Christmas Party Guidelines

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Say folks, Christmas is coming; time for office parties -- and the Drive-By Media celebrations this year are going to be humdingers!

Now, instead of hanging mistletoe at the CNN party, employees will kiss beneath the huge plasma TVs showing videos of American troops being shot by snipers in Iraq. At the New York Times, instead of hanging stockings, they're going to hang Christmas burkhas embroidered with reporters' names and filled with classified national security secrets.

Reuters going to hand out Photoshop upgrades, with enhanced doctoring capability, so their insurgent stringer photographers can produce better fake war pictures.

The staff at NBC gets a special treat: gift packs of embryos to use for personal stem-cell research. ABC is giving each employee his or her own waterboard. CBS, sadly, canceled their party after they saw the latest ratings for CBS Evening News -- they can't afford it.

Among this year's hottest gifts for Drive-By Media types are gold bullion "thank you" payoffs -- uh, paperweights -- from Nancy Pelosi and Dingy Harry. Two charm bracelets are in demand, too. One has little gold scissors and tennis shoes -- it's the "cut-and-run" bracelet. The other is the WWOD bracelet: What Would Obama Do?

But the really big Drive-By Media parties this year will have three special guests in costume. No, not the Three Wise Men. Algore will show up dressed as a Christmas tree; Hillary, as the icicles; and Bill Clinton will be Santa -- so all the female reporters can sit on his lap and get their "jollies."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/ home...ate.member.html

Wow so that is what happens at Christmas parties, I mean holiday parties; I don't go so I'm not missing nothing!:bye1:

You are invited to Jilly's, BullyPulpit's, and Flaja's party. But you must abide by the following guidelines...................

Politically-Correct Christmas Holiday Parties

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO: All Employees
RE: Christmas Party
DATE: December 1

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting at noon in the banquet room at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue. No-host bar, but plenty of eggnog! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus! A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 P.M. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time, however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets. This gathering is only for employees! A special announcement will be made by our CEO at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Patty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Holiday Party
DATE: December 2

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party". The same policy applies to employees who are celebrating Kwanzaa at this time. There will be no Christmas tree present. No, Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Patty

DATE: December 3

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table ... you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody? Forget about the gifts exchange, no gifts exchange are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and executives believe $10.00 is very little for a gift.

NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.
Patty

DATE: December 7

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20 begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps Luigi's can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party-the days are so short this time of year-or else package everything for take home in little foil swans. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Overeaters Anonymous to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms. Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table. To the person asking permission to cross dress, no cross dressing allowed though. We will have booster seats for short people. Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food we suggest for those people with high blood pressure problems to taste first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics, the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?
Patty

DATE: December 8

So December 22 marks the Winter Solstice...what do you expect me to do, a tap-dance on your heads? Fire regulations at Luigi's prohibit the burning of sage by our "earth-based Goddess-worshipping" employees, but we'll try to accommodate your shamanic drumming circle during the band's breaks. Okay???

Patty

DATE: December 9

People, people, nothing sinister was intended by having our CEO dress up like Santa Claus! Even if the anagram of "Santa" does happen to be "Satan" there is no evil connotation to our own "little man in a red suit." It's a tradition, folks, like sugar shock at Halloween or family feuds over the Thanksgiving turkey or broken hearts on Valentine's Day.

Could we lighten up? Please????????? Also the company has changed their mind in announcing the special announcement at the gathering. You will get a notification in the mail sent to your home.

Patty

TO: All #%&$**@ Employees
RE: The %#*&^%@*%^Holiday Party
DATE: December 10

I have no #%&*@*^ idea what the announcement is all about. What the %#&^!@ do I care... I KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO GET!!!!!!!!!!!! You change your address now and you are dead!!!!!!!!!!!! No more changes of address will be allowed in my office. Try to come in and change your address, I will have you hung from the ceiling in the warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarians!?!?!? I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your #$%^&*! salad bar, including hydroponic tomatoes. But you know, they have feelings, too. Tomatoes scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right now! HA!

I hope you all have a rotten holiday! Drive drunk and die you hear me!!!!!!!!!!!

