*Christie Expects Payola From Obama Now*

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. I knew this Gov. Christie, was a phony, he says right off the bat, a few hours after the hurricane dud passed, it wasn't anywhere as bad as the forecasters said it would be, claims that his state has had 10's of billions of damages, and is close to asking for it from Obama.
2. I shit you not!!!!!!
New Jersey governor Christie expects storm damage in billions - Yahoo! News

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said on Sunday that he expects damages from Hurricane Irene to run into the billions of dollars along the state's Atlantic coast and from inland river flooding.

"I've got to imagine that the damage estimates are going to be in the billions of dollars, if not in the tens of billions of dollars," Christie said in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" program.

He said state damage assessments along the coast would begin Sunday afternoon but that inland damage may not become obvious until river flooding subsides as late as Tuesday."

3. This Gov. Christie is a RINO folks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Not surprisingly, I see no mention of Christie expecting payola from Obama in the cited article.

That, again, not surprisingly, would make the OP a liar.

Sorry bout that,

1. I knew this Gov. Christie, was a phony, he says right off the bat, a few hours after the hurricane dud passed, it wasn't anywhere as bad as the forecasters said it would be, claims that his state has had 10's of billions of damages, and is close to asking for it from Obama.
2. I shit you not!!!!!!

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said on Sunday that he expects damages from Hurricane Irene to run into the billions of dollars along the state's Atlantic coast and from inland river flooding.

"I've got to imagine that the damage estimates are going to be in the billions of dollars, if not in the tens of billions of dollars," Christie said in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" program.

He said state damage assessments along the coast would begin Sunday afternoon but that inland damage may not become obvious until river flooding subsides as late as Tuesday."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

THE LINKED ARTICLE STATES THIS--AND no-WHERE IN THIS ARTICLE DOES IT SUGGEST THAT CHRISTIE IS ASKING FOR FEDERAL DOLLARS.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said on Sunday that he expects damages from Hurricane Irene to run into the billions of dollars along the state's Atlantic coast and from inland river flooding.

He said state damage assessments along the coast would begin Sunday afternoon but that inland damage may not become obvious until river flooding subsides as late as Tuesday.
(Reporting by David Morgan; Editing by Bill Trott)

All Governor's will assess damage INCLUDING personal property damage--which homeowners insurance policies pay for--and not the Federal Government.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

How much have the feds expropriated from New Jersey taxpayers, ostensibly for their own good?

Is it not only *ahem* fair for the governor of any state to recoup those funds for his citizens?

1. I knew these *Fuckchops* would rip off the *American Tax Payers*.
2. This storm was peanuts.
3. And we will *all* get to see how the *liberal muckity mucks* roll.
4. This is a great opportunity to milk *America Tax Payers*, never let a disaster go to waste folks!
5. Even a *phony disaster*.:eusa_hand:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

2. I shit you not!!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

THE LINKED ARTICLE STATES THIS--AND no-WHERE IN THIS ARTICLE DOES IT SUGGEST THAT CHRISTIE IS ASKING FOR FEDERAL DOLLARS.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said on Sunday that he expects damages from Hurricane Irene to run into the billions of dollars along the state's Atlantic coast and from inland river flooding.

He said state damage assessments along the coast would begin Sunday afternoon but that inland damage may not become obvious until river flooding subsides as late as Tuesday.
(Reporting by David Morgan; Editing by Bill Trott)

All Governor's will assess damage INCLUDING personal property damage--which homeowners insurance policies pay for--and not the Federal Government.

1. But, *he will*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Not surprisingly, I see no mention of Christie expecting payola from Obama in the cited article.

1. Its not in the article, *wait for it*.
2. Its coming.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Have you liberals never heard of PERSONAL PROPERTY DAMAGE? Personal property is covered by the owners property insurance--NOT THE Federal Government.

So if roofs were ripped off--the private insurer covers the cost of replacement--DA DUH. The ONLY time taxpayers eat it--is if a property is covered by national flood insurance--if the property is not covered by national flood insurance--the owner of that property has to pay out of pocket to repair the damage.

That is why New Orleans still looks the way it does--and years after Katrina. Hardly any of those people had home-owners or national flood insurance.

Last edited:
“I cannot stress this highly enough: If you are in the projected path of this hurricane, you have to take precautions now,” Obama said. “Don’t wait. Don’t delay.”

“All of us have to take this storm seriously,” he said. “If you’re in the way of this hurricane, you should be preparing now.” He said all indications “point to this being a historic hurricane.”

Obama Tells East Coast Residents to Prepare for

Thank God it wasn't a historical disaster!!!

