Christie NOT Running. Cites Perry Performance As One Reason

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Looks like it's between Romney and Perry.......

Many Republicans — including a group of billionaires — have been trying to get Christie to run for months, promising his campaign would be fully funded and staffed.

But Christie feared he was not well-versed enough in the issues of the day to enter the race so late, looking at Rick Perry's recent missteps as a warning, rather than an opportunity sources said.

Last year Christie expressed frustration that the rumors of his candidacy wouldn't stop: "Short of suicide, I don't really know what I'd have to do to convince you people that I'm not running," he said. "I'm not running!"

CHRISTIE'S OUT: Brother Says New Jersey Governor Has Made Up His Mind

Many Republicans — including a group of billionaires — have been trying to get Christie to run for months, promising his campaign would be fully funded and staffed.

But Christie feared he was not well-versed enough in the issues of the day to enter the race so late, looking at Rick Perry's recent missteps as a warning, rather than an opportunity sources said.

Last year Christie expressed frustration that the rumors of his candidacy wouldn't stop: "Short of suicide, I don't really know what I'd have to do to convince you people that I'm not running," he said. "I'm not running!"

No kidding. I think the same thing happened to Rick Perry. He was pressured by so many to jump into this race--he did it. As we see he looks like a deer in the headlights on many issues--and is just not PRIME TIME ready to run for POTUS.

Christie recognizes that and is smart enough to stay out of the fray.

Anyone on the Republican side with serious aspirations is thinking 2016 at this point... As if the joke of a lineup they've got isn't proof... :rolleyes:

businessinsider.com/brother-says-chris-christie-is-not-running-for-president-2011-9]CHRISTIE'S OUT: Brother Says New Jersey Governor Has Made Up His Mind[/url]

So happy to hear that Christie is not running, he reminds of George Wallace back in the day. We definitely don't need another one like him. At least Christie is honest in stating that he don't feel he well versed enough on the issues that will confront the duties and responsibilities of a President. It is a HUGE responsibility, and I comment President Obama for keeping his head (and his guard) up and persevering amidst all the opposition he is receiving as he attempts to get matters done. He must be growing weary of all the in-fighting that is going on between the Senate and the House. :talktothehand:

No kidding. I think the same thing happened to Rick Perry. He was pressured by so many to jump into this race--he did it. As we see he looks like a deer in the headlights on many issues--and is just not PRIME TIME ready to run for POTUS.

And you have to wonder how that's making Perry feel reading that. :redface:

I can see now that there may be some bad blood between them in the 2016 GOP primaary once Obama finishes up his 2nd term.

I can see now that there may be some bad blood between them in the 2016 GOP primaary once Obama finishes up his 2nd term.

There wont be an Obama 2nd Term

Why are you dying before Nov 6th 2012? Just because you are gone his reelection will still count.

Why are you dying before Nov 6th 2012? Just because you are gone his reelection will still count.

Because it's extremely unlikely that America is going to vote Obama back into office with his Abysmal performance thus far.

The man can't lead a group of hobos out of a paper bag let alone this nation.

Because it's extremely unlikely that America is going to vote Obama back into office with his Abysmal performance thus far.

According to who? You? :lol: He had the most successful legislative accomplishments of any President in over a generation in his first two years. He inherited a lousy economy, only surpassed in magnitude by the Great Depression. Your blaming the firefighter for not putting out the fire in the manner and speed that you want :rolleyes:

Question: How long did it take to get out of the Great Depression? After you answer that you'll get an idea of how long it will take to get out of the current, WORLDWIDE recession given that it is only surpassed in magnitude by the aforementioned.

Governor Christie was wise to not run on account of Perry's record, all right.

Last time I looked, Perry's job record is better than any of the other states did. Perry and his staff managed to eke out 50% of all American jobs going to the state of Texas, and the total combination of all the other states was 50%--all together. The average is one percent apiece against Rick Perry's total of fifty percent all by himself.

Perry is in a class all by himself on employment. This guy believes in giving people jobs to live on. So what if he had a major back surgery two months ago and isn't up to snuff on silver-tongued stuff. The fact remains: Rick Perry's strength, motto, and speech is:

You're Hired

All you have to do is hire him as your President. It's just that simple.