The ßitch from HËLL!!!!!!!!

DATE: December 14
RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery from her stress-related illness and I'll continue to forward your cards to her at the sanitarium. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

Happy Holidays!

http://wilk4.com/humor/humorm184.htm

^^^^^^^^^out of all the memos the one I clearly could understand was the next to last one. I guess since it had such honest and true feeling of the season and the personal touch to everyone. I would like to be invited to that party and it is good to see that somethings like being politically correct are loosened up in the Holiday season.:bow3:
And basically the holiday party being canx! Is pure brillance! I mean full pay vise a bunch of inner office crap is so much more appreciated and really who gives a damn about co-workers when most everyone has better places to be anyways!!!

The Liberal Night Before Christmas

‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the land,

Not a creature was celebrating, just as the liberals had planned.

The war had been waged with consummate glee,

And they had finally vanquished the foul bourgeoisie.

They were now out of power, but oh those libs had a vision-

A secular state guised as multiculturalism.

And they knew that in order to accomplish this heist,

First and foremost they must get rid of Christ!

The first line of attack had been at the greeting,

Now no one could say it except at a prayer meeting.

“Down with this imperial “Merry Christmas” phrase!

From now on, be PC- Say “Happy Holidays.”

Next they had set their sights on the tree,

Striking the “Christmas” from it by liberal decree.

“They’re Wishing Trees now, and if you disagree,

You’re prob’ly a hick from red state Tennessee.”

All this they carried out with the help of the press,

Naïve college freshmen and celebrity noblesse.

But there was only so much they could accomplish by squawking.

Too many were not buying all that they were hawking.

It was time to implement the next step in their coup d’etat.

“We must file suit,” they said, “and make it the law.

In our pledge, on our money, we think it’s unjust!

God’s too democratic- in judges we trust!”

"Now Moore! Now, Newdow! Now, Reid and Pelosi!

On, Boxer! On, Franken!, Johns Edwards and Kerry!

To the top of the bench! To the top of The Hill!

Now dash away! Dash away! Go impose our will!"

So they dashed to the courts, and they made it obscene,

To be caught wearing anything made of red or of green,

To have sugar plums or fig pudding on the cuisine,

Or to think of setting up a Nativity scene.

Finally the conservatives were set all agog,

Could this mean the end of elves and eggnog?

No carols? No candy canes? they thought with dismay.

Was the only tinsel to be found in L.A.?

No harking the herald, no decking the halls.

No cheesy Christmas concerts or frantic shopping at malls.

No late night visits from St. Nicholas.

No mistletoe under which to stand and be kissed.

Away went the manger, no jingle bell did rock.

Tiny Tim and The Grinch now as distasteful as Halliburton stock.

Gone were frankincense, myrrh, and Joy to the World.

Two thousand years of tradition had now been unfurled.

And if from the street they could see stockings,

Then you could be sure that the libs would come knocking.

“If from private celebrating you cannot refrain,

Then by Souter we shall invoke imminent domain!”

So Christmas Eve had come with nary one string of lights,

(Even putting a damper on all eight Hanukkah nights).

The activists were left to ponder the next crusade to embark upon.

Should it be Easter next time? Rosh Hashanah? Ramadan?

When what to their wondering eyes did appear,

Not any size sleigh or a single reindeer.

Not Santa Claus or Frosty the Snowman,

But the lights of church, and the inside was glowing.

People were laughing and holding hands,

Catching up with neighbors and family and friends.

Singing of how their lives were restored,

Proclaiming loudly, “Happy Birthday, dear Lord!”

The liberals were furious. How could this be?

They’d done away with the greeting, done away with the tree.

No halls had been decked- They’d passed resolutions!

How could it not have been the solution?

On his way out of the church they stopped an old man,

Asked desperately what had gone wrong with their plan.

He led them aside and pointed into the sky,

Placed a hand on their shoulder and said kindly “That’s why.”

“You cannot control what you don’t understand.

You can’t wipe away faith with the wave of your hand.

You can take away the trees and the elves and the bells,

The colors, the lights, but none of that tells

“The story of Christmas, and you knew all along,

the trappings and presents aren’t what make us strong.

