Christmas Creep or are Retailers trying to cut losses?

This thread is MY OPINION:

This is the Home Depot in Elko, Nevada a week ago.

View attachment 705362

This scene has repeated itself nationwide since mid-September. Just two years ago Christmas was not put out until after Halloween. SO, what's up with this? Is it just creep or is there more to this?

Anyone who has worked in retail can tell you that Christmas orders are made in the Jan-March times span of that year. Our economy was not yet in free fall. Now we have retailers with piles of stock and the very real possibility they will be unable to sell it.

Stores ordered their stocks almost a year ago. Now with the economy in full recession these retailers are worried they will be unable to sell their wares and have to eat the loss. Walmart is not even hiring holiday staff. Home depot is allowing attrition to lower their staff numbers. Target and other retailers are doing much the same.

Holliday staples such as turkey and other common foods are in very short supply. Our food chain is irrepealably damaged due to the Biden war on fuels and energy. Meet producers have killed off produce to keep themselves solvent. Our open border is taxing our food supplies and the public assistance coffers to the point of insolvency.

Tell Biden and Democrats thank you. It's not holiday creep its retailers trying to survive in a plummeting and shrinking economy.

Elections have consequences folks. Remember that in November.

This is not new at all. I remember 3 years ago my wife going "OMG, it is not even Halloween yet and they have the Christmas stuff out".

But it is cute of you to try and blame this on Biden!

I think many people are starting to figure out Christmas shopping is a scam. Just celebrate the holiday no gifts are needed. That wouldn't hurt the economy if it happened.

New Topics

Forum List

Back