According to who? You? :lol: He had the most successful legislative accomplishments of any President in over a generation in his first two years. He inherited a lousy economy, only surpassed in magnitude by the Great Depression. Your blaming the firefighter for not putting out the fire in the manner and speed that you want :rolleyes:

Question: How long did it take to get out of the Great Depression? After you answer that you'll get an idea of how long it will take to get out of the current, WORLDWIDE recession given that it is only surpassed in magnitude by the aforementioned.

How long did it take to get out of the Depression of 1920, which was worse than the Great Depression?

The reason this is taking so long is the same reason it took so long to get out of the Great Depression: Government interference.

It's not a coincidence that Barack Obama does the same thing as Hoover/FDR and the Recession lasts for years.

Learn some history sometime.

Governor Christie was wise to not run on account of Perry's record, all right.

Last time I looked, Perry's job record is better than any of the other states did. Perry and his staff managed to eke out 50% of all American jobs going to the state of Texas, and the total combination of all the other states was 50%--all together. The average is one percent apiece against Rick Perry's total of fifty percent all by himself.

Perry is in a class all by himself on employment. This guy believes in giving people jobs to live on. So what if he had a major back surgery two months ago and isn't up to snuff on silver-tongued stuff. The fact remains: Rick Perry's strength, motto, and speech is:

You're Hired

All you have to do is hire him as your President. It's just that simple.

Christie was hesitant because or Perry's PERFORMANCE. He saw what can happen when you're not ready for the "big time". He saw what can happen when you're clueless. He saw what can happen when you have a dismal record to run on. He saw what can happen when you don't know shit about foreign policy. He saw what can happen when you don't have a plan. Perry is all of this and more.

Ya....Perry's in a class all by himself alright. :eusa_whistle:

Hire him for POTUS? Don't make me laugh. He can't even win a debate.

How long did it take to get out of the Depression of 1920, which was worse than the Great Depression?

The reason this is taking so long is the same reason it took so long to get out of the Great Depression: Government interference.

It's not a coincidence that Barack Obama does the same thing as Hoover/FDR and the Recession lasts for years.

Learn some history sometime.

How long did it take you to rewrite history? Giving a POTUS 4 TERMS is a clear example of a failed presidency alright. :lol:

Besides, isn't Obama doing just what you proposed?

Obama to scale back regulations in effort to spur economic growth - Government & Elections News - AARP Bulletin

That's an ominous remark!

Christie could easily be termed a moderate anyway & the t-partiers want a fire-=breathing, preacher-type. :
Will Chris Christie Be the Conservatives' Savior? Don't Bet on It - Yahoo! News
But it wouldn't be long before conservative voters came to learn about candidate Christie's many conservative heresies. On illegal immigration, for instance, Christie has called for "an orderly process... for people to gain citizenship," and groused about "demagoguery" on the issue. He supported the federal assault weapons ban, and in 2009 his campaign called it a "lie" for Democrats say that Christie "stands with" the National Rifle Association. He has praised Obama's education reform agenda, calling Education Secretary Arne Dunan "a great ally" on the issue. Christie has also said he believes human activity "plays a contributing role" in global warming (though he did pull New Jersey out of a regional cap-and-trade system), and that he "couldn't agree more" with President Obama's emphasis on green energy. Christie even bashed his 2009 opponent, Democratic governor John Corzine, for not delivering subsidies to the state's solar power manufacturers - a particularly awkward position given the GOP's fixation with the Solyndra bankruptcy.

Christie aint that bad compared to the knee-jerk, rightie base who were egged-on by the so-called "ground zero mosque" by right-wing, media. The same media that brought us the "terrist fist jab" :rolleyes:
Will Chris Christie Be the Conservatives' Savior? Don't Bet on It - Yahoo! News
Last, and certainly not least, is perhaps the most emotional issue for conservatives: Islam and the war on terror. On this score, Christie sounds practically like a liberal blogger. Last summer he chided opponents of the Ground Zero mosque for "overreacting" to the threat of Islamic terrorism. He appointed a state judge who is a Muslim, and denounced people who worry about creeping Sharia law in America as "crazies." (See pictures of Muslims in America.)

Forum List

Back