It’s hope, and it’s love, and it’s prayers we have prayed,

And that’s what has for so long made you afraid.

“Maybe our faith fails analytical review,

But we love God, one another… We even love you.”

He walked away several steps, then turned, eyebrows raised.

“Oh, and one more thing… Happy Holidays.”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/1533916/posts?page=11

You are invited to Jilly's, BullyPulpit's, and Flaja's party. But you must abide by the following guidelines...................

Politically-Correct Christmas Holiday Parties

RE: Christmas Party
DATE: December 1

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting at noon in the banquet room at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue. No-host bar, but plenty of eggnog! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus! A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 P.M. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time, however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets. This gathering is only for employees! A special announcement will be made by our CEO at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Patty

DATE: December 2

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party". The same policy applies to employees who are celebrating Kwanzaa at this time. There will be no Christmas tree present. No, Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Patty

DATE: December 3

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table ... you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody? Forget about the gifts exchange, no gifts exchange are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and executives believe $10.00 is very little for a gift.

NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.
Patty

DATE: December 7

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20 begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps Luigi's can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party-the days are so short this time of year-or else package everything for take home in little foil swans. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Overeaters Anonymous to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms. Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table. To the person asking permission to cross dress, no cross dressing allowed though. We will have booster seats for short people. Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food we suggest for those people with high blood pressure problems to taste first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics, the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?
Patty

DATE: December 8

So December 22 marks the Winter Solstice...what do you expect me to do, a tap-dance on your heads? Fire regulations at Luigi's prohibit the burning of sage by our "earth-based Goddess-worshipping" employees, but we'll try to accommodate your shamanic drumming circle during the band's breaks. Okay???

Patty

DATE: December 9

People, people, nothing sinister was intended by having our CEO dress up like Santa Claus! Even if the anagram of "Santa" does happen to be "Satan" there is no evil connotation to our own "little man in a red suit." It's a tradition, folks, like sugar shock at Halloween or family feuds over the Thanksgiving turkey or broken hearts on Valentine's Day.

Could we lighten up? Please????????? Also the company has changed their mind in announcing the special announcement at the gathering. You will get a notification in the mail sent to your home.

Patty

TO: All #%&$**@ Employees
RE: The %#*&^%@*%^Holiday Party
DATE: December 10

I have no #%&*@*^ idea what the announcement is all about. What the %#&^!@ do I care... I KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO GET!!!!!!!!!!!! You change your address now and you are dead!!!!!!!!!!!! No more changes of address will be allowed in my office. Try to come in and change your address, I will have you hung from the ceiling in the warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarians!?!?!? I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your #$%^&*! salad bar, including hydroponic tomatoes. But you know, they have feelings, too. Tomatoes scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right now! HA!

I hope you all have a rotten holiday! Drive drunk and die you hear me!!!!!!!!!!!

The ßitch from HËLL!!!!!!!!

DATE: December 14
RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery from her stress-related illness and I'll continue to forward your cards to her at the sanitarium. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

Happy Holidays!

http://wilk4.com/humor/humorm184.htm

That's funny and scary all rolled into one..

Let's not forget Keith. He is always ready to lie and smear people who dare to disagree with him

Since so few people watch his show, allow me to share with you his latest rant

Olbermann Mocks O'Reilly 'War Against Hanukkah' While O'Reilly Defends Hanukkah

Posted by Brad Wilmouth on December 11, 2006 - 23:09.

On Monday's Countdown, while reporting on the controversial decision of the Seattle-Tacoma Airport to remove its Christmas trees from public view rather than display a Menorah, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann mocked FNC host Bill O'Reilly by jokingly suggesting that O'Reilly supports a "war against Hanukkah." Olbermann, who since last year has mocked O'Reilly and other FNC hosts as "fat heads" for their concerns about a "War on Christmas" by secularists, jokingly commented, referring to Bill O'Reilly disparagingly as "Billow": "Generalissimo O'Reilly remains upbeat. Look not on this as a defeat in the war on Christmas. This was a dramatic victory in Billow's new war against Hanukkah." Ironically, less than 20 minutes earlier on The O'Reilly Factor, host O'Reilly had spoken approvingly of displaying a Menorah at the airport as he interviewed the rabbi who had requested it. The FNC host was quite sympathetic to the rabbi's viewpoint as he lambasted the airport's decision not to allow a Menorah display. O'Reilly: "There is no reason not to put up a Menorah in the Sea-Tac Airport because Hanukkah is a celebrated holiday, and, you know, Americans of Jewish faith would like to see it, and it's in context, so put it up." (Transcripts follow)

