Zone1 Christian-born female rabbi shakes up Jewish Orthodoxy

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
After converting to Judaism and undertaking three intensive years of Jewish study, Peretz recently became one of the few women in Israel to receive an Orthodox rabbinical ordination.

Female rabbis have grown increasingly common in more liberal Jewish denominations, but among the Orthodox opportunities for high-level religious study and positions of religious authority are reserved for men.

Israel's Orthodox-controlled chief rabbinate has also refused to recognise Peretz's credentials, meaning she cannot officiate at a recognised synagogue.

This started because she was prevented from learning what she wanted to.

After converting to Judaism and undertaking three intensive years of Jewish study, Peretz recently became one of the few women in Israel to receive an Orthodox rabbinical ordination.

Female rabbis have grown increasingly common in more liberal Jewish denominations, but among the Orthodox opportunities for high-level religious study and positions of religious authority are reserved for men.

Israel's Orthodox-controlled chief rabbinate has also refused to recognise Peretz's credentials, meaning she cannot officiate at a recognised synagogue.

This started because she was prevented from learning what she wanted to.

Why would we care about a woman who rejects Christ?

Why would we care about a woman who rejects Christ?
I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that at no point in my life have I ever, ever, ever said to myself the following: I wonder what theHawk thinks. Ever. I don't see that changing at any point in the future.

She will drift from the Strict conservatism and eschew elements of the orthodoxy and fail to overcome her spotlight as an outlier

I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that at no point in my life have I ever, ever, ever said to myself the following: I wonder what theHawk thinks. Ever. I don't see that changing at any point in the future.
But evidently you think someone should care.

Seems fairly analogous to Catholic nuns who have undertaken the studies normally required in a Seminary to train priests. There was once hope that the Church would one day come to accept female candidates.

Ain't happening.

So what some of them have done is to join renegade "Catholic" congregations where their credentials are accepted. I suspect this woman will choose a similar path - join a community where her credentials will be accepted. But she has no power or right to demand acceptance by those who only accept men. And I suspect her beard is a little wanting.

Forum List

Back