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

2. Its coming.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Dude... you're psychotic... not psychic.

1. Dude, you hide and watch.:eusa_hand:
2. We all know a *tropical storm doesn't do 10 billion dollars worth of damages.
3. Shoot high, accept low, 1 billion.
4. Which is way over inflated itself.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chess...

if other states go to the feds too, are they expecting payola from Obama? Or is it just Christie in NJ who would fall into that category?

Federal government to help reimburse states for Irene damage | Reuters
Maryland said the federal government will reimburse the state for 75 percent of what it spends on emergency preparedness and the immediate response to the storm...

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said the cost to the state would be high, but mitigated by a federal disaster relief declaration...

Obama has declared Virginia was in an emergency, but the state was not certain it had enough damage to meet criteria for a major disaster, which would send it extra federal funds.

You libs are just wrong on everything.

It is not a contradiction to be for smaller government and less spending, yet want Federal Aid for your state in a disaster. See things like Disaster relief, National Defense, those are the things our fed government exists for, If our Fed was not spending Trillions of dollars on failing Social Programs, and entitlements, and retarded studies into which Frogs fuck the most. It would not be a problem for it to provide Economic Aid to states in the wake of a National Disaster.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

2. Its coming.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Dude... you're psychotic... not psychic.

1. Dude, you hide and watch.:eusa_hand:
2. We all know a *tropical storm doesn't do 10 billion dollars worth of damages.
3. Shoot high, accept low, 1 billion.
4. Which is way over inflated itself.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

We get 100 mile an hour wind blowing through Boulder, CO every now and then. Roof damage YES--but private insurers cover that.

I doubt that Christie will even find a million dollars of damage within his state--and 99% of that will be covered by private insurers.

PLUS--He didn't ask for FEDERAL DOLLARS in this ARTICLE. He has to assess personal property damage also.

Hurricane Irene: FEMA, federal agencies ramp up - The Federal Eye - The Washington Post

President Obama has signed emergency declarations for New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Rhode Island and New Hampshire after declaring similar emergencies in North Carolina and Puerto Rico earlier in the week.

A federal emergency declaration means states can quickly apply to the Federal Emergency Management Agency for funding to help pay for emergency services in the days after a storm. Later, states will apply for federal disaster declarations, to receive funding for repairs to roads, public buildings, water treatment plants and electrical grids, among other services.
New York... Dem Gov.
Mass......... Dem Gov.
Conn......... Dem Gov.
NJ............. Rep Gov.
VA............ Rep Gov.
MD........... Dem Gov.
RI............ Ind Gov.
NH........... Dem Gov.

Gee... I wonder which two states chess will claim are expecting Payola from Obama.

Sorry bout that,

Hurricane Irene: FEMA, federal agencies ramp up - The Federal Eye - The Washington Post

President Obama has signed emergency declarations for New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Rhode Island and New Hampshire after declaring similar emergencies in North Carolina and Puerto Rico earlier in the week.

A federal emergency declaration means states can quickly apply to the Federal Emergency Management Agency for funding to help pay for emergency services in the days after a storm. Later, states will apply for federal disaster declarations, to receive funding for repairs to roads, public buildings, water treatment plants and electrical grids, among other services.
New York... Dem Gov.
Mass......... Dem Gov.
Conn......... Dem Gov.
NJ............. Rep Gov.
VA............ Rep Gov.
MD........... Dem Gov.
RI............ Ind Gov.
NH........... Dem Gov.

Gee... I wonder which two states chess will claim are expecting Payola from Obama.

1. They are *all* *liberal muckity muck* governors, all of the east coast is *liberal muckity mucks* some in closet, some out.
2. Some are just *play pretending*.
3. *FACT*!
4. All will fall in line.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

“I cannot stress this highly enough: If you are in the projected path of this hurricane, you have to take precautions now,” Obama said. “Don’t wait. Don’t delay.”

“All of us have to take this storm seriously,” he said. “If you’re in the way of this hurricane, you should be preparing now.” He said all indications “point to this being a historic hurricane.”

Obama Tells East Coast Residents to Prepare for

Thank God it wasn't a historical disaster!!!

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Officials are telling hundreds of people to leave their homes in Vermont and a utility is considering flooding the state's capital to save a dam amid heavy rain from Tropical Storm Irene.
Vt. residents below dam being evacuated - Yahoo! News

Just your average God blessed storm.

You libs are just wrong on everything.

It is not a contradiction to be for smaller government and less spending, yet want Federal Aid for your state in a disaster. See things like Disaster relief, National Defense, those are the things our fed government exists for, If our Fed was not spending Trillions of dollars on failing Social Programs, and entitlements, and retarded studies into which Frogs fuck the most. It would not be a problem for it to provide Economic Aid to states in the wake of a National Disaster.

Who are you talking to?

No "liberals" have posted in this thread so far....

New Topics

Forum List

Back