Below is a complete transcript of Olbermann's comments from the December 11 Countdown, which ran at 8:29 p.m., followed by some of O'Reilly's comments from the December 11 The O'Reilly Factor, which ran shortly past 8:10 p.m.:

Keith Olbermann: "To the liberal Northwest, Seattle, Washington, where a mighty blow has been struck against the good guys in the war on Christmas. Nine 15-foot Christmas trees being dismantled at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, SeaTac, after a local rabbi came in and asked for a big Menorah to be put on display as well. Airport officials, rather than surrendering and recognizing the Jewish holiday, opted to take down the Christmas trees. No Hanukkah, no Christmas, no nothing. It's a scorched Earth policy at SeaTac. Generalissimo O'Reilly remains upbeat. Look not on this as a defeat in the war on Christmas. This was a dramatic victory in Billow's new war against Hanukkah."

From the December 11 The O'Reilly Factor:

Bill O'Reilly: "Instead of putting up a Menorah, which any sane person would have done, the Sea-Tac Airport people took down the trees."

O'Reilly: "This is so stupid. All right, so all you wanted, you didn't want 14 Menorahs, you just wanted a Menorah or two, correct?"

Rabbi Elazar Bogomilsky: "We wanted actually one Menorah display amongst, you know, wherever they felt the right place to put it in the airport."

O'Reilly: "Sure. Why not? It's Hanukkah, a Menorah, why not? So these pinheads at Sea-Tac-"

Bogomilsky: "It's more than 'why not.' You have to understand there's over 6,000 Menorah displays throughout the world-"

O'Reilly: "But that's what I'm saying. I'm saying why, there is no reason not to put up a Menorah in the Sea-Tac Airport because Hanukkah is a celebrated holiday, and, you know, Americans of Jewish faith would like to see it, and it's in context, so put it up."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=514390

I say if Christmas is such a bad deal. Then remove it from our calendars and work that day and move on with life! See that will never happen because they or them like free time off it is something to whine about as if they or them don't get enough attention anyways! Screw'em and get over it. I'm having Christmas and I won't go to any stinking Polically Correct Party just to save face and play brown noser.

I say if Christmas is such a bad deal. Then remove it from our calendars and work that day and move on with life! See that will never happen because they or them like free time off it is something to whine about as if they or them don't get enough attention anyways! Screw'em and get over it. I'm having Christmas and I won't go to any stinking Polically Correct Party just to save face and play brown noser.

What these nuts can't understand is that Christmas is a FEDERAL holiday. Pres Grant signed it into law.

The same pinhead libs who are so "offended" over the word Christmas, and Christmas decorations, would be the same ones who would scream if they had to work every Dec 25 for regular wages

What these nuts can't understand is that Christmas is a FEDERAL holiday. Pres Grant signed it into law.

The same pinhead libs who are so "offended" over the word Christmas, and Christmas decorations, would be the same ones who would scream if they had to work every Dec 25 for regular wages

that is my point too! they need to get a life and shut up already because we the people are tired of hearing about it.

that is my point too! they need to get a life and shut up already because we the people are tired of hearing about it.

The people are more then tired of hearing about it

People are starting to fight back.

Say folks, Christmas is coming; time for office parties -- and the Drive-By Media celebrations this year are going to be humdingers!

Who coined the phrase "drive by media"? I'm just curious.

Now, instead of hanging mistletoe at the CNN party, employees will kiss beneath the huge plasma TVs showing videos of American troops being shot by snipers in Iraq.

I'm glad we are not forgetting our troops who are stuck in iraq, away from their families during the holidays.

At the New York Times, instead of hanging stockings, they're going to hang Christmas burkhas embroidered with reporters' names and filled with classified national security secrets.

