Christians and The Bible

Muslim75

Nov 23, 2014
Dakar
I am Muslim.

Christians read the Bible, more or less frequently. The clergy reads the Bible and the Popes read the Bible. If the Bible is a holy book, it should make its readers holy. This is the purpose of a holy book. Regular and continuous reading of the Bible ought to make one become holy. By holy, I mean the kind of man that the Church will point to saying this is a holy man, a holy Christian, a saint. The problem is, even the popes are not saints. This is no surprise because one can not possibly seriously consider the Bible to be true, this book that dates back 2000 years and claiming to be holy.

The only reason Muslims rely on the Holy Qur'an (the word of God revealed to Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family, not the word of Muhammad) is because the Qur'an stipulated from the beginning that this holy book would be forever protected from corruption. The only reason Muslims rely on the Holy Hadiths (the holy sayings of Muhammad) is because it was stipulated from the beginning that the life of Muhammad would be very well recorded, as he comes as the last prophet, the Seal of the prophets. That is why we have such many reliable and uncorrupted Hadiths available today.

Reading a book will not make you holy, it's how well you adhere to the philosophy that one attains holiness....No God that is loving and just would advocate the spreading of that message by violent means to the end....

I am Muslim.

No kidding.
Why do you have a Chapter of Mary in the Quran? Why do you endlessly talk about Jews and Christians in the Quran. Your book is no more from the God of the Universe as the Bible is, Muhammad took stories and made them his own

Reading the Bible doesn't make one Holy. Being cleaned by the blood of Jesus Christ and yielding to the enticings of the Holy Spirit does.

nor does reading Qur'an make you holy, unless you count the bullet holes that end up in the jihadists who fail.

you don't become Holy by reading a book. You become Holy when God transforms you into a more Christ like person.

I am Muslim.

Christians read the Bible, more or less frequently. The clergy reads the Bible and the Popes read the Bible. If the Bible is a holy book, it should make its readers holy. This is the purpose of a holy book. Regular and continuous reading of the Bible ought to make one become holy. By holy, I mean the kind of man that the Church will point to saying this is a holy man, a holy Christian, a saint. The problem is, even the popes are not saints. This is no surprise because one can not possibly seriously consider the Bible to be true, this book that dates back 2000 years and claiming to be holy..

Yea, we can see on the news how holy Muslim fanatics are after constantly reading the Quran.

The only reason Muslims rely on the Holy Qur'an (the word of God revealed to Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family, not the word of Muhammad) is because the Qur'an stipulated from the beginning that this holy book would be forever protected from corruption. The only reason Muslims rely on the Holy Hadiths (the holy sayings of Muhammad) is because it was stipulated from the beginning that the life of Muhammad would be very well recorded, as he comes as the last prophet, the Seal of the prophets. That is why we have such many reliable and uncorrupted Hadiths available today.

You are forgetting the four versions that were thrown away by Caliph Uthman, and do not forget the pages eaten by a goat.

I am Muslim.

Christians read the Bible, more or less frequently. The clergy reads the Bible and the Popes read the Bible. If the Bible is a holy book, it should make its readers holy. This is the purpose of a holy book. Regular and continuous reading of the Bible ought to make one become holy. By holy, I mean the kind of man that the Church will point to saying this is a holy man, a holy Christian, a saint. The problem is, even the popes are not saints. This is no surprise because one can not possibly seriously consider the Bible to be true, this book that dates back 2000 years and claiming to be holy..

Yea, we can see on the news how holy Muslim fanatics are after constantly reading the Quran.

You are forgetting the four versions that were thrown away by Caliph Uthman, and do not forget the pages eaten by a goat.

which is precisely why I think they declared Mohammad the last prophet. Because that way id he actually was inspired and they corrupted the Qur'an God couldn't correct it

I am glad that we agree.

I did say that reading the Holy Qur'an or the Holy Hadiths (the sayings of Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family, like the Bukhari collections) will make one holy. By reading I mean serious reading, not story-telling reading. If you doubt what I mean by holy, please re-read the opening post, where I talk about holiness.

Since you are an infidel, Muslim75, do understand you are for grins and chuckles only.

Muslim75, don't expect to persuade anyone to convert to Islam with your nonsensical arguments.

In 2015, 1400 years after the Qur'an was revealed by God to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), Christians still read the Bible and actually claim it is holy. If it were holy, continuous reading of it would make one holy and saintly. The Qur'an and the Hadiths (the sayings of Muhammad) read continously have made people holy and saintly for 14 centuries. Christianity needs to be reformed, so that billions of Christians worldwide may come to real life.

In 2015, 1400 years after the Qur'an was revealed by God to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), Christians still read the Bible and actually claim it is holy. If it were holy, continuous reading of it would make one holy and saintly. The Qur'an and the Hadiths (the sayings of Muhammad) read continously have made people holy and saintly for 14 centuries. Christianity needs to be reformed, so that billions of Christians worldwide may come to real life.

You keep saying that reading the Bible should make one holy. It cannot, as attested to by many atheists who cull bits and pieces out of it in vain attempts to discredit it. Only God Himself can make a person holy. Reading His Word will make you more aware of His will and His love, but it won't make you holy.

This is the biggest lie of this thread: "The Qur'an and the Hadiths (the sayings of Muhammad) read continously have made people holy and saintly for 14 centuries." To the contrary, such reading has created a bloodthirsty caste of religious-crazed killers.

Do you think all Muslims are holy or that no Christians are holy? Look around you and you'll see that is nonsense. The Bible existed for over 1,000 years before Muhammad, were there no holy men?

Stating something you want to believe is fact does not make it so.

The problem is what is rational.

An agnostic is not going to accept "slay all the Canaanites" as rational except in the world view of the true believer.

gods/ religion/ and savagery are product of time and geography. During the dark ages the christian savages were busy torturing an burning non Christians in europe and the new world. It wasn't until the enlightenment was Christianity defanged and declawed and made to heel . The same must be done to islam

I am Muslim.

Christians read the Bible, more or less frequently. The clergy reads the Bible and the Popes read the Bible. If the Bible is a holy book, it should make its readers holy. This is the purpose of a holy book. Regular and continuous reading of the Bible ought to make one become holy. By holy, I mean the kind of man that the Church will point to saying this is a holy man, a holy Christian, a saint. The problem is, even the popes are not saints. This is no surprise because one can not possibly seriously consider the Bible to be true, this book that dates back 2000 years and claiming to be holy.

The Quran is nothing but a book of lies perpetrated by a lying pedophile.

Forum List

Back