“Christians Against Dinosaurs”

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Irate Christian parent: ‘I am getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children’

Scott Kaufman
13 Feb 2015 at 09:05 ET
FacebookTwitterMore

Dinosaur and Cave-boy's dreamy adventure (Shutterstock)

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

A user on the parenting forum Mumsnet has been banned for hijacking conversations with complaints about “the dinosaur hoax” and its effects on children, KTRK reports.

Writing under the name “CADministry” — “CAD” being a reference to a Facebook advocacy group to which the writer belongs called “Christians Against Dinosaurs” — the mother began by complaining that “I am getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children.”

“Something needs to be done,” she continued. “The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?”

The complaint is so outlandish at times that many believe it to be a hoax. CADministry wrote, for example, that dinosaurs “lack family values,” and by way of demonstration, recounted an instance at her “children’s school, [in which] several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs) became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face.”

She also claimed to have disowned her sister, who “foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaur toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house, I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children’s former aunt.”

If the group is a hoax, however, it is a convincing one. CADministry has been spreading her gospel in other online forums, and “Christians Against Dinosaurs” has a YouTube channel featuring videos dating back months in which a woman explains how “the dinosaur hoax” has been perpetrated.

Stupidity this extreme is just plain scary and I hope its a hoax.

lol. This is what happens when mouth-breathers shack up. Its also why the GOP can so easily get them to vote against their own interests, :up: they're idiots :D

dinosaurpalin.jpg

Irate Christian parent: ‘I am getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children’

Scott Kaufman
13 Feb 2015 at 09:05 ET
FacebookTwitterMore

Dinosaur and Cave-boy's dreamy adventure (Shutterstock)

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

A user on the parenting forum Mumsnet has been banned for hijacking conversations with complaints about “the dinosaur hoax” and its effects on children, KTRK reports.

Writing under the name “CADministry” — “CAD” being a reference to a Facebook advocacy group to which the writer belongs called “Christians Against Dinosaurs” — the mother began by complaining that “I am getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children.”

“Something needs to be done,” she continued. “The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?”

The complaint is so outlandish at times that many believe it to be a hoax. CADministry wrote, for example, that dinosaurs “lack family values,” and by way of demonstration, recounted an instance at her “children’s school, [in which] several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs) became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face.”

She also claimed to have disowned her sister, who “foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaur toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house, I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children’s former aunt.”

If the group is a hoax, however, it is a convincing one. CADministry has been spreading her gospel in other online forums, and “Christians Against Dinosaurs” has a YouTube channel featuring videos dating back months in which a woman explains how “the dinosaur hoax” has been perpetrated.

Stupidity this extreme is just plain scary and I hope its a hoax.

Dinosaurs lack family values? News to me. Didn't they get rather irrate in one of the Jurassic Park sequels when people took their eggs? :)

Fight the anti-Christian atheists who are encouraging bad images for our children. Join this group!

schools: Stop filling kids' heads with dinosaurs Technically Incorrect: Insisting that dinosaurs are a 19th century invention and caused one child to become 'bestially-minded,' Christians Against Dinosaurs posts its displeasure on a popular parenting site. But surely this is satire.

Christian group to schools Stop filling kids heads with dinosaurs - CNET

I posted this a few days ago in Religion.

The thumpers accused me of being a commie or sumthin.

Whoever these misguided Christians are, they are a tiny minority among practicing Christians. Christian scientists have no problem with dinosaurs.

This is so stupid it's unbelievable

and what worse is it's unbelievable Jakie decided to post it

please spare you acting as if: all Christains are stupid freaks

This is so stupid it's unbelievable

and what worse is it's unbelievable Jakie decided to post it

please spare you acting as if: all Christains are stupid freaks
Only you said that. We are referring to the small minority of far right evangelical, fundamentalist, and Pentecostal heretics who have trouble with evolution.

Forum List

Back