They must not have been that classified if a newspaper can get a hold of the info.

Reuters going to hand out Photoshop upgrades, with enhanced doctoring capability, so their insurgent stringer photographers can produce better fake war pictures.

ya got me there

The staff at NBC gets a special treat: gift packs of embryos to use for personal stem-cell research.

Nothing is better than the gift of life, or lack thereof.

ABC is giving each employee his or her own waterboard.

That sucks b/c I think Bush already got those for them. Double presents suck b/c then you have to go to the mall to return one of them.

CBS, sadly, canceled their party after they saw the latest ratings for CBS Evening News -- they can't afford it.
Ouch, but hey, picking on the weak is the neocon way of life.

Among this year's hottest gifts for Drive-By Media types are gold bullion "thank you" payoffs -- uh, paperweights -- from Nancy Pelosi and Dingy Harry.

what is a drive-by media type?

Two charm bracelets are in demand, too. One has little gold scissors and tennis shoes -- it's the "cut-and-run" bracelet. The other is the WWOD bracelet: What Would Obama Do?

I would have a response for these, but it's not in conservative nature to give.
But the really big Drive-By Media parties this year will have three special guests in costume. No, not the Three Wise Men. Algore will show up dressed as a Christmas tree; Hillary, as the icicles; and Bill Clinton will be Santa -- so all the female reporters can sit on his lap and get their "jollies."

Hey, they had to parody the Faux, err, Fox News Christmas party which featured Mark Foley dressed as Santa promising that he will give the naughty boys just want they want, Haggart dressed in a very skimpy Mrs Claus outfit, and O'Reilly sporting the classic Scrooge downer apparel, well, actually he didn't even get dressed up at all.

btw: I was about to take an oxycodone tonight but then I thought about Limbaugh, so I passed.

I agree with you. I'm actually ashamed of liberals who frown upon Christmas. Everyone knows that it's actually a Pagan holiday, hence the decorations. Jesus was born in the spring or summer, but if you guys want to celebrate his birth in December that's fine with me. I get a break from school because of it.:thumbs_up:

Libs continue to sneer how there is no war on Christmas.

Yet every year, libs do exactly that.

Bill O'Reilly was mocked last year when he reported on all the examples of libs attacking Christmas. The war continues this year as well.

“BREAKFAST WITH SANTA” BANNED

Catholic League president Bill Donohue commented on the latest entry to the league’s “Christmas Watch” program:

“Every year the Sanfordville PTA in Warwick, New York does a Santa fundraiser at the local elementary school. Called ‘Breakfast with Santa,’ it draws hundreds of kids on a Saturday, all of whom come voluntarily. But because one anonymous bigot objected this year—citing religious discrimination—the event was reworked by school lawyers: there will now be a ‘Winter Wonderland Breakfast.’ Moreover, Santa will now have a partner: Frosty the Snowman has been ordered to join him.

“The bigot, of course, wants no compromise and wants Santa removed altogether. According to Darlene Baratto, who is in charge of the event, ‘We have a beautiful background people can have a picture in front of. That wasn’t good enough. We changed the name, colors, the background. Nothing made her happy. She was not open to anything. We’ll have 300 or so kids who are disappointed.’ Not to worry, school superintendent Dr. Frank Greenhall reassured everyone when he said, ‘If you make it an issue, the kids will make it an issue.’ Now how’s that for leadership? Just shut up and don’t tell the kids why ‘Breakfast with Santa’ has been censored and they won’t know the difference.

“There is nothing in the U.S. Constitution, of course, that bans ‘Breakfast with Santa’ from taking place in a public school. This has nothing to do with the law—it has everything to do with bowing to the pressure of bigots. This is the new utilitarianism: the greatest good for the least number of people. And it is just as immoral as its parent principle—the greatest good for the greatest number of people.

“The community newspaper, the Warwick Advertiser, has a moral obligation to out the person responsible for this exercise in tyranny. Just as residents need to know who the child abusers are in their neighborhood, they need to know who among them would abuse the rights of children to enjoy Santa.”

http://www.catholicleague.com/06press_releases/quarter 4/061129_breakfast_banned.htm

Who coined the phrase "drive by media"? I'm just curious.

btw: I was about to take an oxycodone tonight but then I thought about Limbaugh, so I passed.

