Chris Rock ticket sales surge after Will Smith’s Oscar slap

It seems that his joke was funny to some, and/or, they just want to see how he reacts to the assault he experienced.

People are strange, hah.

Chris Rock’s comedy tour sales surged, according to ticket reseller TickPick, after the comedian’s slapping by Will Smith on the Oscars stage drew global attention

Tour ticket prices now cost a minimum of $341 on TickPick, up from a minimum of $46 per ticket on March 18, Variety reported.

Rock currently has 38 dates scheduled for the tour, hitting cities such as Las Vegas, Denver, Oakland, Seattle, New York, Chicago and Toronto.

TickPick
@TickPick
We sold more tickets to see Chris Rock overnight than we did in the past month combined.
10:39 AM · Mar 28, 2022
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1508453636862627844|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://nationalpost.com/news/world/chris-rock-ticket-sales-surge-after-will-smiths-oscar-slap&tweet_id=1508453636862627844
In Boston on Saturday.

Everyone wants to be on hand when he says "Gotcha!"

Lol.....Will Smith can now sell his services as a "shit-kicker <> ticket booster" ...hell he'll be slapping the shit out of all the comics at this rate. We will call him Willy the smack-master!
I read a Wall Street Journal op-ed that came out the day after the Oscars that said comedians are horrified: because they verbally attack their audience all the time, and if it gets to be a custom to charge the stage and attack them ------------ uh-oh.

This was nothing more than a "reality show" skit. If I had cause to hit another guy, it wouldn't be an open-handed slap.

Typical lefty with no sense of humor.

And yet you still try to be a comedian.
Yea because all the best comedians are conservatives like Dennis Miller.

For years the Daily Show was an amazing cross between comedy and news and you guys never seemed to get it. I think Fox tried to come out with their version and it failed horribly.
Also there's this

Again, we’ve always known Trump as a joke, but he also held the unique position of being someone frequently let in on the joke. His Comedy Central Roast was an invitation to laugh with us. His hosting gig on SNL was an invitation into the cool kids’ club alongside Tom Hanks, Melissa McCarthy, and Alec Baldwin, the very man who would erroneously win an Emmy impersonating him.

These videos take his words verbatim as users lip sync along, sprinkling in some crazy eyes and cringy smiles and calling it a day. That’s not an impression, that’s fascist karaoke.

After feeling tension from the audience after comparing Trump’s rhetoric to Nazism, he somewhat broke character to address the audience. Still with his patented Trump affectation in his voice, the comedian warned the audience clearly as himself that if these words are disturbing then the fact the real Trump is saying them should worry us more.

After feeling tension from the audience after comparing Trump’s rhetoric to Nazism, he somewhat broke character to address the audience. Still with his patented Trump affectation in his voice, the comedian warned the audience clearly as himself that if these words are disturbing then the fact the real Trump is saying them should worry us more.

Disagree. All the best comedians are fearless and don't kowtow to PC bullshit.
The rest of your blather doesn't warrant a response. The inane double paragraph at the end is rather telling of your unhinged psychosis, though.

277574638_4951652921628822_3590012170613983233_n.jpg

For years the Daily Show was an amazing cross between comedy and news and you guys never seemed to get it. I think Fox tried to come out with their version and it failed horribly.
Also there's this

Again, we’ve always known Trump as a joke, but he also held the unique position of being someone frequently let in on the joke. His Comedy Central Roast was an invitation to laugh with us. His hosting gig on SNL was an invitation into the cool kids’ club alongside Tom Hanks, Melissa McCarthy, and Alec Baldwin, the very man who would erroneously win an Emmy impersonating him.

These videos take his words verbatim as users lip sync along, sprinkling in some crazy eyes and cringy smiles and calling it a day. That’s not an impression, that’s fascist karaoke.

Are you still in the recovery unit?

Amy Schumer is 'still triggered and traumatized' by Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at Oscars​

Amy Schumer, who co-hosted the Oscars, is still processing the Will Smith slap.

"I think we can all agree that the best way to unpack what happened is to stream my series @lifeandbethhulu and see me on tour this fall," she joked. "But for real. Still triggered and traumatized."

The actress and comedian continued, "I love my friend @chrisrock and believe he handled it like a pro. Stayed up there and gave an Oscar to his friend @questlove and the whole thing was so disturbing. So much pain in @willsmith."

After watching it the slap was about 2 seconds and I doubt that it even made contact. So this might have been a set up as part of the show or will making a case to win best actor.

After watching it the slap was about 2 seconds and I doubt that it even made contact. So this might have been a set up as part of the show or will making a case to win best actor.
Exactly.
Rehearsed theatre .
The amazing thing is that we have so many Gullibles here who could and cannot see the obvious .
No wonder they brain detonate when it moves up a notch to the , 6 foot 6 inch black lad assaulted his teacher garbage , let alone the Ohio chemical spill .And the huge alligator eats old woman story was hysterical .

Surely we will soon need to discuss whether the Gullible and Stupid should be allowed news access for their own mental health and our safety
And whether those Vaxxed more than once should be allowed out without clear identification -- a large red triangle on their outer clothing, say .
:cool:

Forum List

Back