Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I never vote my faith

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
I'm going to try to post a poll but I've never done it so bear with me.

The question is, do you vote your faith?

1. Yes, I always vote my faith
2. I vote my faith on some issues (clarify)
3. I never vote my faith and only use reason and logic in the voting booth

Just another leftist thread looking to take shots at Christianity. Nothing to see here folks!

Christians, Do you Vote Your Faith

Christians, just like everyone else, live vote in between the Ideal and the Real.

Think of the KKK and the far left Christians.

I have no idea what you mean by "voting your faith".

It sounds like Saul Alinksy's Rules for Radicals #4

RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)

That can be followed closely by Rule #5

* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

I have no idea what you mean by "voting your faith".

It sounds like Saul Alinksy's Rules for Radicals #4

RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)

That can be followed closely by Rule #5

* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

Sounds exactly what the wing nut far right does: so you are the Saul Alinksy of the Far Right.

What is Voting your Faith: does you vote match your ideals.

Thanks, I'll wait for the OP to say what she meant.

It could mean different things. It could mean do you vote in order to promote your faith, do you vote for people who share your faith, or do you vote in accordance with your faith.

It's quite clear.

Do you walk the walk with your vote to match your talk.

I'll wait for the person who actually posted the poll to clarify, if you don't mind.

I'm going to try to post a poll but I've never done it so bear with me.

The question is, do you vote your faith?

1. Yes, I always vote my faith
2. I vote my faith on some issues (clarify)
3. I never vote my faith and only use reason and logic in the voting booth

You are assuming that reason and logic are antagonistic to faith. That right there puts this in troll thread territory.

Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eye

Everyone votes based on their faith. No matter what that faith is. That beginning portion of that sentence is true no matter your religion. The rest is "but The Lord weighs the heart."

So no matter your faith or your beliefs or whatever you want to call it, we all vote our conscience.

Romans 2:13-15
(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Even those that never hear the Law (or the Word, so to speak) will be judged by their hearts and their actions. Christianity does not condemn those who haven't heard the law, as Oprah might have you believe. So in the end I guess we all vote our faiths or our interpretation of what is right.

Just another leftist thread looking to take shots at Christianity. Nothing to see here folks!

Not pot shots...seeking understanding.

Put it another way..... Do you generally tend to vote for or against your conscience? Why? What is the effect of peer pressure? Popularity? Is it more important to make a stand or to fit in?

Forum List

Back