CC, this is for you. I know you are such a huge fan of Rush.

We Live In a Tyranny of the Minority

December 12, 2006

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Christmas tree's are going back up at the Sea-Tac airport. "The holiday trees that went away in the middle of the night are back. On Monday night, Port of Seattle staff began putting up the trees they had taken down at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Friday night after a local rabbi requested that a Hanukkah menorah also be displayed. Port officials said the rabbi's lawyer had threatened to imminently file a lawsuit, leaving them with insufficient time to consider all the issues. ... Port of Seattle Commission President Pat Davis said in a statement, 'This has been an unfortunate situation for all of us in Seattle. The rabbi never asked us to remove the trees. It was the Port's decision based on what we knew at the time. We very much appreciate the rabbi's willingness to work with us as we move forward.'

"A menorah will not be displayed this year. Port spokesman Bob Parker said 'we look forward to sitting down after the first of the year with not only Rabbi Bogomilsky but others as well, and finding ways to make sure there's an appropriate winter holiday representation for all faiths. We want to find out a way to celebrate the winter holidays that is sensitive to all faiths.'" So a crisis averted, but it was silly that it happened in the first place, ladies and gentlemen. It's just asinine. This kind of hypersensitivity that's being displayed by people is ultimately a sign of cowardice. I said yesterday that we had a story from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel about a guy down here that is upset that a polling place is a church. Why, he might see a cross in there, a crucifix, why, he saw the Ten Commandments, and he saw that we're all under God when he went into vote. He said, "Whoa, I can't handle this, this is too much!"

What's the fear? If my polling place were a synagogue and I walked into a synagogue and I didn't see any symbols that represent my faith, I wouldn't be afraid, I wouldn't be intimidated, and I certainly wouldn't call somebody and demand that this polling place be closed. Where did all this fear come from? Where did all this squeamishness come from? All this insecurity. That's all this is. How good is your faith if you walk into a church and you see symbols and they threaten your faith if it's not the faith represented by the church? What is this? "Oh, Rush, you're missing the point. This is a subtle attempt by election supervisors to force religion on people." Oh give me a break. That's another sign of insecurity and weakness, trying to force things on people.

You know, we've got a tyranny of the minority going on out there, and I don't care what the minority is. The minority is upset and angry that they're not the majority, and by gosh they're going to turn around and make themselves the majority if they have to. Of course the majority is full of a bunch of guilty people over the fact they are the majority, had nothing to do with it, they just are, and of course they're made to feel guilty and so we have all this meaningless little strife that comes up during a time of year that's supposed to be filled with joy. Now, I know it's not joyful for everybody. Nothing ever is. And because it's not filled with joy for everybody, we've gotten to the point where nobody can experience joy. I'm sorry, that is just perverted and I choose not to participate. I am not going to let a bunch of malcontent weakling, insensitive, insecure cowards rob me of my joy. I don't think any of the rest of us ought to either. Who are these people? They've got problems. Let 'em go seek therapy, let 'em go talk to somebody about whatever problem they've got. But they're running around in this country, thinking they are living under the jackbooted thug of oppression.

So plastic Christmas trees have to come down in an airport, then all hell breaks loose -- pardon the use of the term at this joyful time of year -- and the plastic trees go back up, "Oh, it was all a misunderstanding." It was not a misunderstanding. It was a failed effort by a lawyer to intimidate people who simply didn't play along, and it ended up, as it should have, embarrassing this lawyer who was out trying to oppress, by the way, and who knows, there might have been an attempt to get money in this, certainly fame and notoriety.

END TRANSCRIPT

I would have a response for these, but it's not in conservative nature to give.

CC, you must have missed this atricle I posted on another thread

Or did you ignore it?

Philanthropy Expert: Conservatives Are More Generous
By Frank Brieaddy
Religion News Service

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse University professor Arthur C. Brooks is about to become the darling of the religious right in America -- and it's making him nervous.

