does, buy her a Scarlet Witch (Marvel Comics) comic book or painting! No one's gonna punish you for losing at FF, and even I might be content reading my Doctor Doom (Marvel Comics) books instead of terrorizing you, especially since you've been outstanding using your FF charts. Hail to fanfare!"

chucky11.jpg

"So Dan Marino is considered an all-time great. Yet, he never won a Super Bowl. QB Drew Bledsoe (replaced by Tom Brady) was hailed as the 'new Marino' but he never won a Super Bowl either and simply vanished while Brady became a Super Bowl god. It's funny how not winning the Super Bowl does not disqualify you from celebrity-status, even though Super Bowl ads have become synonymous with American media, marketing, merchandising, and even magic. Maybe you can use your FF chart to spot the next NFL celebrity...who does not win a Super Bowl!"

chucky12.jpg

"Finally, before Dr. Who gets here, my message is simple --- keep FF simple and homemade and it will not disappoint. Then, dress up as a monster for Halloween and bring dread to trick-or-treaters who dare to defy your private NFL fanfare moments."

====

:1peleas:

{Dr. Who Painting --- FanArt}

chucky14.jpg

Forum List

Back