Christmas Dinner

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Ok. I have 3 different directions to go this year. I have either Christmas or Christmas Eve will be lasagna. I've already made the sauce. I have no idea what to cook for Christmas Eve. What are you all making?

Leftovers from Thanksgiving

1607188004777.png

What do you serve for the big feast? I'm toying with something super easy on Christmas Eve. What kind of dips do you serve?

Because I have to brown 5/6 different meats (Sweet and Hot Italian sausage, meatballs, chicken and ribs) and simmer it in the sauce for a couple of hours. It's easier if I do the sauce on one day and then freeze it for later. I don't use bottled sauce like Prego. Technically, you don't serve the meats cooked in the sauce on the same day/meal using the sauce. We did it growing up but my mother wanted us to understand that it was highly frowned upon.

Ok. I have 3 different directions to go this year. I have either Christmas or Christmas Eve will be lasagna. I've already made the sauce. I have no idea what to cook for Christmas Eve. What are you all making?

Christmas eve with us was traditionally some fish dish, usually fried smelt.

I have done lasagna for Christmas and it was well received. Since I missed TG this year I got to have a turkey at least.

Have you ever made turducken? Stuff a turkey with a duck and stuff the duck with a chicken. I never tried but a friend did. Bet that duck in the middle makes the turk and chick juicy!

Our Christmas eve tradition has been linguini with clams. The last couple years it's been harder to get fresh clams. This year I'm thinking linguini with walleye would be even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Christmas eve tradition has been linguini with calms. The last couple years it's been harder to get fresh clams. This year I'm thinking linguini with walleye would be even better.

How would you cook that?

I admit, I'm looking for ideas too, but it's just the two of us.

Our Christmas eve tradition has been linguini with calms. The last couple years it's been harder to get fresh clams. This year I'm thinking linguini with walleye would be even better.

How would you cook that?

I like to poach the fish in white wine or vermouth. Add to the cooked pasta a little olive oil and a little red pepper, the fish, some parmesan on top and serve! Wonderful.

How would you cook that?

I like to poach the fish in white wine or vermouth then add them to the pasta. Add to the cooked pasta a little olive oil and a little red pepper, some parmesan on top and serve! Wonderful.
That does sound good!

Christmas eve with us was traditionally some fish dish, usually fried smelt.

I have done lasagna for Christmas and it was well received. Since I missed TG this year I got to have a turkey at least.

Have you ever made turducken? Stuff a turkey with a duck and stuff the duck with a chicken. I never tried but a friend did. Bet that duck in the middle makes the turk and chick juicy!
We did that for Thanksgiving last year. I thought it would be really juicy but it wasn't. It had cornbread stuffing in it.

I haven't had smelt since I left Chicago. I doubt that I could even find it here.

We were supposed to do an Irish Christmas dinner before everything got cancelled. I got us all Irish t-shirts and all that. I guess I could still do that but do a Guinness stew with brown bread and call it a day.

Typically fish and shellfish.

We usually have shrimp, linguini with clams, lobster tails, stuffed mushrooms, and chicken for the kids.

Forum List

Back