Christianity in a Nutshell

We do know for sure that the Earth will end in a few billion years when the Sun dies. Although I do suppose crazies could put an end to all life on Earth if they decide to go on a Nuclear rampage. But sure, I think in the Christian world it is taught in every generation that it is the end times. That is a good selling point to keep followers and religion is highly profitable.
Indeed, every generation likes to think of itself as that generation. They like to think of themselves as involved in the apocalypse somehow, to the exclusion of the apostles and the generation that Jesus and Paul addressed.

In the end, the Bible is about them and not the apostles.

“If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Does freedom come with immersion in a theology that Christians don't comprehend? That they shrug off as something that "surpasses their understanding," as they like to say?

Because that's what they do.
The thread title uses the term "nutshell". That means reduced to the most reduced essence. If anything does that, it is the provided quotation.
One may elaborate infinitely.
Wow, it's like you don't even need the rest of the Bible. Any new-age guru can say the same thing.

Now can you put Christianity - in its "most reduced essence" - in its biblical contexts?

Last edited:
What logic is there in believing in an all powerful all knowing being when there is no evidence that such a being exists?
I think the existence of our universe, the earth, and all life on earth is evidence enough of God

What logic is there in believing in an all powerful all knowing being when there is no evidence that such a being exists?
I think the existence of our universe, the earth, and all life on earth is evidence enough of God

The fact the we don't know the cause is no reason to make one up.

Just say we don't yet understand how the universe came to be

The fact the we don't know the cause is no reason to make one up.
If you admit you dont know, how can you be so sure that on one knows?

No human knows.

If we did there would be no more arguments or speculations.

I am of the opinion that we might never actually know how the universe came to be because we are incapable of the the thought processes required. Just like my dogs will never be able to comprehend prime numbers, we may never be able to comprehend the inception of the universe.

It's probably just a coincidence that a universe hardwired to produce intelligence just popped into existence out of nothing. :lol:

“If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Does freedom come with immersion in a theology that Christians don't comprehend? That they shrug off as something that "surpasses their understanding," as they like to say?

The thread title uses the term "nutshell". That means reduced to the most reduced essence. If anything does that, it is the provided quotation.
Wow, it's like you don't even need the rest of the Bible. Any new-age guru can say the same thing.

Now can you put Christianity - in its "most reduced essence" - in its biblical contexts?
See Mathew, 7:6.

Matthew 7:6 New King James Version 6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

and what might that be ...

who wrote that, to the dogs, likewise wrote the 1st chapter of their christian bible - lost, hopeless sinners. needing a messiah isn't the same as there is a messiah.

Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

who wrote that, to the dogs, likewise wrote the 1st chapter of their christian bible - lost, hopeless sinners. needing a messiah isn't the same as there is a messiah.

Matthew 7 is the last of three chapters that record what is now known as the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus commands His hearers not to pronounce shallow or hypocritical judgment. He describes God as a generous Father eager to give good things to His children when they ask. He commands His followers to enter the narrow gate and walk the hard road to life. False prophets can be recognized by their fruit, meaning their actions and choices. At the same time, good deeds are not absolute proof that someone has true faith. To live by Jesus' teaching is like building the house of your life on a solid foundation instead of shifting sand.

Matthew 7 is the last of three chapters that record what is now known as the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus commands His hearers not to pronounce shallow or hypocritical judgment. He describes God as a generous Father eager to give good things to His children when they ask. He commands His followers to enter the narrow gate and walk the hard road to life. False prophets can be recognized by their fruit, meaning their actions and choices. At the same time, good deeds are not absolute proof that someone has true faith. To live by Jesus' teaching is like building the house of your life on a solid foundation instead of shifting sand.
peasnat dreams as well -
“Do not give what is holy to the dogs;
howabout - what is holy - and pardon an antiquity -
1616377730196.png

to give is to receive ...

* also once "grazed" hogs ... there is a difference, those that wrote that book would not know - their pen from the swines.

We do know for sure that the Earth will end in a few billion years when the Sun dies. Although I do suppose crazies could put an end to all life on Earth if they decide to go on a Nuclear rampage. But sure, I think in the Christian world it is taught in every generation that it is the end times. That is a good selling point to keep followers and religion is highly profitable.
Indeed, every generation likes to think of itself as that generation. They like to think of themselves as involved in the apocalypse somehow, to the exclusion of the apostles and the generation that Jesus and Paul addressed.

Through my own research and reading many books on the subject, it is very possible that the Bible Jesus didn't actually exist and was a story created by the Piso family by combining a few godmen from the past.

