Chris Matthews - Being Rude To Obama Is Unconstitutional ?

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Chris Matthews: Is challenging Obama unconstitutional? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Matthews played a video clip of the exchange, in which Romney accused Obama of cutting the number of oil and gas permits awarded on federal lands:

ROMNEY: How much did you cut them by?

OBAMA: I’m happy to answer the question.

ROMNEY: All right. And it is — I don’t think anyone really believes that you’re a person who’s going to be pushing for oil and gas and coal. [Gestures.] You’ll get your chance in a moment. I’m still speaking.

OBAMA: Well –

ROMNEY: And the answer is I don’t believe people think that`s the case because –

ROMNEY: — that wasn’t the question.

OBAMA: OK.

ROMNEY: That was a statement.

After the clip ended, Matthews seemed appalled. “I don’t think [Romney] understands the Constitution of the United States,” Matthews said. “He’s the president of the United States. You don’t say, ‘You’ll get your chance.’”

Now, it’s entirely possible for one to think Romney was rude to Obama during that moment in the debate. A president is of course entitled to some deference, and some people undoubtedly thought Romney was insufficiently deferential. Others thought Romney’s behavior was entirely acceptable. But just for the record, there is nothing in the Constitution barring one from saying “You’ll get your chance” to the President of the United States — no matter what his supporters on MSNBC say.

So what is Chris saying ?

That Romey can't call his man-god out when he's lying ?

After the clip ended, Matthews seemed appalled. “I don’t think [Romney] understands the Constitution of the United States,” Matthews said. “He’s the president of the United States. You don’t say, ‘You’ll get your chance.’”

Matthews is an embarrassment to journalism.

Chris Matthews is worthless as a journalist. He's really just a carnival barker selling tickets to the Obama side show......

NOt unconstitutional but unamerican since Obama is a war president.

So all you libtards were UN AMerican during the Bush Presidency. Thanks for admitting such. It makes my soul sing, my wings fling, my bells ring, my tingles jingle. :lol::lol:

Poor Chris. Ever since the disaster in Debate #1, that tingling feeling has yet to come back to his leg and he's doing whatever he can to find it again.

Pussy Hazelnut sent me a personal message telling I was wrong on this thread.

But he won't accept personal messages himself.

He's a coward, like the more liberal dickweeds on this board.

Dems want a dictator. They love totalitarian all government control with a supreme leader.

Sorry, but we're the type of people who would execute our tyrant kings. It was very liberal thinking that challenged the kings of old and the many revolutions that sparked change.

Dems want a dictator. They love totalitarian all government control with a supreme leader.

Sorry, but we're the type of people who would execute our tyrant kings. It was very liberal thinking that challenged the kings of old and the many revolutions that sparked change.

Which then got away from them, got a lot of people killed...including the liberal leaders who started it.

After all, if you can't have it your way....there isn't going to be a way.

Which then got away from them, got a lot of people killed...including the liberal leaders who started it.

There is no one man who steams a revolution to the end.

You did squash the liberals though, so you had to feel pretty good about that. It still brought about the change it had striven for, however.

Chris Matthews: Is challenging Obama unconstitutional? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Matthews played a video clip of the exchange, in which Romney accused Obama of cutting the number of oil and gas permits awarded on federal lands:

ROMNEY: How much did you cut them by?

OBAMA: I’m happy to answer the question.

ROMNEY: All right. And it is — I don’t think anyone really believes that you’re a person who’s going to be pushing for oil and gas and coal. [Gestures.] You’ll get your chance in a moment. I’m still speaking.

OBAMA: Well –

ROMNEY: And the answer is I don’t believe people think that`s the case because –

ROMNEY: — that wasn’t the question.

OBAMA: OK.

ROMNEY: That was a statement.

Now, it’s entirely possible for one to think Romney was rude to Obama during that moment in the debate. A president is of course entitled to some deference, and some people undoubtedly thought Romney was insufficiently deferential. Others thought Romney’s behavior was entirely acceptable. But just for the record, there is nothing in the Constitution barring one from saying “You’ll get your chance” to the President of the United States — no matter what his supporters on MSNBC say.

So what is Chris saying ?

That Romey can't call his man-god out when he's lying ?

What part of it's a Debate, and Obama is not only President but a Candidate in an Election does that fucking screw ball not get.

You can't hide behind being the President, to try and ask for special Treatment in a Debate. That's just fucking lame.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back