The child of academics, raised in a liberal household and educated in the liberal arts, Brooks has written a book that concludes religious conservatives donate far more money than secular liberals to all sorts of charitable activities, irrespective of income.

In the book, he cites extensive data analysis to demonstrate that values advocated by conservatives -- from church attendance and two-parent families to the Protestant work ethic and a distaste for government-funded social services -- make conservatives more generous than liberals.

The book, titled "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism" (Basic Books, $26), is due for release Nov. 24.

When it comes to helping the needy, Brooks writes: "For too long, liberals have been claiming they are the most virtuous members of American society. Although they usually give less to charity, they have nevertheless lambasted conservatives for their callousness in the face of social injustice."

For the record, Brooks, 42, has been registered in the past as a Democrat, then a Republican, but now lists himself as independent, explaining, "I have no comfortable political home."

Since 2003 he has been director of nonprofit studies for Syracuse University's Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.

Outside professional circles, he's best known for his regular op-ed columns in The Wall Street Journal (13 over the past 18 months) on topics that stray a bit from his philanthropy expertise.

One noted that people who drink alcohol moderately are more successful and charitable than those who don't (like him). Another observed that liberals are having fewer babies than conservatives, which will reduce liberals' impact on politics over time because children generally mimic their parents.

Brooks is a behavioral economist by training who researches the relationship between what people do -- aside from their paid work -- why they do it, and its economic impact.

He's a number cruncher who relied primarily on 10 databases assembled over the past decade, mostly from scientific surveys. The data are adjusted for variables such as age, gender, race and income to draw fine-point conclusions.

His Wall Street Journal pieces are researched, but a little light.

His book, he says, is carefully documented to withstand the scrutiny of other academics, which he said he encourages.

The book's basic findings are that conservatives who practice religion, live in traditional nuclear families and reject the notion that the government should engage in income redistribution are the most generous Americans, by any measure.

Conversely, secular liberals who believe fervently in government entitlement programs give far less to charity. They want everyone's tax dollars to support charitable causes and are reluctant to write checks to those causes, even when governments don't provide them with enough money.

Such an attitude, he writes, not only shortchanges the nonprofits but also diminishes the positive fallout of giving, including personal health, wealth and happiness for the donor and overall economic growth.
All of this, he said, he backs up with statistical analysis.

"These are not the sort of conclusions I ever thought I would reach when I started looking at charitable giving in graduate school, 10 years ago," he writes in the introduction. "I have to admit I probably would have hated what I have to say in this book."

Still, he says it forcefully, pointing out that liberals give less than conservatives in every way imaginable, including volunteer hours and donated blood.

In an interview, Brooks said he recognizes the need for government entitlement programs, such as welfare. But in the book he finds fault with all sorts of government social spending, including entitlements.

Repeatedly he cites and disputes a line from a Ralph Nader speech to the NAACP in 2000: "A society that has more justice is a society that needs less charity."

Harvey Mansfield, professor of government at Harvard University and 2004 recipient of the National Humanities Medal, does not know Brooks personally but has read the book.

"His main finding is quite startling, that the people who talk the most about caring actually fork over the least," he said. "But beyond this finding I thought his analysis was extremely good, especially for an economist. He thinks very well about the reason for this and reflects about politics and morals in a way most economists do their best to avoid."

Brooks says he started the book as an academic treatise, then tightened the documentation and punched up the prose when his colleagues and editor convinced him it would sell better and generate more discussion if he did.

To make his point forcefully, Brooks admits he cut out a lot of qualifying information.

"I know I'm going to get yelled at a lot with this book," he said. "But when you say something big and new, you're going to get yelled at."

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/204/story_20419_1.html

I read the survey, but since it was such poorly constructed and illogically performed I decided to discredit it.

RSR-out of all the comebacks I posted, you could only find one to pick at? I'm flattered.

I read the survey, but since it was such poorly constructed and illogically performed I decided to discredit it.

RSR-out of all the comebacks I posted, you could only find one to pick at? I'm flattered.

Of curse you dismiss it. It proves what conservatives have said for years. Libs are very generous with other peoples money

Don't flatter yourself son. I can only to respond to so many posts

Forum List

Back