Through my own research and reading many books on the subject, it is very possible that the Bible Jesus didn't actually exist and was a story created by the Piso family by combining a few godmen from the past.
Scholars can't discount the authenticity of several of Paul's letters, which were written before AD 70, when Israel's age ended, and cannot fix the date of all the gospels to have been written after AD 70. If even one epistle or even one gospel were written before the temple fell, then that smacks of undeniable and realized prophecy, as all the New Testament books, except perhaps Philemon, include some eschatology.

And all the writers and their readers call themselves followers of the Christ (the Way), even convening as a loose organization of adherents in the years between the crucifixion and the apocalypse. The first Council of Jerusalem, for example, was in AD 50 or 51.

Jesus was Israel's Messiah. He was the redeemer of a small minority of people in Palestine who pretty much kept to themselves, so certainly he would not have had an impact on the rest of the world (he came only for the house of Israel, after all). His legacy, of course, had a wider impact, as history bears out, and that is how the rest of the world came to know him.

I have no reason to doubt that such a man existed.

they would have needed an actual person to "verify" their version of the 1st century events -
Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

they spent just under a century writing the christian bible using the 1st century religious itinerant to sanctify their political / social objectives with little regards for why that individual actually sacrificed their life for a purpose deliberately obscured for the authors own use and purposes.

In today's sophisticated world, religion is not logical. Christianity, on the other hand, is. It is highly historical and highly predictive.

So tell us now: what makes Christianity illogical?

"Sophisticated world" - where Americans elected an obviously corrupt, crooked and terribly cognitively impaired president along with a vice president who whored her way into power

Where men don't know which bathroom to use and pretend to become women

Where women act like men they claim to hate and despise and on occasion try to become men

Where vile perverts prey on innocent children, raping and molesting them, and those vile perverts are lionized and protected by those who would support and elect the bribing, demented president who boasted of withholding a billion dollars from Ukraine unless they laid hands off his criminal, drug addled, whoring son who left his laptop for repairs, and for the world to see how stupid he and his father are.

Such sophistication one barely knows how to handle it.

----------------------------------
PPP

Practice Pretension & Profanity

And YOU TOO can be an atheist. Simply tell everyone else you are so intellectually superior to them that you HAVE TO BE RIGHT in everything you say! Then curse and revile them. After all, this attracted you to atheism, it's sure to work on those blankety blank idiots, right?

The Fallacy of the Argument From Authority never occurs to atheists who demand that they are right because they are infallibly smart. Their conclusion is as false s their premise, but hey, profanity and bitterness will make it all right, you ##&#$*@!$T#.

His vein, ironically grave, Expos'd the fool, and lash'd the knave.

You continue to chase your own tail, getting nowhere.
God surpasses our understanding, as do so many other things we take for granted every day, beginning with the electron. I won't bother to elaborate because you surpass ignorance.

My Ignore List just grew by you.

"Go from the presence of a foolish man." - The Holy Bible

In today's sophisticated world, religion is not logical. Christianity, on the other hand, is. It is highly historical and highly predictive.

So tell us now: what makes Christianity illogical?

"Sophisticated world" - where Americans elected an obviously corrupt, crooked and terribly cognitively impaired president along with a vice president who whored her way into power

Where men don't know which bathroom to use and pretend to become women

Where women act like men they claim to hate and despise and on occasion try to become men

Where vile perverts prey on innocent children, raping and molesting them, and those vile perverts are lionized and protected by those who would support and elect the bribing, demented president who boasted of withholding a billion dollars from Ukraine unless they laid hands off his criminal, drug addled, whoring son who left his laptop for repairs, and for the world to see how stupid he and his father are.

Such sophistication one barely knows how to handle it.

----------------------------------
PPP

Practice Pretension & Profanity

And YOU TOO can be an atheist. Simply tell everyone else you are so intellectually superior to them that you HAVE TO BE RIGHT in everything you say! Then curse and revile them. After all, this attracted you to atheism, it's sure to work on those blankety blank idiots, right?

The Fallacy of the Argument From Authority never occurs to atheists who demand that they are right because they are infallibly smart. Their conclusion is as false s their premise, but hey, profanity and bitterness will make it all right, you ##&#$*@!$T#.

His vein, ironically grave, Expos'd the fool, and lash'd the knave.

US foreign policy re: Ukraine was to help them clean up their reputation for corruption so they could attract foreign investment.

You sure are ignorant of the facts... and so emotional.

Forum List

Back